Need Advice and Help – For Swift Dzire ZXI ICE & Reverse Cam

Thread Starter #1
Hi Folks and ICE Gurus,
Please be gentle and use layman terms as I am new to ICE world  (Location – Thane - Mumbai)

I am looking for your esteems advice and help – I am new to ICE world and so far have been happy with the standard stock music system in the car

I have booked a SWIFT DZIRE – ZXI and will be getting the car in 6-7 weeks and that’s why I am here to look for a good ICE and other system

My Requirement -- this is obviously my wish list and would depend eventually on the money and budget- I am also ready to get the eventual final set up in phases as an when I have some money to put in but I would like to start buying things with end goal in mind)

Questions-

Is the stock head unit and speaker system ( or any part of it) good enough or do I need to scarp the full thing off

I want to install a good 2 DIN head unit which can facilitate – Bluetooth, Ipod/Iphone control, navigation and video (please suggest a good headunit)

Can I integrate the rare camera to display on the head unit (is there a special setup required for that or is that even possible ?????

Is only a rare camera good or do I need parking sensors also (sorry for an offbeat question)

Dzire has a 4 speaker system and 2 tweeters – I want them to replace them with – 2 good rare speaker and component in the front ( do I need anything else or is this good enough)

Can I avoid Sub woofers and go for some high end speaker in the rare which eliminates the need for subwoofer ( you know the space is at premium in new cramped swift dzire)

If I am going for 2 great speaker in rare and component in front – which amp do I need ( how many channel and brand or Ohms etc)

If woofer is unavoidable – so which and how many amp would I need for 2 rare / component and sub

Finally – is there a space friendly option for woofer like tube woofer or something …..

I know there is too much of questions but I relay need to finalize the architecture so that I can build it in phase

Thanks for your help and support …………..thanks a million

Re: Need Advice and Help – For Swift Dzire ZXI ICE & Reverse Cam

I have booked a SWIFT DZIRE – ZXI and will be getting the car in 6-7 weeks
Welcome Sumit and Congratulations on your new car.

One question, is this 6/7 weeks waiting period for Swift and please correct me what heard from Automotive news is that, currently Maruti products are offered from shelf. There's no waiting period.

And moreover with accessories too. Please do check with your dealer.

And post details of ICE products with rear camera, me too looking for replacing the Punto stock music player due to absence of AUX and USB. [anger]

My replies in bold.

Hi Folks and ICE Gurus,
Please be gentle and use layman terms as I am new to ICE world  (Location – Thane - Mumbai)

I am looking for your esteems advice and help – I am new to ICE world and so far have been happy with the standard stock music system in the car

I have booked a SWIFT DZIRE – ZXI and will be getting the car in 6-7 weeks and that’s why I am here to look for a good ICE and other system

Heartiest congratulations for your new ride.

My Requirement -- this is obviously my wish list and would depend eventually on the money and budget- I am also ready to get the eventual final set up in phases as an when I have some money to put in but I would like to start buying things with end goal in mind)

First and the most important thing, please share your final budget and your music tastes. Also, how many passengers will frequent the car.

Questions-

Is the stock head unit and speaker system ( or any part of it) good enough or do I need to scarp the full thing off

It's crap to say the least bro. [;)]

I want to install a good 2 DIN head unit which can facilitate – Bluetooth, Ipod/Iphone control, navigation and video (please suggest a good headunit)

Few option for you :
Pioneer FH-X759BT Car Stereo,New Bill ,2Yr MFG Wrty | eBay

DPX-MP6110U | 2DIN Receivers | Car Electroics | Kenwood

JVC KW-R400 2-Din CD-reciever mp3 player USB/ Bluetooth support | eBay

Can I integrate the rare camera to display on the head unit (is there a special setup required for that or is that even possible ?????

If you opt for a 2-din touch screen unit like say, Pioneer 1490, then you can purchase a reverse cam for as low as 1.5K and link it to the screen of the HU.

Is only a rare camera good or do I need parking sensors also (sorry for an offbeat question)

For most uses a cam does the job, if you are new to driving or very much concerned about reversing and parking get them both.

Dzire has a 4 speaker system and 2 tweeters – I want them to replace them with – 2 good rare speaker and component in the front ( do I need anything else or is this good enough)

Take all 4 of them out and donate to the needy. [evil] You only get sound from them and not music.

Can I avoid Sub woofers and go for some high end speaker in the rare which eliminates the need for subwoofer ( you know the space is at premium in new cramped swift dzire)

Sub or no sub is your preference. If you dig for bass then a sub is needed. If little bass is OK for you then decent 6x9s in the rear would be sufficient.

If I am going for 2 great speaker in rare and component in front – which amp do I need ( how many channel and brand or Ohms etc)

A 4-ch amp would be needed. One channel per speaker.

If woofer is unavoidable – so which and how many amp would I need for 2 rare / component and sub

Nothing is necessary and nothing is unavoidable when it comes to ICE. first decide weather you need a sub or not. Try auditioning a few friends' cars.

Finally – is there a space friendly option for woofer like tube woofer or something …..

You can go for shallow mount subs under front seats or get a fiberglass enclosure made to size in the boot.

I know there is too much of questions but I relay need to finalize the architecture so that I can build it in phase

Happy to help buddy.

Thanks for your help and support …………..thanks a million

Thread Starter #4

Welcome Sumit and Congratulations on your new car.

One question, is this 6/7 weeks waiting period for Swift and please correct me what heard from Automotive news is that, currently Maruti products are offered from shelf. There's no waiting period.

And moreover with accessories too. Please do check with your dealer.

And post details of ICE products with rear camera, me too looking for replacing the Punto stock music player due to absence of AUX and USB. [anger]
The ZDI is available of the shelf but apparently there is a waiting for the ZXI (guess no one buys them)

I will keep you informed of the ICE setup once i get some cracking on it :-)

Top Bottom