Need Front Windshield Scratch Repair

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I am looking for a solution to remove scratches from my front windshield. There are small scratches on glass which creates problem during nights.

I reported the issue to some windshield repairing shops around Navi Mumbai but they told me that replacement is only option also gave me the reason that scratches appeared due to worn out sun film which has damaged the glass surface as well.

Can any of you suggest me any solution?[frustration]

I am ok with replacing the windshield glass with new if safety is at stake but I also want to keep the Orignal company fitted glass if possible. coz some of my friend told that if it is not done properly water may leak from the windshield and create unpleasant environment in cabin.

Please help me

Light scratches on windshield can be removed using cerium oxide. Which is a glass polishing compound. If you are planning to get this done, get it from a experienced one because too much pressure can crack windshield.

If replacement is not done properly, water may leak. I have never heard this problem on any car I know. Normally they use a thick resin glue for fixing and sealing the glass to body. They also put on a rubber/butyl seal for emergency.

My opinion :
Get a quote from showroom and after market guys, if difference in amount is less please get it done at showroom only.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hi Guys,

I am looking for a solution to remove scratches from my front windshield. There are small scratches on glass which creates problem during nights.

I reported the issue to some windshield repairing shops around Navi Mumbai but they told me that replacement is only option also gave me the reason that scratches appeared due to worn out sun film which has damaged the glass surface as well.

Can any of you suggest me any solution?

I am ok with replacing the windshield glass with new if safety is at stake but I also want to keep the Orignal company fitted glass if possible. coz some of my friend told that if it is not done properly water may leak from the windshield and create unpleasant environment in cabin.

Please help me
Buddy it would help us if you can post a pic of the front windscreen for us. Also, if you want to replace the windscreen then I suggest you to go for 'Windshield Experts' who do such jobs. In ASC, the cost and availability will be a issue and it would also reflect in your car's history. At time of selling it might lead to lower value of the car if you sell it via authorized dealer. I think 'Windshield Experts' is viable choice and even though I have no experience of their workmanship, I do feel you can take a second opinion from them. Their workmanship will be at par with that of the ASC. Also, once fixed you can get the corners checked for leaks by water jet being sprayed on the new glass.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
In my case, Windsheild Experts had quoted a marginally higher price than Maruti ASS. They even had an option of insurace claim but we got it done via ASS due to price difference (around 500 bucks). There is a Whatsapp number on their website, you can check the price with them.

Regards,
Alpha

Thread Starter #6
Buddy it would help us if you can post a pic of the front windscreen for us. Also, if you want to replace the windscreen then I suggest you to go for 'Windshield Experts' who do such jobs. In ASC, the cost and availability will be a issue and it would also reflect in your car's history. At time of selling it might lead to lower value of the car if you sell it via authorized dealer. I think 'Windshield Experts' is viable choice and even though I have no experience of their workmanship, I do feel you can take a second opinion from them. Their workmanship will be at par with that of the ASC. Also, once fixed you can get the corners checked for leaks by water jet being sprayed on the new glass.

Regards

Akash
Thanks Akash1886,

I will surely post some pics.
As you suggested I checked with "Windshield Expert" at Vashi and they too told me that replacement is only option and it happened because of worn out sun film. They tried to remove it with some soap water but it came out even worst. He asked me to visit back on this saturday, since I was on the way to office.

Will post updates soon.

Thread Starter #8
I have installed Sun protective film from inside of glass. it helps to reduce cabin temperature. Installed it long back when we were staying at my Home town, Temperature rises up to 41-43 degree during summer, this film really helped me and my car AC.

Experts saying due to exposure in excess heat the film got dried on glass surface and if we try to remove, comes out in powder form and leaves Scratch mark on glass.

I think a pic can give better idea which i will post very soon.

Regards,

bhvm

Honoured Member
Ganesh, If the problem is From inside the glass, No amount of polishing can help.
It would be better to get it replaced then.

I think a pic can give better idea which i will post very soon.

Regards,
Will wait to see the pictures. Till then do tell us about the age of this sunfilm and whether it was branded or not. It would help other people in making a calculated decision at least. Here in Delhi, temperatures often soar to 40+ Degrees. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Alpha

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
Hey Guys,

I am happy to inform you that the windshield issue I was facing for my beloved car finally resolved [:D] , Thanks to "Windshield experts" and every one who had putted efforts to solve my problem and supported me [clap] ,

Thanks Akash, Alpha, BHVM, Kirishna for your suggestions.

I was really worried to loose my Original glass initially when every where I asked and reported this issue to workman and they ended up telling me that replacement is only option, In fact Windshield expert person also told me the same in first look, when he tried to loose the film with soap water and resulted even worst (You can See it in Pic 1 and Pic 2), But I insisted him on removing the entire film at the cost of INR 500 (Option of experiment was always open for me as I had already made my mind to replace the glass, so I didnt mind loosing 500 extra bucks on experimenting and trying to remove the film by every possible way. one thing I realized that it was heck of the hard work involved during the procedure which everyone was trying to avoid.)

I advice to my every fellow here, Please do not take any immediate decision on replacing such things before your own research, recommendations from experienced and second, third, fourth......openion.
(I will give you my example, if I would have done this replacement immediately only on the basis of safety and without considering other option and recommendations, I might had to pay approx INR 6500 - 7000 for the same and I ended up paying 500 bucks, it just took some research and little convincing with workman which I believe worth saving more than 6000 Bucks....)

( I am Trying to upload the pics since yesterday [frustration] but its not uploading)
Dear Admin Please help me on this.....

Regards,
Ganesh

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hey Guys,

I am happy to inform you that the windshield issue I was facing for my beloved car finally resolved
( I am Trying to upload the pics since yesterday but its not uploading)
Dear Admin Please help me on this.....
Dear Ganesh, good to know the issue is resolved. For uploading pics, you first resize them to less than 1MB in size. Then you can click on "Paper-clip Icon" in the post and use the forum's attachment system to upload the pics.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #13
Dear Ganesh, good to know the issue is resolved. For uploading pics, you first resize them to less than 1MB in size. Then you can click on "Paper-clip Icon" in the post and use the forum's attachment system to upload the pics.

Regards

Akash
Thanks Akash,

I am following the same, in fact I want to upload 4 Images and I resized all of them under 1 MB together still having trouble.

Ganesh

Top Bottom