Need Front Windshield Scratch Repair

Attached below are the pictures sent by cganesh12. I have resized them to under 1MB which might have resulted in some loss of quality.

IMG_20170114_173015_HDR-2496x1872.jpg

IMG_20170114_145403_HDR-2496x1872.jpg

IMG_20170114_145331-2496x1872.jpg

IMG_20170114_145235-2496x1872.jpg

IMG_20170114_145228-1-2496x1872.jpg

Regards,
Alpha

Last edited:
Thread Starter #21
Attached below are the pictures sent by cganesh12. I have resized them to under 1MB which might have resulted in some loss of quality.

View attachment 218749

View attachment 218750

View attachment 218751

View attachment 218752

View attachment 218753

Regards,
Alpha
Thanks Alpha,

Image 2,4,5 are showing scratches on the wind shield, if you can observe middle part where you can see more concentrated scratches after being cleaned by soap water. and to right side below corner you can see more scratches, at night below right corner used to become blind spot as light coming from upcoming traffic.

Image 3 is of during removal process, initially it felt like just peeling off the film will do the job, but after that, but it left dried portion of film stuck to glass and removing it was hell of the work.

Image 1 is after cleaning and removing the sticky dried film from glass and bingo.....I am again getting crystal clear view from my Windshield.

Regards,
Ganesh

Hey Guys,

I am happy to inform you that the windshield issue I was facing for my beloved car finally resolved [:D] , Thanks to "Windshield experts" and every one who had putted efforts to solve my problem and supported me [clap] ,

Thanks Akash, Alpha, BHVM, Kirishna for your suggestions.

I was really worried to loose my Original glass initially when every where I asked and reported this issue to workman and they ended up telling me that replacement is only option, In fact Windshield expert person also told me the same in first look, when he tried to loose the film with soap water and resulted even worst (You can See it in Pic 1 and Pic 2), But I insisted him on removing the entire film at the cost of INR 500 (Option of experiment was always open for me as I had already made my mind to replace the glass, so I didnt mind loosing 500 extra bucks on experimenting and trying to remove the film by every possible way. one thing I realized that it was heck of the hard work involved during the procedure which everyone was trying to avoid.)

I advice to my every fellow here, Please do not take any immediate decision on replacing such things before your own research, recommendations from experienced and second, third, fourth......openion.
(I will give you my example, if I would have done this replacement immediately only on the basis of safety and without considering other option and recommendations, I might had to pay approx INR 6500 - 7000 for the same and I ended up paying 500 bucks, it just took some research and little convincing with workman which I believe worth saving more than 6000 Bucks....)

( I am Trying to upload the pics since yesterday [frustration] but its not uploading)
Dear Admin Please help me on this.....

Regards,
Ganesh
Ganesh, Just wanted to know if windshield experts in Vashi or Thane are reliable as I am also in need of replacing the windshield screen for my car. I own a Indica Vista car which got hit by flying pebble from heavy vehicles on one of the highway trips and thus developed a crack which has started propagating and growing bigger.

I am getting low quotes from the windshield experts as compared to the original ASS / dealers. However my main worry is the quality of the workmanship as I am not in for any major issues like water leakages, alignment, scratches etc. during fitting of the glass or which may prop up in future. Secondly more importantly Akash 1886 has rightly pointed out that getting the work done in ASS will have a service record which may possibly affect the resale value of the car.
Please help in this regard.

Regards,
Sanjeev

Top Bottom