Need Advice on Speakers and Amplifier

@ freakdude if i power my rear and front speakers with the JBL amp and want to go for a sub as well will i have to get a mono amp to power the sub?
If you have budget for a mono, nothing can beat that to power a sub. I suggested 2-ch amp as a budget solution in place of a mono. [;)]

Heard Hertz DCX100 is a great product.[:)]

But what to do if there is only provision for 4" speakers in front?[confused]
Spacers can be used to install upto 6.5" drivers in the 4" slots but this totally depends on the space in the door pad. That's why I had asked which car is this setup going in.

Hi Guys,

I am planning to install some good quality ICE system in my up coming car Maruti Suzuki Dzire. My plan is as follows:-

Head Unit - Pioneer AVH-X5590BT
Front Speakers - Polk Audio DB6501 Component Speaker System
Rear Speakers - Rockford Fosgate Prime R16-S Component Speaker System
Amplifier - Rockford Fosgate 250.4 4 channel amplifier
Subwoofer - Focal P-30 12in with custom enclosure
Scoche Amplifier Wiring Kit

I plan to connect the front components and Subwoofer to the amplifier and the rear components directly to the HU. Will this setup work? Will i get good audio quality?

Regards,
Sankar
AWESOME choice of equipment buddy!! Just one thing, 250.4 is an amazing SQ amp, so expect your bass to be felt and that too crisp and tight and warm but it won't go very loud.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #17
@ freakdudue i have a santro xing gls
and which 4 inch front speakers should i go for as u said earlier that sony xplod isnt that good

Last edited:
@Gego

Pioneer Pioneer AVH-X5590BT costs 25k. But a comparable alphine unit with 7in screen would cost anywhere between 35k-40k... A bit tight on budget.

Any issues with Polk or Rockford products you know off? Please can you explain as i would like to decide on my components by next week.

@freakdude

Thanks mate. I need your help on this. Dzire has provision for 6in speakers only. Most of the good components are 6.5in. Can you please let me know if it's possible to fit a 6.5in component speakers in Maruti Dzire. Will i have to do any major modification like drilling holes or cutting metal parts in door.

Regards,
Sankar

Last edited:
@ freakdudue i have a santro xing gls
and which 4 inch front speakers should i go for as u said earlier that sony xplod isnt that good
With spacers and a lil mod to the door pads you can install 6.5" drivers. If you don't wish to mod/cut the doorpads then you can look at 5.25" components too. If ou wish to go with 4" drivers only then Id suggest you RF R142, should be around 2K.

@Gego

Pioneer Pioneer AVH-X5590BT costs 25k. But a comparable alphine unit with 7in screen would cost anywhere between 35k-40k... A bit tight on budget.

Any issues with Polk or Rockford products you know off? Please can you explain as i would like to decide on my components by next week.

@freakdude

Thanks mate. I need your help on this. Dzire has provision for 6in speakers only. Most of the good components are 6.5in. Can you please let me know if it's possible to fit a 6.5in component speakers in Maruti Dzire. Will i have to do any major modification like drilling holes or cutting metal parts in door.

Regards,
Sankar
Happy to help buddy.

There is absolutely no issues in installing 6.5" drivers in 6" slots. Your installer would be using a thin MDF spacer and mount the 6.5" on that. I have had such installs in my cousin's Dzire and in a friend's too.

freakdude.

Thanks freakdude. I was a bit worried on this. So i shall go ahead and buy Polk audio component speakers DB6501 which is 6.5in. Will post pictures of installation once it's done.

Regards,
Sankar

@ sankar: I still feel the best HUs are single din. Pioneer is ok...but SQ of a Kenwood is in a league of its own. Polk components are good. RF prime is also good. But amp you need an infinity or a focal solid 4. RF will be a tad low on power. Suggest you to cut the money on the sub, geysers an infinity ref sub and keep money for the amp.

@ sankar: I still feel the best HUs are single din. Pioneer is ok...but SQ of a Kenwood is in a league of its own. Polk components are good. RF prime is also good. But amp you need an infinity or a focal solid 4. RF will be a tad low on power. Suggest you to cut the money on the sub, geysers an infinity ref sub and keep money for the amp.
Thanks gego.[:)] Please go through the price list i have collected for my ICE upgrade and let me know your thoughts

Head Unit - Pioneer AVH-X5590BT - 25k
Front Speakers - Polk Audio DB6501 Component Speaker System - 8k
Rear Speakers - Rockford Fosgate Prime R16-S Component Speaker - 6k
Amplifier - Rockford Fosgate 250.4 4 channel amplifier - 8.5k
Subwoofer - Focal P-30 12in with custom enclosure - 10k
Scoche Amplifier Wiring Kit - 1.5k

Total costs - 59K without installation.

Cheers,
Sankar

Guys i think if you are going for SQ then you must consider JVC KDR90BT as well, the HU is known for SQ. If you people need to connect Sub then best is to go for good Mono amp. as it'll make you in peace while thinking for Sub power.

A suggestion: If possible get good amps. which would end the need of good amps. in the future as well. Upgrading is a waste of money IMHO. You can upgrade speakers/sub easily but selling an amp is a loss-full job.

