Need Advice on ICE Upgrade for Chevrolet Beat

Thread Starter #1
hi, i just bought a chevy beat. it has a inbuilt HU and got 2 front speakers with it(pioneer).
now looking to add more things to it. so my question is which speakers would be good my budget is 5k and i love bass and good quality music.
Some i short listed r
1- Pioneer Car Speaker TS-A934 400W Speaker - 400w
2- Sony XS-GT69412 4-Way In-Car Speaker -4-Way Coaxial-440w

and can these be powered by HU?? cant afford to buy an amp at this point of time..[frustration] plan to get amp and sub later.[clap]
Sorry for too many ques i am new to these things..[confused]

thx in advance..

Re: Need advice on ICE upgrade For Beat

hi, i just bought a chevy beat. it has a inbuilt HU and got 2 front speakers with it(pioneer).
now looking to add more things to it. so my question is which speakers would be good my budget is 5k and i love bass and good quality music.
Some i short listed r
1- Pioneer Car Speaker TS-A934 400W Speaker - 400w
2- Sony XS-GT69412 4-Way In-Car Speaker -4-Way Coaxial-440w

and can these be powered by HU?? cant afford to buy an amp at this point of time..[frustration] plan to get amp and sub later.[clap]
Sorry for too many ques i am new to these things..[confused]

thx in advance..
hi, welcome to TAI.
you can get pioneer 6x9 on the rear speaker pads.this gives you enough bass

Thread Starter #3

thx for the help shibu have another ques..

will these be powered by HU or i would need an amp for it???

and whould also love some more options and opinions..

An amp is always better if you need more bass, but if you amp your rear speakers then they would overpower your fronts and all you'd have is boom boom.
I'd suggest you to move the pio fronts to back and get a decent set of components for front. you can chose from JBL, RF, Morels, Pio etc. This would give you way better sound stage. Later you can use an amp to drive the fronts and maybe a sub if budget permits.

freakdude.

Agree to freakdude..
go for jbl components at front..
it has a pleasent sound (not heard without amp).
i have installed jbl compo fron and rear and they are great with quality...

Thread Starter #6

An amp is always better if you need more bass, but if you amp your rear speakers then they would overpower your fronts and all you'd have is boom boom.
I'd suggest you to move the pio fronts to back and get a decent set of components for front. you can chose from JBL, RF, Morels, Pio etc. This would give you way better sound stage. Later you can use an amp to drive the fronts and maybe a sub if budget permits.

freakdude.

@freakdude - thx for ur advice. just wanted to make things clear
1- wiil the components work well without an amp??
2- my pio are very basic fitted by the company it self they are TS-G413. will there be any point shifting the to rear.
3- My head unit is Company fitted But i know is a Nippon double din unit. will this be able to power both compo and pio together??
4 - a friend of me told that if i get 400w pio they would also give good bass.

PS :- I dont need kind of bass that would blow people passing by or that sounds loud. i just need that for my own pleasure not to flaunt it.

Cant increase my budget at this point of this its strict 5k. but planning to get an amp and sub later.

my pio are very basic fitted by the company it self they are TS-G413. will there be any point shifting the to rear.
these will got give enough bass. (4 inch right) these are no use if you fix it back

a friend of me told that if i get 400w pio they would also give good bass.
that is good, you can fix on the rear parcel tray.

nippon company HU can power the speakers without amp.

2- my pio are very basic fitted by the company it self they are TS-G413. will there be any point shifting the to rear.
3- My head unit is Company fitted But i know is a Nippon double din unit. will this be able to power both compo and pio together??

PS :- I dont need kind of bass that would blow people passing by or that sounds loud. i just need that for my own pleasure not to flaunt it.

Cant increase my budget at this point of this its strict 5k. but planning to get an amp and sub later.

Since you plan to add a sub/amp later, so the most sensible upgrade would be to get components for fronts. This would increase your front sound stage by miles. Components play at their best when amped, but playing them from HU would also suffice, till you get amp/sub. Also, the rear speakers would just add as fillers once you have a sub. So, my suggestion would be to go for components in front and move existing pios to back.

freakdude.

Double DIN Head Unit For Chevrolet Beat

Planning to purchase beat LS Which is best double din HU For rs 15000

Since you are going for Subwoofer and amplifier later i suggest going for component speakers for front. I am using Rockford Fosgate R-16S prime component speakers which are connected directly to HU and they sound absolutely awesome. Component speakers will sound better than coaxials any day even if not powered by an amplifier. So the best option is to go for components and my suggestion would be for RF R-16S speakers.[:)]

Regards,
Sankar

Top Bottom