Need Advice: Buying Maruti Ritz (Petrol) Lxi or Vxi

350Z

Core Team
I visited the Fortpoint Maruti showroom in Thane. As of now, they dont have a Vxi Ritz in stock. Ritz Lxi in Silky silver is available. If I wait for Vxi silver till next month, i wont be getting 21K discount that i am getting in December. Hence I may go for Ritz Lxi.
Will plan to fit MGA accessories later so that the car remains in warranty. (Especially Music system, power windows and Fog lamps)
Verify the manufacturing date through VIN and insist for more discounts / freebies appropriately. There’s no limit when it comes to spending for cars (upper variant after variant always seems alluring). Go for VXi only if you can afford to spend that much amount without stretching the budget too much. Although none of its features are really essential, but they’re always good enough to have. Else, stick with the decision of LXi and remember; this is the best time to fetch a fantastic deal. Try to make most out of it.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #18
@350Z: Yes, I will check the VIN surely during my PDI check. 21K discount is what Maruti is offering me last.

Most of the members have suggested for VXI or VXI ABS, however the dealer is out of stock right now for these 2 variants. Hence finally booked Lxi petrol (as since Vxi or Vxi ABS, both are out of stock. Didnt plan to go for Zxi ABS, since it was out of my budget (1 Lac difference between Lxi and Zxi).

I will go for aftermarket accessories later once the purchase is done, may be in few months time.

Thanks for all your advices, guys!! [thumbsup]

350Z

Core Team
Congrats for the decision. At least try to avail some freebies / accessories / free insurance etc. if the dealer is firm on not offering further cash discounts.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #21
The dealer is offering some common freebies like Sunfilm, Teflon Coating, Car Perfume, Floor mats, Mud Flaps, Steering cover, Fabric seats (at half the price).
I have insisted for Antirust coating and Parking cover and the dealer seems to be positive for it. Also I have checked the VIN for my model, it ends with MB, i.e Dec 2011 model.

The dealer is offering some common freebies like Sunfilm, Teflon Coating, Car Perfume, Floor mats, Mud Flaps, Steering cover, Fabric seats (at half the price).

Inquire about the brand of the sunfilm/Teflon coating. The price of thee two items varies tremendously with their respective brand. Be especially cautious about the teflon coating. Tell the dealer that you want 3M/DuPont only and get it done before your eyes, just to be sure. Cross check the half-the-price thing from after market vendors - you might just save some more cash by getting it done outside.

I have insisted for Antirust coating and Parking cover and the dealer seems to be positive for it. Also I have checked the VIN for my model, it ends with MB, i.e Dec 2011 model.
That's great. Do the PDI thoroughly. Awaiting your initial ownership report.

Thread Starter #23
Just an update guys, my Ritz is currently pending registration. So working out with Maruti Fortpoint guys for the probable delivery date. Will post pics soon after delivery.

Thread Starter #24
Also regarding the after-market accessories for Lxi. Visited fortpoint showroom and spoke to a Maruti sales person who handles MGA accessories.

The total cost came up to whopping 41K [shock]. Here is the list of accessories I requested for:

* JVC HU + JBL 6" 135W speakers (pair) + JBL 6" 260W speakers (pair) = 15000/-
* Remote Locking (Nippon): 6000/-
* Power Windows (Front): 7000/-
* Reverse Parking sensor (4 way): 4000/-
* Wheel Caps: 1600/-
* Bumper Protector set: 1200/-
* Body side Moulding: 900/-
* Rear Spoiler: 4500/-
* Neck Rest: 500/-
* Charging Socket: 800/-
* Parcel Tray: 900/-

I have not yet finalized on the deal however I am checking out other after-market options in the local stores and then will plan accordingly. All your suggestions are welcome...

Also regarding the after-market accessories for Lxi. Visited fortpoint showroom and spoke to a Maruti sales person who handles MGA accessories.

The total cost came up to whopping 41K [shock]. Here is the list of accessories I requested for:

I have not yet finalized on the deal however I am checking out other after-market options in the local stores and then will plan accordingly. All your suggestions are welcome...
Rs 7000 for front power windows !!!! Daylight robbery, I say [gun]. I would say go for those aftermaket fitments that wont void the warranty (spoiler, music system [if you do not change the wiring, warranty stays intact - prod the dealer to admit this], charging socket, body side moulding, parcel tray [may or may not get outside], neck rest, bumper protector and wheel caps). You will save more than 50% money over what the Maruti dealer has quoted you for these items. For remote locking, power windows and reverse parking sensor, the after market brands/shops also provide their own written warranty. Rs 41000 is just too much for all these things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could not comment without understanding the model
Go for aftermarket, you could save atleast 50%
Only front?[surprise] Toooo much. Set of 4 should cost you less than the quote
Autocop with 4 sensors is less than 3k (with 1 year warranty)
OE replica are available for 750 bucks
Got installed for Wagon-R for 400 Rs
May be reasonable
[surprise] Aftermarket spoilers are available for 1.5k
Reasonable
Only the socket? It is available for 250 bucks
Depends on the Quality / finishing
Better to go for aftermarket items

For remote locking go for Autocop they are the best and the nippon which company provides is very unreliable and problematic,i faced repeated issues with the rear door of my Versa! which was fixed by those company guys

For remote locking go for Autocop they are the best
Agreed

nippon which company provides is very unreliable and problematic,i faced repeated issues with the rear door of my Versa! which was fixed by those company guys
We have ben using Nippon in Wagon-R for past 6 years without any issue. My friend is using the same in Alto for 3 years without issues.

AgreedWe have ben using Nippon in Wagon-R for past 6 years without any issue. My friend is using the same in Alto for 3 years without issues.
The SA was bored of writing my compliants from customer in the job card everytime when the car was given to the service station.

And they used to get scoldings every time from us when they made the interior door panels greasy[frustration].

Thread Starter #30
Thanks to Vishwas, Mr.Boss, Sam Dinkar.

Inquired about after-market accessories in local market, whole list mentioned earlier in my post goes till 22-25 K. (Excluding power windows). Many people recommended me to go with MGA fitting for power windows, if its done locally, can cause lot of issues. Any suggestions on this one?

Will probably get my Ritz delivered by Saturday (14th Jan). Will post pics soon.

Top Bottom