Need Car For 80:20 (Highway / City) Daily Driving For Rs.13 Lakh

kkn13

Suspended
But vehicles with higher Centre of Gravity will never be as safe as low CG vehicles during emergency manuevers, theres no doubt that Scorpio,Fortuner etc will be much much easier to overturn than a sedan or a monocoque crossover like XUV,CRV etc
We have owned all the vehicles I mentioned , a monocoque is a monocoque and has considerably lesser body roll

Like NCAP for safety, theres Moose Test for emergency manuevers-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoHbn8-ROiQ

A V40 will be 100% much safer than a Fortuner or any other such vehicle during emergency manuevers and our highways arent exactly AutoBahns wherein you can endlessly speed without worry of obstacles

Last edited:
Thread Starter #34
[clap] didn't knew how to change the topic after those detailed discussions.

Though that itching is not stopping, hope.that oil will cool my head and help me focus on the big task ;)

Will surely soon update here abt it :)

Thread Starter #35
Hi Everyone,

Update from my end, finally booked Nexon XZ+ Dual Tone (White) on 11th-Feb from.venkatramana motors, hyderabad. Waiting for delivery soon may be early first week of march. Office process is long as i'm purchasing it through office lease policy.

Fingers crossed ..will update with more details soon. One question, when to go for PDI ...on the day of delivery or one/two day before delivery ?

Thanks again to all for all your help and support !

Cheers

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Fingers crossed ..will update with more details soon. One question, when to go for PDI ...on the day of delivery or one/two day before delivery ?
Hi Rahul, congrats on booking the new car buddy. For PDI, as soon as your car arrives in the stockyard, do go and check it out and to be double sure check the car 1 day before taking delivery too at the dealer. Also, take the VIN number from the SA once the car is allocated to you.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #37
Hi Rahul, congrats on booking the new car buddy. For PDI, as soon as your car arrives in the stockyard, do go and check it out and to be double sure check the car 1 day before taking delivery too at the dealer. Also, take the VIN number from the SA once the car is allocated to you.

Regards

Akash
Great, will do ... Thanks Akash for your wishes and all the information you have poured in to make me take the decision :)

Cheers !

Thread Starter #38
Hi Everyone,

Feeling jitters now as the date of delivery is coming near....i might get the bashing (as i'm getting at home from my wife as well) but getting the feeling 'm i going for the perfect thing for myself... 3 things which are distracting me :
1. For more than 100+ kms on daily basis, should i think of mileage more and better seating comfort. If that's the case than S-Cross (zeta) is there which caters my every need
2. Should I wait for AMT which is almost around the corner now. For very long term ownership, wouldn't AMT be a better deal to go for...Also, after hearing from too many people about the long throws of MT as well as rubbery feeling of clutch, i'm inclining towards AMT but also scared, about the quality & reliability of the first batch of AMT
3. Dealer has already got the car which i've booked (XZ+ (D) White Dual Tone) but it manufacturing date is 1-Jan-2018 (I know, even i got shocked [surprise]) .. how come on booking it on Feb, when every dealer was saying White DT model is not present, how come i got such an old made car (almost 3 months when i'll take delivery) ... and should i really for for it ???

Friends, please help :|

@ irahul

Wait for the AMT, if you can afford to wait and if you are NOT a hardcore MT guy. When a reputed manufacturer launches AMT, you can be rest assured of the Quality & Reliability issues. Moreover, the AMT will save you all the headaches of constantly reaching for the Clutch (in traffic). If you're comfortable about the Price, go for AMT. Good Luck.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hi Everyone,

Feeling jitters now as the date of delivery is coming near....i might get the bashing (as i'm getting at home from my wife as well) but getting the feeling 'm i going for the perfect thing for myself... 3 things which are distracting me :
1. For more than 100+ kms on daily basis, should i think of mileage more and better seating comfort. If that's the case than S-Cross (zeta) is there which caters my every need
2. Should I wait for AMT which is almost around the corner now. For very long term ownership, wouldn't AMT be a better deal to go for...Also, after hearing from too many people about the long throws of MT as well as rubbery feeling of clutch, i'm inclining towards AMT but also scared, about the quality & reliability of the first batch of AMT
3. Dealer has already got the car which i've booked (XZ+ (D) White Dual Tone) but it manufacturing date is 1-Jan-2018 (I know, even i got shocked [surprise]) .. how come on booking it on Feb, when every dealer was saying White DT model is not present, how come i got such an old made car (almost 3 months when i'll take delivery) ... and should i really for for it ???

