Need Help: Dash Cam vs Pressure Washer

Thread Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Recently, few months ago I bought a new car. Since then I wanted a pressure washer along with foam lance. Now after observing few offers, branded washer like karcher starts from 5K for pressure washer (k2 basic without foam lance).

Now after watching recent road rage/accident incidents I kind of want to buy a cheap Action camera as dash cam. After searching and reading few online forums, I narrowed my choices down to SjCam sj4000 or DBPower ex5000. These costs around 4K including customs.

Currently stuck in a dilemma between a dash cam or pressure washer as I have money only yo buy any one of these. Now I need your help in choosing better choice.

Re: Need Help - Dash Cam vs Pressure washer

Get the "Dash Cam" Krishna. I feel dash cam will be offered along with cars within next 5 years.

I noticed that the Demon makes those otherwise perfect people on road to get immersed in their mobile phones and drive / walk straight into cars. A proper loooooooooong horn sound "wards off" demon's efforts and save them from us BAD drivers driving at Very Very High Speed. Sooooooo, till you get a dash cam, use THAT horn pad [;)]

Krishna. I think you should go for the pressure washer. You said that you bought a new car few months back. So if you drive sensibly with your eyes and ear open... I think there is no need of a dash cam. Rather a pressure washer will help you keep your car cleaner and shinier from outside without much manual effort. Cuz maintaining your car is as much important as driving it.
Hope the advice helps you out. :-D
Best of luck for the buy.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

So if you drive sensibly with your eyes and ear open... I think there is no need of a dash cam.
Best of luck for the buy.
I think most of us bought the dash camera because the others don't drive sensibly and with their eyes open.

To OP - get novatek 96650 dash camera from aliexpress. Brilliant quality at 3200rs(without memory card)
Pressure washer can wait. For the time being you can order a small water fun for 500rs. Search multifunction car water gun on aliexpress.

I think most of us bought the dash camera because the others don't drive sensibly and with their eyes open.

To OP - get novatek 96650 dash camera from aliexpress. Brilliant quality at 3200rs(without memory card)
Pressure washer can wait. For the time being you can order a small water fun for 500rs. Search multifunction car water gun on aliexpress.
+1 to that. I use a Novatek 96650 stealth cam and can vouch for its daylight performance. It's average at night but enough to figure out what's going on up front. In fact, I would recommend you getting one with option for rear camera as well, you know why [:D].

Thread Starter #7

Thanks for your reply guys. I decided to go with a Dash Cam.

@allhyundaicars... do you aliexpress regularly ?. If Yes, how much % was customs duty

I am not sure about it. But will definitely research on it and will post here.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Thanks for your reply guys. I decided to go with a Dash Cam.

@allhyundaicars... do you aliexpress regularly ?. If Yes, how much % was customs duty

I am not sure about it. But will definitely research on it and will post here.
i haven't paid any customs duty yet( ordered around 20 items , costliest being the dash camera and led headlight bulbs ) it depends on your luck :P just order the item and hope that they don't levy any customs. most chinese sellers mentions the parcel as gift with value around 3-5$ so it doesn't attract attention.

Thread Starter #9
@allhyundaicars....

I tried to book that (novatek 96650) dash cam today, my order was cancelled and it was asking me to upload some docs. I uploaded those docs and it stated it has to be verified. Normally how many days did this verification process take for you ?

Can @allhyundaicars / someone please answer following questions :

1. Why dash cam ? Why not use an action camera as dash cam in car mode ?

2. An official SjCam SJ4000 is listed for 3600INR (50$), should i get that as dash cam ?

3. Should I inform seller to mark it as a present to avoid custom duty ?

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@allhyundaicars....

I tried to book that (novatek 96650) dash cam today, my order was cancelled and it was asking me to upload some docs. I uploaded those docs and it stated it has to be verified. Normally how many days did this verification process take for you ?

Can @allhyundaicars / someone please answer following questions :

1. Why dash cam ? Why not use an action camera as dash cam in car mode ?

2. An official SjCam SJ4000 is listed for 3600INR (50$), should i get that as dash cam ?

3. Should I inform seller to mark it as a present to avoid custom duty ?
what docs are you talking about ? [surprise] there is no need for anything to be uploaded at aliexpress. i think the rest of the questions can wait for now. can you please post screenshots of the same ?

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I just Googled this thing and some users have reported that aliexpress sometimes ask for documents. Dont know what really is the case. I don't know how and what the he'll they will verify.

Coming to your questions. I don't think action camera will support auto turn on / auto recording or even loop recording. Plus you will get a normal charger which can be plugged only in wall sockets and I think you can ask the seller to mark it as gift but as I said most of the sellers know and do it on their own.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12
Coming to your questions. I don't think action camera will support auto turn on / auto recording or even loop recording. Plus you will get a normal charger which can be plugged only in wall sockets and I think you can ask the seller to mark it as gift but as I said most of the sellers know and do it on their own.
Newer action camera models have car mode which supports auto turn on / auto recording and even loop recording (cyclic recording). They usb provide a USB cable with the device.

SJCAM SJ4000 Basic | SJCAM Official Website

Newer action camera models have car mode which supports auto turn on / auto recording and even loop recording (cyclic recording). They usb provide a USB cable with the device.

SJCAM SJ4000 Basic | SJCAM Official Website
I looked at your link and feel it will fit your bill. It uses the same Novatek chipset and Aptina lens as my A118C. However, I doubt their 12MP claim on the AR0330 which is actually only 3MP from its product page. Also make sure to check if it can be operated directly from a car charger port to avoid battery exploding due to excessive heat. My dashcam has a capacitor (hence the letter C in its name) to finish saving the vital recording in case power supply is cut-off in a collision.

Thread Starter #14
Guys I realised my problem regarding order cancellation by aliexpress. It was because I paid them with a credit card which did not had VBV 3D secure, so transaction was considered invalid by escrow function.

Later spoke to seller about this problem and i agreed for paypal payment.

@Prabhagar....... I spoke to sjcam customer care based on what you have mentioned. They told me that in car mode it will keep on recording as long as power in on. Incase of sudden shock/accident the motion detection will make camera to keep on recording till battery dies. They also told me to used 32gb or more storage card to save large number of files in form of loop recording so that necessary recordings won't be lost.

Regarding exploding battery, it was only reported by one user and he was using seller supplied battery, not stock battery.

Guys, Took the leap of faith and ordered an SjCam SJ4000 Basic from aliexpress. Total cost was 38641 INR.

Top Bottom