Need Advice On Buying a New Car

Thread Starter #1
Hai All
I am planning to Purchase MARUTI BALENO 1.2 DELTA PETROL VERSION as my usage is very less
Today morning i contacted NEXA dealer he offered me around 30,000 Discount And it will continue till this month end only. I asked because of month end sales target are you offering ? But they said no sir it is company offer as our targets finished before Dussehra it self
1. Corporate discount 7000/-
2. Accessories Worth 10000/-
3. OTHER DISCOUNT 10000/-

Can anyone say it as a best Deal. As i will keep the car for the life time Can i go for it to buy even it is a 2018 model.

But my main concern is if i purchase now i will get 2018 model as it is October.

My intention is to book now and get it Delivery in the month of January 2019. So that i can ask for January make car.

Any way i have to go for bank loan so that i can process the loan in these two months.I am going with SBI CAR Loan.

Suggestions required

(Heard nexa is also giving loans through sbi. Can i go through nexa)

Granite Grey(My Choice) or NEXA Blue

Please give me suggestions as i am very much confused

Akash1886

Honoured Member
What is the On-Road price you are getting bro? How much does Delta Baleno cost Ex-Showroom at your end? Do make sure to get the VIN decoded. If in case the car is manufactured around June-July 2018, you can straight away negotiate on better discounts.

Regards

Akash

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Discount/offers on Baleno is always limited (best selling cars won't get much discount offers from dealers).

Further check with them if they ready to release a January 2019 built car when you book it now and arrange loan accordingly. (If you want the car only in Jan 2019, why you want to book now? wait for year end and you will get better offers/discounts)?

Thread Starter #4
Discount/offers on Baleno is always limited (best selling cars won't get much discount offers from dealers).

Further check with them if they ready to release a January 2019 built car when you book it now and arrange loan accordingly. (If you want the car only in Jan 2019, why you want to book now? wait for year end and you will get better offers/discounts)?
On Road Price is 7.45 lac and Ex Showroom is 631000
I AM NOT THAT MUCH HURRY BUT THEY SAID WAITING PERIOD IS 45 DAYS THATS WHY

As festive seasons going on there would be diwali offers coming by in short span and also check with other dealers in your city what are the offers they are giving and compare it with your dealer and negotiate further.

Thread Starter #7
Dear Akash aThankyou for your Valuable Sugestion Previously my Choise was AMAZE only one of my friend is having and said that it ihas not goood pickup in petrol version. Also Scared of High cost of spares for Amaze and Ford And Never Checked Tigor let me have a look on it too.

Dear Akash aThankyou for your Valuable Sugestion Previously my Choise was AMAZE only one of my friend is having and said that it ihas not goood pickup in petrol version. Also Scared of High cost of spares for Amaze and Ford And Never Checked Tigor let me have a look on it too.
Ford Aspire is available with 5 Years Warranty. It is a mini Sedan and a comparable model (Trend +) is just Rs. 13,000 more than Baleno. Dual Airbags, ABS, EBD are common to both. The Ford weighs 1043kg and Baleno weighs 870kg (for me THIS helps the sheet metal take mild hits from passing motorists, without needing to go to Body repair shop). Aspire has 94.68bhp@6500rpm as against 83.1bhp@6000rpm of Baleno. THAT is "THE closest to 100 bHP this side of Rs 7,00,000/-" [clap]

The Ford also comes with "Remote Trunk Opener, Touchscreen Audio blah blah blah". Being SO COMMON is the Strength and weakness of Baleno. Aspire is NOT so common. Though in this link I have also included Tata Tigor, I personally like the LOOKS of Aspire. Test Drive as many vehicles as possible before committing. Good Luck.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Also Scared of High cost of spares for Amaze and Ford And Never Checked Tigor let me have a look on it too.
Bro, I have owned a CITY Ivtec for 6.5 years. Yes, the spares are slightly higher in price for Honda but still won't burn a big hole in pocket provided the car is following regular service intervals. Infact, during my ownership, post December 2012, I did not visit Honda ASC for any techno-mechanical replacements except getting battery replaced, airbags were replaced in recall and a light wire check. It was in 2017 that for the 1st time the brakes pads were changed and the spark plugs got changed. I always changed the oils and filters from open market from 2013 to March 2018. That ways, the ownership cost for me was negligible. The max bill paid by me in 6.5 years for CITY was 10K in 2017.

Though haven't owned a FORD but have observed their steps taken in keeping the maintenance cost low. Recently, the Aspire got 5 Year Warranty. So, ya, now Ford too isn't really heavy on pocket.

Talking of TATA, Well, I own a 15 month old Tigor XZO Petrol. It has run approx 14.5K kms till now and the bill I paid for consumables in 3rd free service came to about Rs. 1360/- So far the cost of owning a TATA hasn't been too much. Also, the car hasn't bothered me and neither the dealership has bothered me in any manner. So, I can say that I have a good experience with TML.

Bro, in the end it is your call but if I was in your place, frankly, I wouldn't have spent a reasonable amount like 7.5L on buying a hatch when I know I can get a reasonably good Compact Sedan in it.

Regards

Akash

What about the other Maruti Suzuki cars ? For example, Swift or Dzire? In my opinion, they would be the best option. If not, then really, Ford Aspire-also a very good option.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Just saying blankly as 'non trust worthy' are not correct. What Maruti cars lacking is the safety features, but still they are number 1 in the chart. Maruti has the backing of millions of happy customers. And as far as our buyers are not worried about safety features and only looking into cost saving and easy service network, Maruti will still maintain their lead.

That's what I say. I just wanted to keep it short. If I start penning then list, then it will be a big post.
1. They provide old tech and old engines despite charging premium on nexa brands.
2. They have utter disregard for Indian people and manufacture the new swift for just 2 stars of safety where the old one itself scored 3 with airbags. Other manufacturers are doing their max efforts to increase their crash ratings.
3. Interior quality is just pathetic with same old materials and age old design. And oh my god! The same old crappy flimsy buttons and knobs for the power window and mirror controls right from the 2005 swift to the celerio and the "premium" S Cross! Certainly not worth the money.
4. Build quality for daily use on Indian roads is pathetic on new models. It would seriously piss me off when by even just leaning on the car would cause a big dent. Imagine what would happen with our road's cyclists and bikers!! Glad my Ertiga fares better than the current Marutis.
5. Is it just me or do really all the Maruti cars look weird and stupid. The current crop of Maruti cars, starting from the Baleno don't at all look impressive or not even close. All the new cars are trying to imitate lithe designs and feel and look weird on road. Other manufacturers designs atleast have their original character and personality when seen on road.
6. Maruti is not cheap in service. I pay atleast 12000 for every service of my Ertiga and my Ertiga has done just 55000 and never used rough. Driven by 90% only me.
Now I think these are enough reasons.

But my main concern is if i purchase now i will get 2018 model as it is October.

My intention is to book now and get it Delivery in the month of January 2019. So that i can ask for January make car.
Dealers are wiser than you. They would give discounts/price relevant during Invoice/Delivery. It is highly unlikely they would offer Jan 2019 car with discounts running now. At the most you can haggle for more discounts (best time is between 10th-25th Dec) and invoice(pay full amount, after checking VIN and doing PDI) the car between 26th-31st Dec and send for registration after Jan 1. In that way you can get a Nov 18/Dec 18 car but registered in January.

Jan 2019 manufactured cars usually hit showrooms after 15th -20th Jan or early Feb.

Top Bottom