Need Advice on Speakers and Amplifier

I would advice you to get the installation done in stages.

First you buy a decent amp. let it be costly to make sure you won't be changing it in near future. Masconi AS100.4 is an example, it has true 100 watt per channel at 4ohm and 320 watt in bridge mode at 4ohm and 480watt in bridge mode at 2 ohm(mind it its the only amp which can be bridged at 2ohm).

Buy a decent pair of compos along with subs and use it for decent amount of period. If you still feel the need of rear fills then you can get a mono for the subs and rear channel of amp to power the rear fills. Who knows if you would get satisfied with this setup, then you can surely save plenty of money.

Specify your budget. It would help us to help you choose right stuff.

Imp: Don't ever use your speakers without MDF rings.
Thanks Vivek. How much will Mosconi AS100.4 costs? I don't think i will get it from Car accessories dealers in Trivandrum or even in Kerala.

I am not tight on budget but i don't want to spend unnecessarily. Looking for VFM products but i am flexible and can increase the budget if the products are worth it.

My current list includes the following:-

Head Unit - Pioneer AVH-X5590BT - 25k

Product info - AVH-X5590BT |

Front Speakers - Polk Audio DB6501 Component Speaker System - 8k

Product info - db6501 - Car | Polk Audio®

Rear Speakers - Rockford Fosgate Prime R16-S Component Speaker - 6k

Product info - PRIME Speakers - R16-S - Rockford Fosgate®

Amplifier - Rockford Fosgate 250.4 4 channel amplifier - 8.5k

Product info - PRIME Amplifiers - R250-4 - Rockford Fosgate®

Subwoofer - Focal P-30 12in with custom enclosure - 10k

Product info - Focal Sub P 30 DB, car audio hifi subwoofers to customize your car sound system.

Scoche Amplifier Wiring Kit - 1.5k

Total costs - 59K without installation.

Budget can be upto 75k for the whole setup and installation but not more than that.

That Masconi alone would shoot him with a 35-40K man!!! Not doubting it's capabilities but I find Masconi's over-hyped. Rest all depends on ones choice.

freakdude.
God 40k alone for amp. I won't be able to afford that much. Won't Rockford Fosgate R250-4 250 do good for my needs?

Regards,
Sankar

Last edited:
Won't Rockford Fosgate R250-4 250 do good for my needs?

Regards,
Sankar
I already told you buddy, it's an awesome SQ amp for it's price.
Though I don't see the need for components in rear unless you are always travelling with 4 occupants and all 4 cherish music a lot. You can opt for decent co-axes for rear.

freakdude.

Last edited:
I already told you buddy, it's an awesome SQ amp for it's price.
Though I don't see the need for components in rear unless you are always travelling with 4 occupants and all 4 cherish music a lot. You can opt for decent co-axes for rear.

freakdude.
Thanks freakdude[:)]

I already have Scosche E2 E400S amplifier wiring kit. But i can't find anything in the manual which say it can be used for a 4 channel amplifier. I have heard that amplifier wiring kit differs for a 2 channel amplifier to that of a 4 channel amplifier. Can i use Scosche E2 E400S amplifier wiring kit for a 4 channel amplifier?

Regards,
Sankar

Last edited:
Thanks freakdude[:)]

I already have Scosche E2 E400S amplifier wiring kit. But i can't find anything in the manual which say it can be used for a 4 channel amplifier. I have heard that amplifier wiring kit differs for a 2 channel amplifier to that of a 4 channel amplifier. Can i use Scosche E2 E400S amplifier wiring kit for a 4 channel amplifier?

Regards,
Sankar
Yes, that would do the job. 4AWG is sufficient for your amp. Make sure you add a fuse in the amp power line as close as possible to the battery.

freakdude.

Yes, that would do the job. 4AWG is sufficient for your amp. Make sure you add a fuse in the amp power line as close as possible to the battery.

freakdude.
Thanks a lot freakdude.

As per the circuit diagram and info in the wiring kit's box the fuse is already provided with the wiring kit.

I have shortlisted some components for my front speaker setup. Can you please let me know which one is better.

1) Polk Audio DB6501 - cost - 8k

Prouct info - db6501 - Car | Polk Audio®

2) Focal Polyglass 165 VB - cost - 10k

Prouct info - Focal Polyglass 165 VB 6-3/4" component speaker system at Crutchfield.com

3) Rainbow Audio SLX 265 Deluxe - cost - 14k

Prouct info - Rainbow Audio USA

Regards,
Sankar

Last edited:
Thanks a lot freakdude.

As per the circuit diagram and info in the wiring kit's box the fuse is already provided with the wiring kit.

I have shortlisted some components for my front speaker setup. Can you please let me know which one is better.

