Need Advice from Bankers

Thread Starter #1
hey guys i had made a few online purchases using my debit card, the timeline for my delivery is nearing in and the shipment is taking loads of time in customs.
The issue now is the debit card and account i used to buy these is being upgraded to a higher value account by my bank which fetches me a new account number as well as a new debit card. Now if i claim for a refund the amount will go back to my old card which is now cancelled along with the account. What should i do in this case as the site i used for purchasing only provides refunds on the original mode of payment.
help guys

Last edited:
No issue at all buddy.
At the time of upgradation from one small transaction type account like a simple account to accounts like gold card ones or platinum card ones is done then all the details of the account ate also transferred.
Now in case the amount gets refunded then it will come in your account which is active irrespective of the account number and all.
Rest,a manager is there in every bank.

BTW,in my case the above mentioned happened.

Thread Starter #3
i believe you are speaking of credit cards. What I'm trying to say is the old account was a preferred customer savings while now its a premium saving account the old account is shut and funds transferred to a new one while a new card is also provided to me.

Buddy not only funds,every detail is shifted.If the bank is same...
To check it out,just go to the bank and try to deposit some cash in your closed account and you will understand what I meant..
They will tell you that now the account is 'this' and hence transactions will be done in 'this' only.Not in the closed one.

Rest,talk to them..I am just a interest holder not a professional at the banking,finance and all..
About credit card thing,I still use debit card while shopping because I take credit only in case of emergency hence you can't expect my credit card to be a premium one(Debit is)...

Thread Starter #5
will have to check up with my relationship manager on monday then.
I am a total dud when it comes to banking or any investments.
from what i know when a card expires the refunds still go the account, but if i have cancelled it someone told me we would have to call up either master card/visa/amex or the issuing bank as it goes into a holding account.

by the way i like credit cards only cause you earn reward points on it, but its a temptation makes you wanna spend more.

I am sure about one thing :-

If bank a/c no. changes, then there are problems if payment was made online/e-banking. But as far as credit card is concerned, this should not be an issue. But it is best bet to speak with your RM about this in advance.

Better still, get the goods released quickly.
BTW, what is it that is taking so long for it to be delivered ? Anything which customs guys can play with ? [;)]

Thread Starter #7
its a sealant cum glaze, the product is on its way now, the custom guys were bothering me for more duties i spoke to my uncle who is a customs officer and got it released btw my customer id is linked to both the accounts and the rm told me no issues if you get a refund it will be directed to the new account

Top Bottom