Need a Car For Status Symbol Under Rs.25 Lakhs (Bought BMW 320i)

Re: Need a Car For Status Symbol Under Rs.25 Lakhs

Some of the Bmw 320d approx part prices(may vary a bit)

Front bumper -40,000
front fender 21,000
Headlight single unit -70,000
rear tail lights- 15,000
Side mirror- 50,000
front brake pad's -20,000
front shocks 45,000
fuel filter 17,000(will check on this not sure)

Some of the Bmw 320d approx part prices(may vary a bit)
Costly. But check the prices of the some of the less premium brands. They are not that expensive but not cheap either. I wonder how much these parts cost for the Kizashi?

Thread Starter #63

Of course you cannot compare it with Accent but in comparison with full fledged D-segmenters like Honda Accord, the difference may be noticeable. BMW is a nice choice but as a fellow petrol head, I think it will be wise to let you know about the upcoming meaner 3-series as well. Though it is still not confirmed whether it will have a corporate edition or not. And check this out to solve the confusion between Petrol or Diesel: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-definitive-petrol-v-s-diesel-calculator.html

Drive Safe,
350Z
really good thing i didn't gave him booking cheque . Any idea if they will launch CE version of it .

Wow master, just saw your thread Safari followed by BMW, you are on a roll mate, anyways go for 320d, because of the increasing fuel bills ofcourse and also BMW's diesel engines are best of the lot.
Master now the joy is yours.
thanks
I have no problem in driving in petrol also . i hardly going to drive it may be 5000k a year

Go for what gives more enjoyment.(Considering 6k/year running) You can spend the difference amount on BSI/BMW secure/RSA etc. You can also try to negotiate any of these for free.

Keeping in view the current price of fuel Diesel-45 and Petrol-72 and with 6k/year running fuel cost(8 kmpl for Petrol and 10 kmpl for Diesel) will be 27k for Diesel and 54k for petrol. So with 27k difference per year , it will take 10 years to recover that extra 3 lac, you will pay upfront on diesel.

BTW i dared too much to make a point on your post being just a small car(VW Polo) owner.[:)]
thanks for calculation .
please don't say like that how big or small we are but we are member of this forum and are equal also Good mind makes person great not money alone . I am honoured to get help from you .

Congrats in advance. I am also planning to buy one.
thanks
The 3 series is a bit cramped compared to the Audi A4 and Merc C class. But that does not mean it is bad. I found it quite adequate. Anyway you'll end up behind the wheel most of the time so you won't mind.
ya its not that much cramped as people scared me
The price is for the base petrol engine. This car is not fun to drive. Forget Diesel/Petrol calculations. The Diesel is "Sheer Driving Pleasure".
well no use of performance as even if you have Lamborghini you will still travel at speed of 40[lol] in delhi . As this car will be used only in city and safari for highway . so thought why not petrol

Yea it is true. You will get an indication. But you will get this indication more or less every 15K kms or 1 year. However if you take the BSI, you need not worry.
it seams you have great knowledge about all option BMW provide . can you tell all other option in detail . Also sales guy what saying that if we take insurance from them then if car get totalled or stolen they will give new car [surprise] is just market trick ?
Congrats mate.
thanks

guys does audi A4 has petrol engine also . any idea about cost

well no use of performance as even if you have Lamborghini you will still travel at speed of 40[lol] in delhi . As this car will be used only in city and safari for highway . so thought why not petrol
I would still say compare both the cars. Even if you save 1L by buying the petrol, say after 5 years the resale of the Diesel will be more than 1L above the petrol. And just like the BMW SA told me, if you want to drive the car buy a BMW, if you want to be driven around buy a Merc. And if you're going to be driving, nothing beats the 320D

it seams you have great knowledge about all option BMW provide . can you tell all other option in detail . Also sales guy what saying that if we take insurance from them then if car get totalled or stolen they will give new car [surprise] is just market trick ?
What they have is a combination of various things. First is your standard insurance. Over that there is the BMW secure. So by paying a little extra premium your car is covered 100% even for plastic parts. However you have to pay around Rs.1000 every time you make a claim.
Then you have the BMW Service Inclusive (BSI). Here you pay a fixed amout and then you pay nothing for your scheduled service and unscheduled repairs (non-accidental). There is a choice of normal and Ultimate. Ultimate covers everything. You can choose between a 3 year/60K Kms, 5 year/60K Kms and 5 year/100K Kms package. So during this time or Kms everything is covered. Your warranty is also extended to this tenure. You can choose one package and then upgrade to a higher one if you feel the need but it has to be prior to the expiry of the current one.

