Need Good Amplifier

Thread Starter #1
i have 2 pioneer dvc subs in my car running on a 4 channel alpine amp, every thing is working fine now am thinking to change the amp, want to go for jbl mono amp. i need a amp which can run my both 1400 watt subs. am here for your suggestions. tell me the models and their prices...

Fazer

Suspended
Better get a 4 Channel one and bridge it to all the speakers.
Brands are - JBL, Pioneer, Kicker, Focal, etc, etc.
Check out the JBL site on the Net. The details of the Amps are given along with prices.

If you can add 2 Amps on your car.
Then Add a 4 Ch Amp (2-2 for each Subs) and 2 Ch Amp (For Rear Speakers).
Your car will be bombarding!

Thread Starter #5
Better get a 4 Channel one and bridge it to all the speakers.
Brands are - JBL, Pioneer, Kicker, Focal, etc, etc.
Check out the JBL site on the Net. The details of the Amps are given along with prices.

If you can add 2 Amps on your car.
Then Add a 4 Ch Amp (2-2 for each Subs) and 2 Ch Amp (For Rear Speakers).
Your car will be bombarding!
m using 4 channel amp to run my both subs at bridged mode, nw m getting a 2 channel amp for rear speakers, in future one 2 channel amp and front comps.

Fazer

Suspended
You can check the JBL India website.
You will find some good amps (2 ch and 4 ch) at good prices. You can visit an aftermarket shop and get it at a bargained price afterwards.

Good Luck.

Thread Starter #7
You can check the JBL India website.
You will find some good amps (2 ch and 4 ch) at good prices. You can visit an aftermarket shop and get it at a bargained price afterwards.

Good Luck.
thanks fazer i'll check it.

i have 2 pioneer dvc subs in my car running on a 4 channel alpine amp, every thing is working fine now am thinking to change the amp, want to go for jbl mono amp. i need a amp which can run my both 1400 watt subs. am here for your suggestions. tell me the models and their prices...
Buddy, you can run the 2 subs either at 1ohm (parallel) or 4 ohm (series). Since both your subs are 4ohm DVC so you need an amp that can pump out around 800 watts.
For 1 ohm settings the best bet you have is Rockford Fosgate Punch P700-1bd. It pumps out 700 watts and is 1 ohm stable. It retails for around 500$. A near 800watt amp stable at 4ohms would be too costly and even harder to find.

A cheaper option would be to buy two 400 watt amps stable at 2 ohms and wire each of your sub's coils in parallel to create 2 ohm impedance and then connect each sub to it's own amp. In this option you have loads of option to chose your amp from.

freakdude.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
Buddy, you can run the 2 subs either at 1ohm (parallel) or 4 ohm (series). Since both your subs are 4ohm DVC so you need an amp that can pump out around 800 watts.
For 1 ohm settings the best bet you have is Rockford Fosgate Punch P700-1bd. It pumps out 700 watts and is 1 ohm stable. It retails for around 500$. A near 800watt amp stable at 4ohms would be too costly and even harder to find.

A cheaper option would be to buy two 400 watt amps stable at 2 ohms and wire each of your sub's coils in parallel to create 2 ohm impedance and then connect each sub to it's own amp. In this option you have loads of option to chose your amp from.

freakdude.
m running both woofers on in series with a alpine 4ch amp, every thing is working fine so changed my mind not to replace the amp, but adding a 2ch amp for rear speakers.

Top Bottom