1) Polk Audio DB6501 - cost - 8k

Prouct info - db6501 - Car | Polk Audio®

2) Focal Polyglass 165 VB - cost - 10k

Prouct info - Focal Polyglass 165 VB 6-3/4" component speaker system at Crutchfield.com

3) Rainbow Audio SLX 265 Deluxe - cost - 14k

Prouct info - Rainbow Audio USA

Regards,
Sankar
My pick of the three would be Focals for their true warm and laid back signature. SLX series is good too but I find them pricey maybe because we get Focals in 10K. [;)]

freakdude.

My pick of the three would be Focals for their true warm and laid back signature. SLX series is good too but I find them pricey maybe because we get Focals in 10K. [;)]

freakdude.
What's your take on Polk audio DB 6501. Have heard quite a lot of good review about them. Focal components have good bass but i have heard that they don't provide good mid range to that of Rainbow audio's components.

Regards,
Sankar

Polks are a bit on the brighter side, personally don't like those. Focals have superb mid-range bro no second thoughts about that. That said Rainbows too have equally good (maybe just 1% better) mids than Focals but the true natural sound of Focals is just great. Have an audition of both and then let your ears decide.

freakdude.

Polks are a bit on the brighter side, personally don't like those. Focals have superb mid-range bro no second thoughts about that. That said Rainbows too have equally good (maybe just 1% better) mids than Focals but the true natural sound of Focals is just great. Have an audition of both and then let your ears decide.

freakdude.
The sad part is that one can't do auditions here in Trivandrum. Most shops promote JBL,Infinity and Pioneer products. Only some shops provide Polk/Focal products that too at exorbitant prices. That why i have to purchase each and every product online.

So the current setup goes like this :-

Front Speaker - Focal Focal Polyglass 165 VB
Rear Speaker - Rockford Fosgate Prime R16-S
Amplifier - Rockford Fosgate 250.4 4 channel amplifier
Subwoofer - Focal P-30 12in with custom enclosure
Scoche Amplifier Wiring Kit

Let me find out were i can get Focal Focal Polyglass 165 VB with manufacturer warranty. Options are very limited in Kerala.[sad]

Regards,
Sankar

@sankar Make sure you original stuff. A lot of fake stuff available in the market. I am from malappuram. No idea about TVM. I can help help you with getting it from kzd, Bangalore or even madras. I will pm my no

@sankar Make sure you original stuff. A lot of fake stuff available in the market. I am from malappuram. No idea about TVM. I can help help you with getting it from kzd, Bangalore or even madras. I will pm my no
Thanks gego. Here in Tvm select shops have these products but the prices are almost double. They say the usual stuff like expensive to import, high taxes high dealer price and all. Even the head unit Pioneer AVH-5590BT was quoted at 28k but it retails at 24k in Bangalore. [frustration]

Regards,
Sankar

Hi guys,

Just confirmed with my contact who owns a reputed shop in Delhi. I need a RCA cable and additional speaker wire to go along with scoche wiring kit I had bought to connect it my ice setup.

Rockford fosgate RCA Cable - 1000rs
Rockford fosgate Speaker cable 9m - 800rs
Shipping charge - 400rs

Is this reasonable? Freakdude, gego please help me on this

Regards,
Sankar

Last edited:
I suggest you don't buy or order anything. First buy the main products. Wires keep 2k aside, also keep 4k aside for dampening. Use dynamat. It's the best. If you ready to drive to madras, I can arrange everything there. Let me know.

Hi guys,

Just confirmed with my contact who owns a reputed shop in Delhi. I need a RCA cable and additional speaker wire to go along with scoche wiring kit I had bought to connect it my ice setup.

Rockford fosgate RCA Cable - 1000rs
Rockford fosgate Speaker cable 9m - 800rs
Shipping charge - 400rs

Is this reasonable? Freakdude, gego please help me on this

Regards,
Sankar
I suggest you don't buy or order anything. First buy the main products. Wires keep 2k aside, also keep 4k aside for dampening. Use dynamat. It's the best. If you ready to drive to madras, I can arrange everything there. Let me know.
Product prices are OK but shipping is way to high. If you are OK to as gego suggested then good else see in someone can source them for you and courier them to you.

freakdude.

Thanks a lot freakdude and gego you guys are really helpful[:)].

@gego a friend of mine is already bringing the Rockford fosgate amp, Rockford fosgate r16 component speakers and scoche wiring kit from Bangalore. So I need the wires I have mentioned, focal polyglass VB 165 components and focal p-30 12in sub with enclosure. Also I need dynamat damping sheet for all 4 doors. Can you please check out the prices and let me know? Ping me your number and I shall call you if you are OK with it.

Regards,
Sankar

Top Bottom