Need Advice On My First Second Hand Car.

Thread Starter #31
Also, I am keeping my options wide open. Am not yet fixed with any particular brand or model.
And, I am not in any urgent to buy the car right away. Hopefully, I will be buying the car in say november or december [;)]

Ramoze 20-30 km per day is nothing . I don't think a well maintained second hand car can trouble you.
But make sure you get it checked before you buy. Second hand cars are likely to have scratches/dents here and there but apart from cosmetics , what you should be looking for is the engine.get it checked by mechanic.
Look for oil changes, oil leaks , transmission issues, brakepads/discs, Since your after FWD car make sure it doesn't make some wierd sound when you turn it.

You can travel interstate to look for a decent one.

Hi Frndz,

After all the valuable suggestions from everybody. Today TD a swift. Details of the swift are below.

Asking Price: 3.2L
Mfg Yr: 2006
Clolur: Red
Petrol version.
Odo reading: 56,000
Owner: 3rd[anger]

Car is in kinda good condition except for a few dents. The car was driven in chennai, so one cant expect a dent free car.[anger] I find it to be good. Waiting for a frnd of mine to examine it. There are few concerns, in 2nd gear, the performance of the car is not that great. But the issue is only in 2nd gear. Once the car crosses 40 or so the performance is good. There is some rattling noise. But, not so much. Apart from these I dont find any issues with it. No please suggest me what all needs to be checked and advise.

Which variant is it buddy? And yes good that you are not fixed onto one car , keep your options wide open and keep searching the market. And also try to avoid dealerships , look for direct sellers where no middlemen are involved.

I see you are also in Chennai , keep your eyes on the Hindu Classifieds every Sunday , you get many good Swift's for sale each week. Not only Swift many other cars too.

350Z

Core Team
Hi Frndz,

After all the valuable suggestions from everybody. Today TD a swift. Details of the swift are below.

Asking Price: 3.2L
Mfg Yr: 2006
Clolur: Red
Petrol version.
Odo reading: 56,000
Owner: 3rd
If I were in your place, I would stay away from a third hand car, especially when it is a common car like Swift which is easily available in the second hand car bazaar. There are many well maintained Swifts out there, but a third hand example like this does not necessarily guarantee that each owner has kept it well. I’m sure that no one would like to buy a car which needs to be taken to a workshop each weekend. Whichever car you chance upon, get it checked thoroughly and settle the deal only after you are completely satisfied. Sounds a basic advice, but very important.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
Hi Div65, Depending upon the condition of car - You should pay anywhere around Rs.2.3 - Rs.2.5 Lakhs for this car.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom