Need Advice - Re-Registration Process with RTO KR Puram

Thread Starter #91
Yup, I too understand that. The only reason I want that HSNP is, I like that font style.
Sorry guys, missed to update the thread. Got the new plates installed last week and it was the infamous F-HSRP as rightly quoted by Yogesh [lol] Though it's fake or clone, I went with it for the same reason I mentioned earlier (quoted above). It's done very well and costed 800. Before I went to this shop, I checked with another one and he quoted 1100 for the same. When I said it's too much for such fake ones, he said, it has to go to RTO and all so will take 2 - 3 Hrs. I laughed and asked, "RTO?, for what?". He understood and tried to escape pretending he is quite busy. I gave him a lousy look and moved out to another shop.

I knew the second shop guy as he was referred by a cousin of mine. He quoted 750 for White IND plates and 850 for the one with Blue on the side. I went with the latter as it looked better than the other. Due to reference, he agreed for 800 nothing less though I tried.

While negotiating, I mentioned that the actual HSRP is costing only 250-350 in states where implemented. He laughed and said, not at all possible, it would be surely 3000+ and tried to give some crap about these plates. I then started explaining him What is HSRP, What all conditions applies, Who is authorized to do and how and which all states it's implemented etc. He got surprised with the facts and said, "Sir, will do it for 800!".

BTW, these shops call it "IND" plates and get it done from somewhere. Not everyone does it I guess. So, if you find the guy who is doing, you may get it for 500 or less for sure.

Insurance - Maruti guys take some 50-70 or so Rs. and then they will give you a paper stating that insurance is now changed to KA53...
Yogesh - I sent an email to ICICI Lombard and got a response in couple of days. They took about a week's time and when I enquired, got a response that they had to verify the new number with the RTO. I was once told that this will apply charges and later confirmed negative. I got the amendment note yesterday over email with confirmation that the original is will reach the address in 10 days.

BTW, anything to do with Ford to keep the warranty intact? IMO, they track the warranty with Engine/Chassis NO and not Registration NO.

Reporting this from New Delhi - all-negatives on chances my tax refund (in my case).

Managed to go to RTO office - the place where my car was registered earlier - at afternoon, 3:30pm - office was empty from crowd as well as from staffers, but whoever I got hold to was available (eager...?) to talk. After being ping-ponged to a number of rooms/officers I finally waited for the final one for half-an-hour. While waiting I spotted another officer and presented my case to him. He said that he knows about it as he had worked on that "seat", and:

1. It cannot be done now as I should have asked for refund _before_ I got the KA number (just summarizing it. he repeated it many times - always slightly differently, so I do doubt it. sometimes he said even _before_ getting NOC, then _after_ NOC and so on).

2. If I get it, it would be for 2-3 years and not for 9-10 years, because:

2A. As per him - in Delhi they take money for 10 years and then provide additional 5 years free. (huh!!??), so all the calculation will be done on base-10.

2B. Refund will be calculated from the day of receiving my request (and not the day of NOC / KA registration / Moving to KA etc.).

3. therefore it is not worthwhile - as the refund amount for my 2007 model car won't be too much. As per him - the total cost of my worn up shoes plus headache-pills will be more that the amount I would eventually be getting.

However, since I was kind of keen to know the procedure, he told me to write to Head-Office (and NOT this RTO), to Accounts Officer with an application on plain paper, accompanied by documents (listed below) and I may see a cheque in around TWO YEARS.

1. Old RC Photocopy (initially he said original, but then told that even photocopy will work)

2. New KA RC photocopy

3. PUC

4. Insurance

5. Tax-receipt (photocopy) at KA

6. Tax-receipt at DL (Oops. I lost it. so looks like my RC (SC) too would be OK)

6. Address proof

6. And everything else. I don't know. he stared with just send the application and then whatever I mentioned, he said "daal do" (i.e. just enclose that too with application) for things like NOC copy and all that is listed above.

(I'm still confused - was it a case of a congenial, but incompetent person or did he really know the things!!).

Well. although I am now counting it as my zero-money, but I think I won't be giving up on this - planning to just send this all by registered post, cross my figures. followed by an RTI application after, say, 2-4 months to know the status. Even if I know that it is all-negative, I do have a right to know why (methinks).

There was one thing which I really felt bad about - he told me that I should not have gone for KA registration etc. and he boasted how he saved and saves his kinds-n-kins from cops/RTO's across the states all over my country. A very absurd advice - that I should have contacted some local leader/eminent personality there, and then whenever caught, claim to be his/her (leader's) relatives etc. Boy, are all these rules meant just for us - the ones who are ready to go by the book?

PS - I was told "Baboo Jee. ab ke agar wapis aao, to car wahan hee bech ke aana aur yahan nayee khareed lena. refund ke chakkar me mat fir se fasna" [frustration]

PS-II: In Haryana, Faridabad the cost of HSRP is INR 300/- - you apply for it, and then you'll get an SMS for the date/time to have it fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #95
1. It cannot be done now as I should have asked for refund _before_ I got the KA number (just summarizing it...he repeated it many times - always slightly differently, so I do doubt it...sometimes he said even _before_ getting NOC, then _after_ NOC and so on...).

2B. Refund will be calculated from the day of receiving my request (and not the day of NOC / KA registration / Moving to KA etc.).
I don't believe the 1st point to be true as it's logically not possible. To what I have gathered, Refund can be applied only after the Receiving RTO issues the new number as that's when the relationship with the outgoing RTO ceases. Till then we have the older number right? At least, I wish this logic to be true [cry]

If the point 2B is true, that's atrocious. Or clearly stealing money from public. If that would be the case, no point in fighting for refund as it's going to be not even a peanut against the hardship one had to face. However, it maybe a little worth if the refund is applied from KA RTO as the road tax is exorbitant here and will give you a little more peanuts than others.

Well...although I am now counting it as my zero-money, but I think I won't be giving up on this - planning to just send this all by registered post, cross my figures...followed by an RTI application after, say, 2-4 months to know the status. Even if I know that it is all-negative, I do have a right to know why (..methinks...).
That's the spirit. Let's do it dude!

There was one thing which I really felt bad about - he told me that I should not have gone for KA registration etc. and he boasted how he saved and saves his kinds-n-kins from cops/RTO's across the states all over my country. A very absurd advice - that I should have contacted some local leader/eminent personality there, and then whenever caught, claim to be his/her (leader's) relatives etc....Boy, are all these rules meant just for us - the ones who are ready to go by the book?
Rotten apple spoils the others too. These guys to be stoned to death.

PS-II: In Haryana, Faridabad the cost of HSRP is INR 300/- - you apply for it, and then you'll get an SMS for the date/time to have it fixed.
Unfortunately, can't expect such things here. Such efficiency is not even a distant dream.

For KA RTO it wont be peanuts but cashew nuts for sure.

Consider this - if a car is more than 7 years but less than 8 years you get 54% of tax refund. In case you paid 1 lac tax when you bought the car ... rest you can calculate.

Govt HSRP rates are anywhere between Rs 200-400 wherever it is implemented.

Road tax refund next big battle. I too am planning to get the refund from Faridabad RTO. and before i could do it want to check out here that is there any particular form for the refund or would a refund letter on plain paper would do attached with all documents. I was just surfing for all possible answer, saw once encouraging post where a guy got a refund from Bangalore RTO in a month !!!!. Some had waited for 4-6 months and with no reply they filled RTI and got the reason for delay and the refund amount.

Hmm. looks like that I made a complete fool of myself. there are chances of shifting back to Delhi (Faridabad, actually). Really looking up for that, but that means that I would need to go to RTO KR Puram to get NOC. then again at FBD to pay tax, get HR number and finally (God help me) hope for getting money back from RTO KR Puram!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #101
Hmm....looks like that I made a complete fool of myself....there are chances of shifting back to Delhi (Faridabad, actually). Really looking up for that, but that means that I would need to go to RTO KR Puram to get NOC...then again at FBD to pay tax, get HR number...and finally (God help me) hope for getting money back from RTO KR Puram!
Oops... Just bad luck buddy. But don't just give up the spirit for it. We are born this way [lol][:D]

So, you think we (TAI-BLR) can allow you to go out without a meet? Let's come together!

Option for peace of mind.

Sell and buy a new one. Even though i would be dead against it.

Anyhow, advance wishes for your journey.
Thanks mate :). No, I won't sell it. My my first car - can't really give'er up so easily! Planning to drive'er for a couple of years more before installing CNG.

Oops... Just bad luck buddy. But don't just give up the spirit for it. We are born this way [lol][:D]

So, you think we (TAI-BLR) can allow you to go out without a meet? Let's come together!
Sure...I'll PM you my number. I'm here for next one month and would be happy to meet you and other TAI friends :).

Thanks mate :). No, I won't sell it. My my first car - can't really give'er up so easily! Planning to drive'er for a couple of years more before installing CNG.

Sure...I'll PM you my number. I'm here for next one month and would be happy to meet you and other TAI friends :).
Hey its sad that you would be moving to faridabad. So to say another months of battle to come and a new thread on how to get re-registered in FDB, this time you will see the real HSNP on your car.
Best of Luck and you could do it there too, but this time the haryanwi way. Once again saluting you for you help in making this thread a success.

Hi Thanks for the lovely post, i just have one question:

"From your old RTO, Form 28 with chassis number imprinted on that"

Does this mean that i can obtain NOC from my old RTo and take chassis print on tha?
Or is this something given by the RTO itself with printed chassis no.

Top Bottom