Need Help in Buying New Car, Now Booked Ford Figo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
I am looking for new car purchase upto the range of Rs.9-10 Lakhs.

Should have good FE loaded with features and VFM.

I have already done lots of TD but getting more and more confused as more new models are expected by jan 2010.

So guys just guide me which car to go for.

350Z

Core Team
Hi anuprav,
Can you please go to this thread first and answer the questions which are asked? It will become easy for us to guide you towards the perfect car. [:)].

By the way, What about the Cruze which you booked?

Drive Safe!
350Z

Thread Starter #3
Cruze I have already taken the delivery but looking for second car
----------Next Post------------
1) Budget: Rs.9-10 Lacs

2) Where Do You Live? New Delhi

3) Top 5 Priorities: new SX4, fiesta SXI, Linea 1.4 (if any change in engine expected as present linea is under powered), Manza, toyota Altis (in this case I have to extend my budget a bit and will only get base model, Honda City can consider but still they dont offer Music System,

4) Monthly Running: 800 Kms

5) For Which Purpose? Family

6) Max. People it should accomodate? 5

7) Priority of Fuel Type: Petrol

8) Body Type? Sedan. Hatch back can be considered

Last edited:
Hey Anupav!

For the budget you have mentioned, I can think about the following cars.

Sedan

Fiat Linea Dynamic Pk 1.4 - 6.8Lakhs
Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi ABS - 7.5Lakhs
Honda City 2008 1.5 V MT - 9.31Lakhs
Hyundai Verna VTVT SX 1.6 - 7.47Lakhs
Maruti Suzuki SX4 ZXi(o) - 7.82Lakhs
Tata Indigo Manza Aura (+)- 6.06Lakhs

Hatchback

Honda Jazz Active - 7.78Lakhs
Hyundai i20 1.4 Asta AT(O)- 8.09Lakhs

Will post the small review of all the cars soon.

Thread Starter #5
Hi Zinam,

Verna is out dated. Verna diesel is good car but petrol will not be a good choice. Interiors too are not good, they are cheap and even the music system is cheap look. I did the TD of verna and so far I have ruled out verna from the list.

For me the type of running I will have I think the petrol will be the good option.

As I have already got Cruze LTZ which is diesel so I will be going in for petrol one only

Okay! Lets see the Plus & Minus of all the cars now

Fiat Linea Dynamic Pk 1.4

This car has a very brilliant Italian deisgn & looks are really good.
The weight of the car makes it bit under powered. But Its a good city car.
Mileage is pretty decent & gives 10kmpl in city & 13 in Highway driving.

Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi ABS

Fiesta has already proved to be sucessful car.
This car is really well powered & has got more thirsty engine.
Mileage is pretty decent & gives 9kmpl in city & 13 in Highway driving.
Ford's ASS & cost of spares is a Minus

Honda City 2008 1.5 V MT

All time hot seller in the segment for decades. You will not go wrong selecting this car.
Best city car & well powered highway cruiser.

Maruti Suzuki SX4 ZXi(o)

The most Masculine & Bulkier car in this segment.
Mileage is really the down point of this car. You can expect 8 kmpl in city & 12 in highways.
We will recmond you to wait for the New Gen SX4.

Tata Indigo Manza Aura (+)

The best ever car from TATA. you can have a look at TAI's Review here.
We dont recommend Manza as your budget is really good.
Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8G - 11.65Lakhs
It will be the best pick of all the sedans mentioned.
If you can strech your budget, then go ahead & grab.
The most sophisticated & comforable car in this segment & fastest too.

Honda Jazz Active

Good Hatch. But overpriced. You have a very good budget.
We will recommend you to stick with sedan.

Hyundai i20 1.4 Asta AT(O)

Its really a decent hatch & most powerful Hatchback.
But its overpriced.

Let me know your feedback on the above cars.

So I can suggest you more suitable car! [cheers]

Here's what i think,Hope you too will agree -

SX4 - Its a great car.A new one is on its way,they might again make changes even in the new model later on.You have a decent budget of 9-10 lakhs then why a Maruti after all your car represents you.

Fiesta SXI
- You can go for the FORD FIESTA any day.As you have test driven most of the cars,you yourself can make out the difference.The steering,brakes response makes this car stand out completely.I don't think the maintenance is that high either,its just that the spares are a bit costly.

Linea 1.4 - Great car again but the petrol variant looses on the performance front.It lacks the punch.

Manza
- Though i have liked this car TATA should be a strict NO NO.A.S.S isn't upto the mark.Its perfect for some one who's budget is of a hatch & he stretches it to get himself a sedan.

Toyota Altis
- If you are read to stretch & get you self a base model then go for it,but it doesn't sound as a good idea.

Honda City
- You can go for this one.Its a great car.Honda after all.Not high that on maintenance.The reports till now have been all positive.But i don't like the rear looks at all.The manza's rear looks better.

Haven't considered the hatches as your budget permits you to go for a nice sedan.

My word - Go for the Fiesta or the City.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Anuprav,
Since your budget is Rs.9-10lakhs and you want the car to accomodate 5 people in comfort, I personally suggest you to opt out the hatchbacks. Also drop the idea of cars like Manza etc which stand below the segment when your budget allows much more.