Friends, please help :|
Hi Rahul, In your case, I would say go for the seating comfort over the magical km/L figure. At the end of the day it is you who'll be driving the car and more than FE your comfort holds importance. Example: In your office cabin / cubical will you be able to work for 8-9 hours daily sitting on a chair which doesn't have proper seating or support? Same ways even if you manage a 23 or 25 Km/L in your car then that will be at the cost of your comfort bro. As far as waiting for AMT is concerned, I would like to say, when launched the waiting period for it will be increased due to earlier bookings and as far as the reliability is concerned, the AMT unit is working in Tiago & Tigor too and the Nano as well so till now there aren't reports of AMT failures in either of them hence you may opt for it if you are OK with the increased waiting period and the price. Lastly, if your family isn't convinced of your decision then I guess you should try to convince them or else go for the brand which they feel comfortable too. Nexon is a competent product and will not disappoint you but when you have to keep the family as well on the same page, then do give importance to their views. No point in going against their wishes as your car will be used by them too. I had a very tough time in this regards when I went for Tigor over the Maruti. Apart from that, as far as date of manufacture is concerned, I think there shouldn't be an issue with a January-2018 model as a 2-2.5 month old car is acceptable in my view. My Tigor is June-2017 made as I remember and I bought it in August-2017. You always have the option of doing a PDI before car's delivery and you can decode the VIN number for added peace of mind.

All I'll say is be content with your decision and so far with the experience of the Nexon owners in our forum and even outside, there are largely satisfied and positive feedback w.r.t the product and the TML brand.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #41
Hi Rahul, In your case, I would say go for the seating comfort over the magical km/L figure. At the end of the day it is you who'll be driving the car and more than FE your comfort holds importance. Example: In your office cabin / cubical will you be able to work for 8-9 hours daily sitting on a chair which doesn't have proper seating or support? Same ways even if you manage a 23 or 25 Km/L in your car then that will be at the cost of your comfort bro. As far as waiting for AMT is concerned, I would like to say, when launched the waiting period for it will be increased due to earlier bookings and as far as the reliability is concerned, the AMT unit is working in Tiago & Tigor too and the Nano as well so till now there aren't reports of AMT failures in either of them hence you may opt for it if you are OK with the increased waiting period and the price. Lastly, if your family isn't convinced of your decision then I guess you should try to convince them or else go for the brand which they feel comfortable too. Nexon is a competent product and will not disappoint you but when you have to keep the family as well on the same page, then do give importance to their views. No point in going against their wishes as your car will be used by them too. I had a very tough time in this regards when I went for Tigor over the Maruti. Apart from that, as far as date of manufacture is concerned, I think there shouldn't be an issue with a January-2018 model as a 2-2.5 month old car is acceptable in my view. My Tigor is June-2017 made as I remember and I bought it in August-2017. You always have the option of doing a PDI before car's delivery and you can decode the VIN number for added peace of mind.

All I'll say is be content with your decision and so far with the experience of the Nexon owners in our forum and even outside, there are largely satisfied and positive feedback w.r.t the product and the TML brand.
Thanks @Akash Bro for comforting words. Did you just said/meant that Nexon seating comfort (hope it meant : seats) are better than S-Cross seats ?
I might kept aside those magical FE but didn't want to get tired or irritated either due to seating comfort, riding comfort as well as due to long clutch/gear exercise

@vijay_968: thanks for your suggestion as well.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Thanks @Akash Bro for comforting words. Did you just said/meant that Nexon seating comfort (hope it meant : seats) are better than S-Cross seats ?
I might kept aside those magical FE but didn't want to get tired or irritated either due to seating comfort, riding comfort as well as due to long clutch/gear exercise
I meant, Individually Nexon does have a comfortable seating. I have experienced it personally too bro. S-Cross isn't a bad product infact it is one of the good products which doesn't have the typical Maruti cost cuttings but if we compare Nexon Vs S-Cross, then there are many aspects like Engine, Price, Features and the forthcoming AMT which makes a better VFM deal.

Reference: Seats feel comfortable for a medium built person.

20170919_125422.jpg

20170919_125405.jpg

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #43
Took the final step and going ahead with car delivery and office process. Will be going for manual transmission as i've not driven much but? As excited to use 6th gear hence giving AMT a miss..
Thanks Everyone and specially @Akash ...you all heled me take the step.
Will might go with navratri delivery as the car has already reached dealer. Will go for PDI soon

Thanks again everyone :)

Congrats IRahul, I have driven the nexon, and it is a superb car to drive, the sixth gear is fun (as you said) the issue i faced was slotting the reverse gear which you need to push the gear lever and slot the reverse gear.

Thread Starter #45
@All, just read in t-bhp about tata might be adding cruise-control in XZ+ variant and launch it with AMT in both Manual as well as AMT. Anyone has any leak on this. Sounds enticing and i can definitely cancel my current booking to go for this one if it's coming [;)]

Top Bottom