Need Help Deciding: Toyota Glanza Vs Maruti Baleno

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm planning to buy a car in Mumbai and have drilled down my car choices to either Toyota Glanza (G CVT) or Maruti Nexa Baleno (Zeta CVT), both being the same car except for the branding. Now I am more inclined towards Glanza and here's why:
  1. Better Price: Glanza G-CVT will cost me 9.5L including accessories worth 10K and extended warranty worth 12K.
    The similar model Zeta-CVT of Baleno is costing me 9.95L including accessories worth 20K and extended warranty worth 15K.
  2. Better warranty: Glanza is offering 3 years/100000kms while Baleno is offering 2 years/40000kms
Now I your help with few questions so I can better decide which one I should go for:
  1. Given that I'd be buying the car in the Oct'20 which is towards the end of the year, which car would give me better resale value if I plan to sell it after say 3-5 years?
  2. The sales team of Baleno claimed that you can achieve 12-13kms/ltr of mileage in Mumbai traffic. I am buying the car in Mumbai. How true is that given that I am buying the automatic version of the car? I am assuming I'd get the same mileage for Glanza as well.
  3. Is it worth taking the extended warranty for additional 2-3 years?
  4. Which brand has a better after sales support and service?
Thanks in advance guys!

My choice would be Glanza (Just considering the overall cost, including extended warranty).
Regarding your questions:
1. Both the car, from a normal buyer perspective , Maruti will fetch more resale(The common mindset), but from an enthusiasts'perspective- both have same resale value.
2.Have heard that Glanza automatic has 2 state of tunes - 90bhp and 83bhp(Automatic) , Hence both will be having similar mileage figures. The1.2LKseries engine (Same in my Swift), in number to bumper traffic I get 12-13kmpl with A/c On .
3.Yes, Extended warranty is always advised for the maximum coverage possible.
4.MSIL has more networks , Toyota has better trained crew(They handle 20L+ segment too , so professionalism can be expected in that level). A personal thought (I am not sure how well Nexa technicians are, as I haven't), talking from a MS service centre experience, majority of the crew treat an Alto and the Brezza in same level (Hope you get what I meant , even though price of the car is different , they handle the ride, do the work as if its cheaper car even in Brezza ).

deville_56

Honoured Member
Adding to that, Glanzas are mostly readily available in all colours and trim levels compared to waiting for specific model Balenos. Parts/accessories can be sourced from Maruti bin.

Apart from the Badging, is there any thing different in Glanza over Baleno? take it with pinch of salt that both the cars are same except for the logo stuck on the car. so you can choose any car that suits your budget. Difference i guess could be in service experience.

Thread Starter #6
My choice would be Glanza (Just considering the overall cost, including extended warranty).
Regarding your questions:
1. Both the car, from a normal buyer perspective , Maruti will fetch more resale(The common mindset), but from an enthusiasts'perspective- both have same resale value.
2.Have heard that Glanza automatic has 2 state of tunes - 90bhp and 83bhp(Automatic) , Hence both will be having similar mileage figures. The1.2LKseries engine (Same in my Swift), in number to bumper traffic I get 12-13kmpl with A/c On .
3.Yes, Extended warranty is always advised for the maximum coverage possible.
4.MSIL has more networks , Toyota has better trained crew(They handle 20L+ segment too , so professionalism can be expected in that level). A personal thought (I am not sure how well Nexa technicians are, as I haven't), talking from a MS service centre experience, majority of the crew treat an Alto and the Brezza in same level (Hope you get what I meant , even though price of the car is different , they handle the ride, do the work as if its cheaper car even in Brezza ).
Thanks buddy for the detailed reply. I might as well go with Glanza then. :)

Though Toyota may offer a better warranty if you opt for extended warranty the Baleno works out cheaper and you get 1 year extra. Also the hybrid version of the Glanza was over 60K cheaper than the equivalent Baleno. That difference is now just 20K. Depending on you negotiation skills you could get the Baleno cheaper and a bonus of 1 year extra warranty.

Top Bottom