Some worth considerable cars when looking into your budget and the requirements are:
  1. Honda City
  2. Chevy Optra Magnum
  3. Ford Fiesta
  4. Fiat Linea
  5. Maruti SX4
Starting with the SX4, Its one of a value for money car and the Maruti Suzuki has a widespread network assuring you complete peace of mind, However the downside includes the low fuel economy, which is one of your main requirement, So you should drop it out from the list.

Coming to the Fiat Linea, Its the car which has succesfully won hearts of many Indians despite the fact that its from Fiat brand which was not-so-popular for its after sales network.
But now as the times have changed, Fiat India has changed as well and scenario is bit different. However, The long term reliability and lack of spare parts availability still might be an issue with Fiat but for the Linea as a car, I give it full on full.

Talking about, Ford Fiesta its a perfect driver's and a family car.
One of our member recently bought it, You can check the experience in this thread.

Optra Magnum and Honda City - These are the two cars which i highly suggest you check out.
Both are the grown and perfect vehicles available in your price range, Also, They are much up-market than others suggested above.In addition, Both are backed by trusted and reliable brands - GM and Honda.

From the 2, My vote will be for Honda City because of its all-new stunning and impressive looks and design and the interiors. If you are opting it out because of Music System, Then thats not a big concern, Dealer may offer it as additional accessory if you ask but that depends on how much tricky you are because generally, Dealers always win the war. So be well prepared before stepping into the showroom and making the final decsion.

Drive Safe!
350Z

For petrol, for the budget, City is the best bet. In the recent facelift, interiors and fabrics are changed along with quality improvement. It does have a music system, but no cd player(only aux and usb). You can always use a pendrive and store tons of songs and play and also music can be played with mobile phone or ipod. It is powerful and fuel efficient. But City is a little less on features.

350Z

Core Team
Yes, As Crazy Cat said, The car does have Music System but only with Auxiliary Port not the CD player, But in these modern times, CDs are slowly becoming dated, So thats not really a big thing IMO, Use your iPods, Pendrives and enjoy. This should not be the reason for not considering the City.

Also, If you plan to keep car for long term, Then City will have a solid re-sale value.

Drive Safe!
350Z

the budget you have and cars you shortlisted, i would suggest you to choose between honda city, fiat linea or upcoming Sx4.fiat linea petrol isnt that sluggish as we read, petrol ones is pretty much powerful to give you smooth ride with superb suspension setup, along with some cool gadgets on offer.TD it once and decide.Yes on resale value H-city is higher but then its not always about resale right.Else city makes sense.

Yes, As Crazy Cat said, The car does have Music System but only with Auxiliary Port not the CD player, But in these modern times, CDs are slowly becoming dated, So thats not really a big thing IMO, Use your iPods, Pendrives and enjoy. This should not be the reason for not considering the City.

Also, If you plan to keep car for long term, Then City will have a solid re-sale value.

Drive Safe!
350Z
[agree]
City- The family sedan of the lot. Gentle and smart. but dont expect it to get adventurous.And take my word for it, dont vouch for a factory spec stereo, they are ****py things, unless its linea's 'blue and me' or manzas 'blue 5'. spend 35-40 k, and you will have a rocking ICE. i can help if u need it.

Ford fiesta 1.6s- Brings out the boy racer in you. superb handling, best sporty sedan for the money. get one, and u'll b seen drifting about every roundturn you encounter[:D]

Sx4- with a budget of 10 lakhs, why go for a maruti dude?? And inspite of all that masculanity in the ads, its still a crossover and weirdo. No personality of its own.
Optra magnum- i would have loved to suggest this one, but no diesel.[roll]
Corolla- A base for this price?? a strict nono.

Hey, nobody suggested Fabia? Not many fans here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #13
Thanks for the response I got.

Will be reverting soon as a bit busy with my office work.

By 4 PM i shall be carefully reading the replies and then I shall give further replies.

Sorry for the delay as some important work of my office is pending and needs immediate attention.

By the way SX4 launched today.

The new SX4 has been lauched. Saw Full page Ads in the leading newspaper today. Most prominent changes are: -

the alloys and VTT tag on the side.
Different front grill with a honeycomb mesh
Colors have changed slightly. Red has been replaced by blue . and a new Choclate color has been introduced. that will be interesting to see on roads.
Engine power has only improved marginally, but there was no need to do anything in any case. Hopefully the mileage improves further.
Interiors seem better than before, so that is a welcome sight.
The Prices are are in the given range.(ex. Delhi) vxi MT 668125.78 ZXi AT802128.79. So no major changes there as well.

Variant Metallic
MARUTI SX4 VXI (BSIV) 668125.78
MARUTI SX4 ZXI AT (BSIV) 802128.79
MARUTI SX4 ZXI AT LEATHER (BSIV) 835651.77
MARUTI SX4 ZXI MT (BSIV) 737128.77
MARUTI SX4 ZXI MT, LEATHER(BSIV) 770651.78

Reading through the inputs so far, I think your options are:

Ford Fiesta 1.6 S / SXi
Maruti Suzuki SX4 ZXI MT (BSIV)
Linea 1.4 Emotion Pk

If you are opting for Linea, wait some couple of more months if possible. May be till Jan. Most probably FIAT will roll out Linea with new engines.

350Z

Core Team
Shynish,
You missed out the Honda City which is one of the highly recommendable car currently at the budget anuprav has.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom