Need Help in Repairing My Car Door Speakers

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

Need your help on repairing my car door speakers which were part of my flooded car. As I have opted for total loss from the insurance company and surrendered the car. I have collected the head unit and all the door speakers from the service centre as they are not part of insurance.

Now I have Pioneer Head unit, front door JBL components (Tweeters missing in service centre) and rear door Hertz co-axial. As these components were not covered under insurance, I have taken them back and now want an expert advice to check if they are in a working condition.

Please help me if any one has any clue on how to check or any good shop that can assist me to check these.

Images of the head unit & speakers currently i have

Attachments

Sad to hear that your car was affected by flood.

If these components (speakers and HU) were submerged in water, then there is no chance they would survive, at least in the long term. If not, any speaker-repair wala will check your HU and speakers. In fact, you can check the speakers yourself if you have another car with parcel tray speakers. Just connect wires from that car to these speakers and check if they work. Otherwise any ICE shop which has a speaker technician (repair facility) will check your equipment.

It will be a good idea to dry these equipment in sunlight, with speakers placed upside down and HU's opening (any opening/vent) facing down.

bhvm

Honoured Member
firstly, DO NOT test or try these products until you've. prepared them. now,
1.Open the hu and crossovers ,put opened parts in a large bowl of rice. rice shall absorb the moisture.

2. then, everything shall be neartly cleaned using cleaning spririts. the vehicle didn't bath in clean, bottled water, hence there might be sand, dust, carbon on circuit contacts. focus on these areas. use a cotton swab/earbud to get between wires and soldering points. you do not want a piece of carbon to short out the circuits.

3. blast everything with high pressure air. this will get rid of finer particals.

4. connect everything to a spare Battery pack and pray! do not try in someone's car as if by god's grace something blows up or catches fire, the car could be at risk.

do. keep us posted.

Thread Starter #5
Hi all,

Sorry for the delayed response.

I have taken these speakers and head unit to an car accessories shop, we have tested the speakers and they are working perfectly fine.

The head unit didn't turn out, the shop guy want to investigate further and kept it with him. Waiting for an update from him.

Will keep you updated.

If you're in south chennai, there is a guy in Perumbakkam (opp global hospital) who services car stereos.
I have used his services to fix my Alpine head unit and Kenwood amp

Thread Starter #7
Sorry guys for the delayed response, after few days I got a call from that shop and he said that head unit can’t be repaired. It is a junk with me know. Want to throw this out, but placed it on the loft.

If you're in south chennai, there is a guy in Perumbakkam (opp global hospital) who services car stereos.
I have used his services to fix my Alpine head unit and Kenwood amp
Yes I stay on OMR, Perumbakkam is reachable to my house, now I will take this that guy and can you provide the shop name or his contact details.

Thread Starter #9

Top Bottom