Need Help About the Discount for Ford Figo Titanium Petrol.

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

Good Afternoon.

I am a new joinee & I have been going through your forum to decide which car to buy.
I have finally decided on going with the Ford Figo Titanium Petrol with the Alloy wheels, Steering Tilt, etc.

Last week before Ford released the new features I was quoted the following:
1. Ford Figo Titanium Petrol on Road Mumbai - 5.62 Lakhs.

2. Interiors with Leather Seats, Wood Panelling, etc. - 40K.
3. Roof Rails - 6000.
4. Anti Rust Coating - 3500.
5. Teflon Coating - 3500.
6. Mud Guard, Flaps, 2 yr. Ford + 1 yr. Dealer Warranty - Inclusive in On Road Price.

After negotiating, I got a Final Total Quote for 5.82 Lakhs for all the above mentioned Items. The Dealer also mentioned that he was giving a discount on the Insurance of roughly 18k inclusive in the 5.82 lakhs.

Now recently after Ford included these new features i got a quote of 5.76 Lakhs on the original 5.62 Lakhs.

Now, i need your help & support for the following considering Mumbai region:

1. Is this discount on the Insurance given by the Dealer actually being given by him or Ford itself? Because if it being given by Ford, then I can negotiate some more with the Dealer.
2. The earlier discounted price of 5.82 Lakhs with all the accessories, is it proper or can i get it reduced some more or get it from elsewhere?
3. If I can accessorize it elsewhere, could you kindly suggest me the place in Mumbai to do so & some contact details if possibe. I will really appreciate the same.
4. The delivery is being stated as 25-30 days. Is it true?
5. I will be using this vehicle for maybe 1000 - 1400 kms per month & my office will be paying for the fuel charges. So should i think of going for a diesel one? I am not planning on changing this car in the next 5 years & I am not going to jump my company for another 2-3 years atleast.
6. I am not in a hurry to get a car. So should i wait for a few more months for any better cars to come in the market?
7. My budget is max. 6 Lakhs.
8. Is the maintaince cost for Ford Figo high?

I am also trying to see if I can get the door guards too in the price. I am looking to go with the White colour for the car.

I request you to kindly suggest me any advice or better ideas for this as I am thinking of going tomorrow to the dealer for negotiation.

The Dealer is SC Ford at Malad, Mumbai.

Thank you for reading this post & if I have put this post in the wrong section, then kindly guide me as to where to put it & I will do the same.

Hope to hear some of your thoughts on this.

Have a pleasant day.:-)

Re: Need Help in discussing the Discount for Ford Figo Titanium Petrol.

I have finally decided on going with the Ford Figo Titanium Petrol with the Alloy wheels, Steering Tilt, etc.
Congrats and welcome to TAI. It's a good choice.

Interiors with Leather Seats, Wood Panelling, etc. - 40K.
Get it done from outside. Try stanley or Ovion leather seats. Personally I don't like wood panelling but if you like it, get it from outside.

Roof Rails - 6000.
Again personal choice. I don't like them on a Figo

Anti Rust Coating - 3500.
Teflon Coating - 3500.
The car comes with a corrosion warranty. Skip these 2 items and save a cool 7K.

Mud Guard, Flaps, 2 yr. Ford + 1 yr. Dealer Warranty - Inclusive in On Road Price.
Mud flaps, matting, number plates etc. are included in the "Basic Accessories" component in the quotation. What does the Dealer Warranty cover?

After negotiating, I got a Final Total Quote for 5.82 Lakhs for all the above mentioned Items. The Dealer also mentioned that he was giving a discount on the Insurance of roughly 18k inclusive in the 5.82 lakhs.
They just tell you the insurance is 18K. Call up HDFC Ergo or Tata AIG etc for a quote. You'll get it much cheaper. In fact the dealer will get it for less than 10K or so. Ask him to give you an 18K discount. He will never agree. Also check if they have added registration charges. You can save this by registering the car yourself.

1. Is this discount on the Insurance given by the Dealer actually being given by him or Ford itself? Because if it being given by Ford, then I can negotiate some more with the Dealer.
Dealers usually have a deal with insurance companies and get the insurance at heavily discounted rates. They tell you it costs 18K when it actually costs them less than 10K. If you get it personally it will come to around 12K. So if he is giving it free, he's not giving you 18K off. You are just saving only 12K.

2. The earlier discounted price of 5.82 Lakhs with all the accessories, is it proper or can i get it reduced some more or get it from elsewhere?
Try at a different dealer too. Tell him what this guy is giving you and they will try to give you a better deal.

3. If I can accessorize it elsewhere, could you kindly suggest me the place in Mumbai to do so & some contact details if possibe. I will really appreciate the same.
There are a lot of shops at Opera House and Milan Subway.

4. The delivery is being stated as 25-30 days. Is it true?
Depends on the colour and variant you want.

5. I will be using this vehicle for maybe 1000 - 1400 kms per month & my office will be paying for the fuel charges. So should i think of going for a diesel one? I am not planning on changing this car in the next 5 years & I am not going to jump my company for another 2-3 years atleast.
I would suggest you go for a diesel.

6. I am not in a hurry to get a car. So should i wait for a few more months for any better cars to come in the market?
Buy the car in the last week of December and register it in January. You will get good year end discounts and your car will be one year younger.

7. My budget is max. 6 Lakhs.
Stick to it even if you feel tempted to stretch it.

8. Is the maintaince cost for Ford Figo high?
I have heard that now Ford is cheaper than Maruti.

I am also trying to see if I can get the door guards too in the price. I am looking to go with the White colour for the car.
They are really cheap. You should be able to get them.

My budget is max. 6 Lakhs.
I want you to check new Honda Jazz. This is definitely much much better than figo petrol in all the departments and it will fit in your budget also. And as your company is going to paying petrol bills and simply don't worry about it. Figo's petrol engine is not refined also Figo will have more maintenance cost and also very bad resale value.

I want you to check new Honda Jazz. This is definitely much much better than figo petrol in all the departments and it will fit in your budget also. And as your company is going to paying petrol bills and simply don't worry about it. Figo's petrol engine is not refined also Figo will have more maintenance cost and also very bad resale value.
rightly said. Jazz is much better. Figo has many reported issues. check FB.

why you are going for a petrol car? try Punto 1.3 active also.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom