Need Advice for Used Car Under Rs.2.5 Lacs

Thread Starter #1
i need some advice on buying a used car,
1. my budget is upto 2.5L,
2. location at Hyderabad.
3. this is my first car. wish it should have some good features.
4. around 1000- 1200 km per month, non-regular. most of them are long drives on highways.
5. for family/single trips, seats 2-4.
6. fuel type : need advice here. i doubt diesel car in 2.5L, no service of CNG at most of the places i roam, LPG is other option, but will it cause any damage to engine in long run? is it advisable to fit LPG kit for new or 2 yrs old alto?

i have few models in mind, alto, zen, wagonR duo. kindly advice.
ps. i am a new driver.

Re: need advise for used car

Hmmm you want a car with good features and most of them are long drives on highways , then i would suggest you to look at sedans instead so that your drives will be comfortable. I see you are a new driver but still if you have the confidence of doing long trips in highways then why not sedans?

I would suggest you to look at OHC(old Honda City) and Lancer decent cars with good comfort. If you can stretch your budget by a Lakh then you can have a look at Corolla and Elantra too.

Welcome aboard Sudacar!

In 2.5L it would be difficult to find a decent diesel, albeit if you dont mind looking at Indica sec gen. Out of the cars you have selected WagonR seems the best option. You can even get a CNG retro-fitted to give you better run for your money. Just need to keep in mind that there should be enough fuel stations near your house.

I would also go with what Dhaya has said, if you run is only highway, look for a sedan or mini sedan like Old Ikon, it is a driver friendly car. Spares are still available and do not cost a bomb.

Your choice, but do not go for a very old vehicle as you can not be sure when new emission norms are enforced in your city.

Zen or Wagon R Duo will be good choice for new driver. Stay away from Altos as compared to Zen or Wagon R.
But as you have mentioned long drives on highways you may need to consider sedans too.
This information will help you in coming future buddy.

My suggestions and further questions are in bold.

i need some advice on buying a used car,
1. my budget is upto 2.5L,
Not bad budget if you want a hatchback that too a petrol one.
2. location at Hyderabad.
I think, you can find good number of CNG stations. If not then drop the idea of CNG.
3. this is my first car. wish it should have some good features.
No problem as most people go your way. Feature wise ? Be little specific.
4. around 1000- 1200 km per month, non-regular. most of them are long drives on highways.
Will it be your vacation vehicle ? If yes, go as Dhaya suggested. A Sedan would be better. But if you are a sedate drive then a hatch can also serve the purpose. But think before you ZERO down to anything.
5. for family/single trips, seats 2-4.
What do you actually mean by 2-4 seats ?
6. fuel type : need advice here. i doubt diesel car in 2.5L, no service of CNG at most of the places i roam, LPG is other option, but will it cause any damage to engine in long run? is it advisable to fit LPG kit for new or 2 yrs old alto?
No harm in putting a LPG kit in a new ALTO but why you want to buy a ALTO whereby you can get a decent sedan USED of course !

i have few models in mind, alto, zen, wagonR duo. kindly advice.
ps. i am a new driver.
Wagon R all the way.

Considering your requirements
1200 km per months- Diesel makes sense
But apart from indica it is very difficult to find a diesel car up-to 2.5L

If you can stretch your budget a little bit up-to 3.2L then you can easily manage new Alto k10 Lxi
Alto k10 is pocket rocket + 19 kmpl + specious for 4 + good boot space + Good resale value + Maruti Ass

OR
Try to find a old swift or honda city and fit after market CNG/LPG kit

OR
WaganR Lxi/Zen Lxi + after market CNG/LPG kit

Welcome to TAI sudacar!

Since your usage is nominal its better you go for alternative fuel car. Like LPG or CNG. You can get a Ford Ikon 2005-2007 model for around 2.2-2.5 Lak. Fit an LPG Kit for INR 20000/=. Its redy to rock your roads buddy. The FE will be around 11-12 Kpml for LPG in city & 13-14 Kmpl in highways.

The Ikon is packed with some good features Like Power Stearing, Power Windows, Central Locking, Good AC, Pretty good Boot Space Even after fitting the Gas tank of 60 Ltrs. Pars are available across the country.

If I'm you, then I'll go for an Ikon.

How about a Santro. You will get a good example for this budget. It's an extremely reliable car. The quality is much better than the Maruti's. Also since it's your first car, stick to a trouble free hatchback. You can later upgrade to a sedan.

350Z

Core Team
Your usage is on the higher side. If it has to be the hatchback, look out for Wagon-R Duo or Santro LPG. Both of them come equipped with company fitted system so installing one aftermarket will not be your concern. Otherwise, considering the requirements, sedan does make some sense. In this market, check out the Hyundai Accent CRDi or Ford ikon. Both are practical and relatively wallet friendly cars. Also be cautious while inspecting a second hand car. Our Pre-owned Car Guide can prove out to be helpful here. Good luck.

Drive Safe,
350Z

hmmm you can get corolla or accent(accent comes with lpg option from company so this car will be better option) in this budget but they will be old which means regular visit to garage

WagonR or Santro both in LPG's will be a better option to suite your needs,Dont worry about the gas stations,you can switch between petrol also.
I could say even the old genreation Palio D would also be available in your budget, but thoroughly inspect them

Top Bottom