guys does audi A4 has petrol engine also . any idea about cost
Audi has the 1.8, 2.0 & 3.2 Litre options in petrol. The 3.2 is the quattro version and is around 44L. The 1.8 & 2.0 are close to 30L. Audi is coming out with a Business Edition and these will be in the 25L range.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #65

I would still say compare both the cars. Even if you save 1L by buying the petrol, say after 5 years the resale of the Diesel will be more than 1L above the petrol. And just like the BMW SA told me, if you want to drive the car buy a BMW, if you want to be driven around buy a Merc. And if you're going to be driving, nothing beats the 320D
its 4L difference actually [confused]
What they have is a combination of various things. First is your standard insurance. Over that there is the BMW secure. So by paying a little extra premium your car is covered 100% even for plastic parts. However you have to pay around Rs.1000 every time you make a claim.
Then you have the BMW Service Inclusive (BSI). Here you pay a fixed amout and then you pay nothing for your scheduled service and unscheduled repairs (non-accidental). There is a choice of normal and Ultimate. Ultimate covers everything. You can choose between a 3 year/60K Kms, 5 year/60K Kms and 5 year/100K Kms package. So during this time or Kms everything is covered. Your warranty is also extended to this tenure. You can choose one package and then upgrade to a higher one if you feel the need but it has to be prior to the expiry of the current one.
thanks for information
Audi has the 1.8, 2.0 & 3.2 Litre options in petrol. The 3.2 is the quattro version and is around 44L. The 1.8 & 2.0 are close to 30L. Audi is coming out with a Business Edition and these will be in the 25L range.
but will Audi also do same thing BMW did . will they remove screen from it . I mean like BMW has removed idrive in base model just simple music system

its 4L difference actually [confused]
Are you sure you are comparing the same trim level. The difference between the CE petrol & diesel is 1L I think.

but will Audi also do same thing BMW did . will they remove screen from it . I mean like BMW has removed idrive in base model just simple music system
I will have the screen but with reduced functions.

Thread Starter #67

Are you sure you are comparing the same trim level. The difference between the CE petrol & diesel is 1L I think.
i don't know about CE or not but i am comparing both base model of petrol and diesel at ex-showroom price is just 1Lac but after discount it to goes upto 4L difference .
I will have the screen but with reduced functions.
better then no screen won't make me feel seating in cheap car

Thread Starter #68

guys what about accord :/ as i will buy petrol version both cars are around each other .

which one would be better
2.4 AT accord
2.0 AT 320I

Thread Starter #69

ok went today to honda showroom . looked at hona accord personally . rear leg space is not that much that it will make difference . after seeing both car personally i am thinking BMW more . let see how it goes as its long way to buy it . will buy it after jan .

Now i need to ask caska if they have any thing replace music system of BMW to touch screen

Thread Starter #72

nothing still stuck between accord and BMW . trying to find maintenance cost of keeping both . Father is toward accord as everyone is saying its good and cost less to maintain where as my toward BMW :D

Well,an Accord V6 any day for me..

@Mastersquall:
If you want the status symbol thing only,then its sure that the car is not going to run everywhere around,it will come out of garage only when needed,so petrol or diesel..no boundations.

Well,after driving all and everything,my mind says BMW 320D CE and my heart says SKODA SUPERB 3.6 V6 DSG but at last both of them nod for a Honda Accord V6.
For all three of them you may have to stretch a bit,but then these cars deserve some extra cash too.

Rest,I myself is going to decorate my porch with a Merc. within next 6-7 months,since our running is extremely high,so we have planned to lease a C-class for three years(as Merc. will do insurance and maintenance itself,so we are targeting 1.5-2 lacs km and hence decided to lease one instead of buying it).

Rest,I myself is going to decorate my porch with a Merc. within next 6-7 months,since our running is extremely high,so we have planned to lease a C-class for three years(as Merc. will do insurance and maintenance itself,so we are targeting 1.5-2 lacs km and hence decided to lease one instead of buying it).
Can you share the details of leasing. I was seriously considering this option but was told it is only available to corporates.

Top Bottom