@sankarnaraysnan how would you get the power for your sub. Assuming that you would power your speakers from your amp.
Get bull audio power kit and replace RCAs with better ones instead of going for scoche.

@gego pioneers are also good while talking about SQ take 80PRS as an example, it is equivalent to alpine, jvc. Kenwood can not compete with JVC, pioneer, alpine while talking about SQ.

But double din HUs can not compete with single din while taking about SQ whether its alpine, jvc, pioneer or any other.

Last edited:
Guys i think if you are going for SQ then you must consider JVC KDR90BT as well, the HU is known for SQ. If you people need to connect Sub then best is to go for good Mono amp. as it'll make you in peace while thinking for Sub power.

A suggestion: If possible get good amps. which would end the need of good amps. in the future as well. Upgrading is a waste of money IMHO. You can upgrade speakers/sub easily but selling an amp is a loss-full job.

@sankarnaraysnan how would you get the power for your sub. Assuming that you would power your speakers from your amp.
Get bull audio power kit and replace RCAs with better ones instead of going for scoche.
Hi Vivek,

I am planning to connect my rear components directly to the HU while i connect the front components and subwoofer to 4 channel amp. Will this setup work?

Get bull audio power kit and replace RCAs with better ones - Can you please share me online websites which sell these as i doubt i can get them in Trivandrum.

Regards,
Sankar

Hi Vivek,

I am planning to connect my rear components directly to the HU while i connect the front components and subwoofer to 4 channel amp. Will this setup work?
The way you told will work fine. But i suggest you to drop the rear speakers and invest the saved money on amp. and front compos. You'll hardly feel the need of rear-fills.

Get bull audio power kit and replace RCAs with better ones - Can you please share me online websites which sell these as i doubt i can get them in Trivandrum.

Regards,
Sankar
No clue about online, but if you don't get it somehow do the same with scoche kit, 4 gouge would be sufficient, but replace the RCAs with Gladin or AIV.

Thread Starter #26
i spoke to a couple of people n they told me it wont be possible to fit 6.5 inch speakers in the front door so i have to get 4 inch front speakers now so should i go for jbl CS-4
and can i also connect a sub with the amp as the max rms for the amp is 400w

The way you told will work fine. But i suggest you to drop the rear speakers and invest the saved money on amp. and front compos. You'll hardly feel the need of rear-fills.
Can you specify which compos are you taking about> Rainbow or Focal?

How about i change my setup a little bit:-

4 channel amp to power the 2 pair of componenets while i buy a monoblock amp for my sub. Won't this work fine Vivek? Please help me out.

On the RCA cable i shall change it to gladin ones. Thanks for your suggestion[:)]

Regards,
Sankar

Last edited:
i spoke to a couple of people n they told me it wont be possible to fit 6.5 inch speakers in the front door so i have to get 4 inch front speakers now so should i go for jbl CS-4
and can i also connect a sub with the amp as the max rms for the amp is 400w
Ankit Can you let me know a couple of things please -
1) What budget you have on your mind fro your ICE upgrade?
2) Are you installing front components and rear coaxial speaker setup or are you going for coaxial speakers for both front/rear?
3) Which HU are you looking at? Does it have 3 pre-outs?

I would suggest you go for a good set of 5in components for your front and 4in coaxial speakers for your rear setup. Also setup a good subwoofer preferably a 10in sub from Infinity/polk/Focal with a good compact enclosure. Power your front components and the subwoofer using your 4 channel amplifier. This would give you an excellent ICE system.

Regards,
Sankar

I would advice you to get the installation done in stages.

First you buy a decent amp. let it be costly to make sure you won't be changing it in near future. Masconi AS100.4 is an example, it has true 100 watt per channel at 4ohm and 320 watt in bridge mode at 4ohm and 480watt in bridge mode at 2 ohm(mind it its the only amp which can be bridged at 2ohm).

Buy a decent pair of compos along with subs and use it for decent amount of period. If you still feel the need of rear fills then you can get a mono for the subs and rear channel of amp to power the rear fills. Who knows if you would get satisfied with this setup, then you can surely save plenty of money.

Specify your budget. It would help us to help you choose right stuff.

@ankit0_0 go for 5"/5.5" compos hope that they can be installed using MDF rings.

Imp: Don't ever use your speakers without MDF rings.

I would advice you to get the installation done in stages.

First you buy a decent amp. let it be costly to make sure you won't be changing it in near future. Masconi AS100.4 is an example, it has true 100 watt per channel at 4ohm and 320 watt in bridge mode at 4ohm and 480watt in bridge mode at 2 ohm(mind it its the only amp which can be bridged at 2ohm).

Buy a decent pair of compos along with subs and use it for decent amount of period. If you still feel the need of rear fills then you can get a mono for the subs and rear channel of amp to power the rear fills. Who knows if you would get satisfied with this setup, then you can surely save plenty of money.

Specify your budget. It would help us to help you choose right stuff.

@ankit0_0 go for 5"/5.5" compos hope that they can be installed using MDF rings.

Imp: Don't ever use your speakers without MDF rings.
That Masconi alone would shoot him with a 35-40K man!!! Not doubting it's capabilities but I find Masconi's over-hyped. Rest all depends on ones choice.

freakdude.

Top Bottom