Need Advice - Re-Registration Process with RTO KR Puram

Hi All. I have been watching this thread and its really informative. I need your suggestion on whether to sell my car before coming to Bangalore or re register it in Bangalore. I will be moving to Bangalore from Hyderabad and it will be permanent. I own a 2013 Wagon R VXI model which has a good resale value. Since my vehicle is less than 2 years now, I would be charged 13% tax of 93% value of my car. My invoice value of the car was 480,000 INR approximate. Here is my tax calculation. Please correct me if i am wrong:
Tax is 13% since my car value is less than 5 lakhs.

13% of 480,000 is 62,400
Depreciating by 93% since car is less than 2yrs old = 58,032
11% cess on 58,032 = 6,384
Total Tax = 64,416

Please suggest should i pay this huge LTT and get is re registered in BLR or sell my car for approx 380,000 to 400,000 INR and get a new one say Celerio or stingray?

P.S: My office will bear LTT payment for one vehicle upto 50,000 RS. I will be bringing my TVS jupiter too as I need it for my daily commute.

i would suggest to sell the car and buy a new one in blore. this would be apt and practical. rest its one's attachment with the car mind has no say in it, its all heart. so it really depends are you more brains less heart person or more heart less brain person.

The cost of a new Wagon VXi on road will be 4,80,000 in Bangalore. Celerio 5.1 without any accessories. You said your company will pay 50,000. That is a good news. If you are moving permanently,sell the car there and buy new here.But you have to forgo 1 Lac.Is there a chance of tax reimbursement ? If possible don't sell the car.[lol].Did I confuse you? Welcome to Bangalore!!!

The cost of a new Wagon VXi on road will be 4,80,000 in Bangalore. Celerio 5.1 without any accessories. You said your company will pay 50,000. That is a good news. If you are moving permanently,sell the car there and buy new here.But you have to forgo 1 Lac.Is there a chance of tax reimbursement ? If possible don't sell the car.[lol].Did I confuse you? Welcome to Bangalore!!!
Hi. I just found out that my company reimburses entire LTT that I will pay in Bangalore RTO [:D] So I am covered and no need to shell any money out of my pocket [glasses]

Today I executed the process of applying for a new registration mark for my outstation vehicle. Earlier I had referred this thread; that helped me a lot in preparation. However, I experienced slight change in few logistics.
Steps:
1. Go to second floor (Room #3), right most / first counter – the gentleman there will go through your papers and then on the application you've written, put his signature and the amount of fee to be paid (Re-registration INR200/- and SmartCard INR200/-) - all in red-ink.
2. Ground floor, the hall with cash-counters, second counter (from left…), they’ll take 337(200-Reassignment and 137 – SC).
3. Ground floor, room no. 1 (outside the cash-counters’ hall), pay 63/- to get the bio-metric sticker (or something big-sounding thing like that, of the size of a postal stamp) affixed on receipt you got in the last step.
4. Now tag the receipts in the file-cover
5. Go to Second floor (Room #3) – same, right most / first counter – the gentleman there will go through your receipt and ask you to go to Third floor (Room #3), right most / first counter – the gentleman there will go through your papers and sign
6. Come down stair to Second floor (Room #1) - the gentleman at computer desk, will check your data in the GLC tool and write the GLC number on the receipt
7. Finally, you are ready with your documentation. Now on same second floor (Room #3) – right most / first counter – the gentleman verified papers (fee receipt, documents and signatures), and asked me to give it to lady in the right most (the first one) counter.
5. Voilla! The last counter. Here too the papers were verified, and I was told to submit both the receipts from Step-2, original as well as the carbon-copy. She took the file from me and issued me the acknowledgement– just like the last time – and told me that my new RC will follow me to my home in next 30 days.

Hello Guys, thanks you for the crucial information am gathering all possible documents and then will proceed to get re-registration done.

In the process have a query in Form KMV 27 there is column which asks for Registration mark, can someone let me know what has to be filled in here.

Hello Guys, thanks you for the crucial information am gathering all possible documents and then will proceed to get re-registration done. In the process have a query in Form KMV 27 there is column which asks for Registration mark, can someone let me know what has to be filled in here.
'Registration mark' means registration number of the vehicle. I think you also need to print the chassis number in the form with a pencil. The detailed steps for re-registering in Bangalore is given in some of the earlier posts in this thread, please refer.

Today the High court has passed a ruling that in karnataka no more taxes will be collected from other state vehicles beyong thirty days.

previously there was a rule in karnataka that any other state vehicle can remain in karnataka for a period of 30 days after that they had to pay taxes to the karnataka government.

today that rule has been abolished.

good news for all the other state car owners.

Thread Starter #132
As I am back in Bangalore since 2 years with MH number again (3rd one [:D]), need to obtain NOC from Pune RTO (PCMC) as I may sell the car soon. Any leads to reliable RTO Services in Pimpri-Chindwad RTO would help. Thanks.

Top Bottom