Need Help to Select Diesel Hatch

Hello,

(This is my 1st post on this forum.)

I am also caught between Figo and Punto with more inclined towards Punto - most likely finalize by today after TD of Punto and book either of them tomorrow.

I request your opinion / advice on the understanding I have gathered referring other posts and on final selection between:

1) Figo TDCi Titanium OR
2) Punto 76hp MJD Emotion Pk

The price difference I see for Punto is 65K and I would have liked it to be < 40K difference.

As I have gathered with other people's posts, the +ve things that are relevant for (when compared against each other strictly) are:

Figo +ves
- Better price for required set of features and utility
- Better service and customer care compared to FIAT
- Ford seems more serious to stay in India than FIAT as car manufacturer
- I have read NVH levels are better (not yet confirmed on my own)
- More responsive for city driving (not really checked myself on Punto, but certainly found Figo very responsive)
- May give better mileage in city compared to 76hp Punto

Punto +ves
- Better feel when seating inside the car
- Many additional useful features - 60:40 split, rear power windows, better instrumentation tools, 15" tyres, climate control and probably more safety features
- Better and more recent engine, have 7hp more, perhaps will stand the emission norm etc standards
- You may find this strange - but I think Punto has better interiors and plastic (at least comparing the ones I test drove)
- I like that car!

Things those (slightly) pull me away from:

Figo
- Somehow get the feeling that Ford seriously wants to keep Figo as cheap or VFM car (while the top end price is not really cheap). Especially lack of rear power window option points to that direction. Even the door quality could have been better.
- I have read various reviews quoting mileage ranging from 10Kmph to 20Kmph and even within respective experience it is not constant for same driving patterns
- Same applies for engine noise - it seems to very a lot car to car or time to time
- There are reports of various issues such as engine stalling, window rolling down etc which seem very common
- I found gearshift not so good and hard on my TD vehicle

Punto
- FIAT doesn't seem serious about India market. I had not so good experience with Prerana Agara Bangalore and now am in contact with Concorde. FIAT promised a follow up but didn't. Imagine if this is the case before buying, what will happen after I buy the FIAT car? Even serious concern is - what if FIAT runs away again from India???
- Cost difference with Figo (~65k)
- Risk of not getting spares and in time
- And biggest -> dilemma of "why not go for 90HP when already going for 76 Emotion Pack?". But this means 35K more which actually makes 1lac more than Figo! As per my understanding, with 76HP instead of 90HP, I will have - lesser mileage, more responsive driver (better for city), limit on max speed I can reach and in secs.

I guess I ended up having a very long post - sorry for that and also for sneaking my trouble into someone else's thread but I thought I had the same thinking as cherry narrowed down earlier and perhaps the experts could get where I am lost and get me out.

Thanks.

Hemant

I definitely say that Fiat has improved the quality of plastics and fit and finish of the car. My car is way better than Figo and Polo when compared in Fit and Finish and Plastics.
if its improve then nothing is better for fiat , do u have any ownership review on this form .
[cheers]

Punto 1.3 is the best in the catagory. IMO....

Try it. they provide the extra safety sheet below the engine. Do u know this?

Have a try @ KHT motors, Whitefield and Try to meet a Guy called Puneet,
your views will change certainly.[:)]

Myself booked a PUNTO emotion recently

Most likely will book Punto MJD Epk today.

I have one question: the dealer says he will arrange PDI in showroom. Is this correct? I thought the PDIs are done in dealer's stockyard (mostly outside the city).

350Z

Core Team
I have one question: the dealer says he will arrange PDI in showroom. Is this correct? I thought the PDIs are done in dealer's stockyard (mostly outside the city).
No, that's shouldn't be a concern. Just make sure to note the VIN and cross-check it while receiving the car.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thanks 350Z.

I have one more question, where is the VIN number located on Punto? I went to Concorde yesterday and observed that the VIN number was mentioned on sticker put on the window near ORVM. But that was just a normal one, like we get on our check-in baggage for example and can be replaced by anyone.

Spot on

Looks like FIAT has updated the Punto w.e.f June 2011. the changes are -

* Altered gear knob
* better gear shift
* lighter steering
* revised gear ratios (no more turbo lag)
* better NVH
* better fit & finish of cabin
* better mapping of clutch & gearbox to avoid jerks
* refinement at higher RPMs
* better acceleration (said that 0-100 kmph has improved by 2 secs approx)
* feels tightly screwed & solidly built

Above info is from Raj's Thread -

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...an-horse-bossa-nova-white-pics-pg-5-a-22.html
But it is still not confirmed. There is no official news regarding this from the company. Some say that nothing like this has happened!

Thread Starter #25
Thanks for your input friends :)

I have taken test drive of both punto and figo and Below is my analysis:

Looks: punto:1,figo:0
Comfort & Ride quatity: punto:2,figo:0
Cabin and Boot space: punto:3,figo:1(equal)
cost(punto active/figo Exi): punto:4,figo:2(almost equal)
Features: punto:4,figo:3

Maintenance cost & resale value: i will have to check on those.Your comments are welcome for this too :)

one thing that i really didn't liked about figo was: the rear window glass do not go below half of the actual space. It means u can only open half of the rear windows. Fealt like i was trapped there :( and the person was making up for it that this is for safety of children sitting on rear seat... lol

one thing i really liked about punto is that i has got a big car feel. u'll know this as soon as you start driving it :)

I think i am getting dragged towards punto!

Awaiting your response on above analysis!

Thanks,

cherry :)

I am also caught between Figo and Punto with more inclined towards Punto - most likely finalize by today after TD of Punto and book either of them tomorrow.

Punto +ves
- I like that car!

Punto
- And biggest -> dilemma of "why not go for 90HP when already going for 76 Emotion Pack?". But this means 35K more which actually makes 1lac more than Figo! As per my understanding, with 76HP instead of 90HP, I will have - lesser mileage, more responsive driver (better for city), limit on max speed I can reach and in secs.
Buddy, its clearly evident that you like the Punto. Go for it or else you will repent later.

If at all, GOD forbid, some issues do arise, you will have to live with it. But if you buy a FIGO & everytime you see a Punto passing by, you will think "wish I had taken the chance"...

I have one more question, where is the VIN number located on Punto? I went to Concorde yesterday and observed that the VIN number was mentioned on sticker put on the window near ORVM. But that was just a normal one, like we get on our check-in baggage for example and can be replaced by anyone.
Open the passenger front door, you will find the VIN under the mat.

one thing i really liked about punto is that i has got a big car feel. u'll know this as soon as you start driving it :)

I think i am getting dragged towards punto!
See, this is what I meant!

Go for new refreshed tata vista , and if you hate tata go for fiat punto.
Vista is a class below the Punto & hence no match. Poorer image (taxi), lesser features, lesser comfort, inferior ride & handling (when compared to Punto) & does not have that feel good factor. all it has is abundance of space.

why did you recommend the Vista & nothing else?

Thread Starter #28
Hi all,

Very Excited to hear that Fiat is launching a new punto in January. Is that correct???
If yes, what are the changes in the new version?? and how much will it cost??

Regards,
Cherry!

Hi all,

Very Excited to hear that Fiat is launching a new punto in January. Is that correct???
If yes, what are the changes in the new version?? and how much will it cost??

Regards,
Cherry!
Found this on IAB . Hope this helps. I don't think there will be any increase in price, only discounts can go away.

Attachments

Top Bottom