Need Help Identifying Remote Key Provider

Thread Starter #1
Hi , please have a look at the image below, I need a replacement key, however the car security system is unknown. This key is for an old Hyundai i20. please help me in identifying the car security system, it's defintely not Autocop

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Need help with identification of the car remote key provider (image included)

Hi , please have a look at the image below, I need a replacement key, however the car security system is unknown. This key is for an old Hyundia i20. please help me in identifying the car security system, it's defintely not Autocop
Buddy, are you the 1st owner of the i20 or is it a pre-owned one?

In case security system is fixed by showroom, then you can ask them about the make and if in case the car is pre-owned one then check with the manual if you have or else ask the previous owner if he/she might know.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #3
It's pre-owned and I asked the previous owner and the Hyundia showroom and they have no clue about it. But they did tell me it's an Indian car security system

It looks like minda car security key but it's not that as well

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Need help with identification of the car remote key provider (image included)

It's pre-owned and I asked the previous owner and the Hyundia showroom and they have no clue about it. But they did tell me it's an Indian car security system It looks like minda car security key but it's not that as well
Ok. Do you have a manual for it? If not then open the hood and look for the locking buzzer (it is in shape of mini siren) on that the maker's name is often present. Do post a pic if you can please.

Please refer OEM as HYUNDAI

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #5

Ok. Do you have a manual for it? If not then open the hood and look for the locking buzzer (it is in shape of mini siren) on that the maker's name is often present. Do post a pic if you can please.

Regards

Akash
Alright, will try that however what if the siren is not in the hood?

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Alright, will try that however what if the siren is not in the hood?
It would be in the hood only most likely near battery. If not then refer to the manual of the locking system for location. Just in case you do not have manual of locking system then go through manual of your car, the placement of additional security systems would be described in it.

PS: I am assuming your car to be 2008-2010 model (correct me here), if so, then the locking system could be "Hyundai Max Remote Locking".

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
I guess I have seen similar remote on some old Wagon R and it was a Xenos fitment. Do check with Xenos as already recommended by 'Chevrolet'.

BTW if you are facing problems with remote locking then why not get a new system installed on your car?
If you find that you press the button and still there in no action with tightening of inner locking mechanism then there are chances of your driver side door latch gone kaput, a replacement of around 3500 I guess.

Thread Starter #9
I guess I have seen similar remote on some old Wagon R and it was a Xenos fitment. Do check with Xenos as already recommended by 'Chevrolet'.

BTW if you are facing problems with remote locking then why not get a new system installed on your car?
If you find that you press the button and still there in no action with tightening of inner locking mechanism then there are chances of your driver side door latch gone kaput, a replacement of around 3500 I guess.
It's not Xenos, the security system in my car is perfect, it's just remote key she'll that I need, if I get to know the company I can then find out where to get the remote key

Thread Starter #10

Regards

Akash
I took a pic of the siren alarm under the hood, unfortunately there is no name of the maker[sad][sad]. Am I doomed?

Akash1886

Honoured Member

I took a pic of the siren alarm under the hood, unfortunately there is no name of the maker. Am I doomed?
In that case, it is slightly difficult. If dealers are unable to name the brand of system in your car then you have to rely on after-market one. Were you able to find a manual of locking system?

Regards

Akash

Beneath the steering column near driver's door side, sometimes, you can see a security wiring , which links doors to front circuit (Under hood).
Also most have the blinking light inside,check with that also.

Standard brands for security systems are Nippon,Minda,Xenos.

Thread Starter #13
Beneath the steering column near driver's door side, sometimes, you can see a security wiring , which links doors to front circuit (Under hood).
Also most have the blinking light inside,check with that also.

Standard brands for security systems are Nippon,Minda,Xenos.
It's neither of them, however will check beneath the steering column.

Top Bottom