National Driving Record: 68 Hours from Leh to Kanyakumari in Grande PUNTO!

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends,

This is a fantastic news for tarmac burners and voyage lovers [clap] Hats off to this feat !

(Written by Mr. HV Kumar on FB)

"Yes, it was a fantastic drive. A triumph of great planning, execution & car. This is the second national drive record set by Prabhakar Rao in his own Fiat Punto, the first being the fastest GQ Drive in 79.5 hrs in May 2012.

3 of them drove the car from Leh to Kanyakumari in relay.
Highlights are as follows:
Oct 6:
315 am, Leh
520 pm, Manali
920 pm, Aut
Oct 7:
309 am, Kharar
700 am, Noida
1100 am, Gwalior
330 pm, Lalitpur
Oct 8:
129 am, Nagpur
955 am, Kurnool
215 pm, Bangalore Whitefield
415 pm, Krishnagiri
630 pm, Namakkal
940 pm, Sattur, near Tirunelveli
1124 PM - THEY HAVE REACHED KANYAKUMARI!

The car is stock, but they used special mud terrain tyres for the Leh-Manali sector since it onvolved lots of rocky paths, river crossings & slush. They switched over to fast highway tyres (will give you details later) from Manali onwards"

Re: A new National Driving Record: 68 hours from Leh to Kanyakumari in Grande PUNTO!

hvkumar is an inveterate traveller. Brilliant.

Re: A new National Driving Record: 68 hours from Leh to Kanyakumari in Grande PUNTO!

Thats great.

Leh to Kanyakumari.

Seeing the route given above, its not Golden Quadrilateral (GQ).

It is North - South corridor.

Excellent Drive. It would be good if you can share more details about the plan, actual trip with photos.

Ha Ha. After seeing this all the hesitation which I had to drive up to Goa [Just 1000 KMs from Chennai] for our Inter Region Meet has gone...

Excellent drive it should have been.

Thread Starter #6

After seeing this all the hesitation which I had to drive up to Goa [Just 1000 KMs from Chennai] for our Inter Region Meet has gone...
Exactly !!! Such drives are source of inspiration and motivation for many! [drive]

Exactly !!! Such drives are source of inspiration and motivation for many! [drive]
The maximum I had driven was Chennai to Tuticorin which is around 600 Kms and came back. I did this twice once in my M800 and second time in my Sparky.

M800 took long time [Nearly 13 hours] and more over that was my first highway driving. In sparky It took 8 hours.

I do not know will my wife agree for 1000 + 1000 km drive alone by myself. Anyway, let us see.

Happy to hear that Punto travelled from Leh to Kanyakumari.

BTW, is there any Pics available on the trip?

I'm also thinking about Leh trip in my Vista. But, don't know when and how[roll]

Hi friends,

This is a fantastic news for tarmac burners and voyage lovers [clap] Hats off to this feat !
I cannot stop myself saying WOW !! what an expedition and that too with my favourite car Punto[clap]. It is really inspirational to take up such trips in future.

If any pics are available, please post them.

Ha Ha. After seeing this all the hesitation which I had to drive up to Goa [Just 1000 KMs from Chennai] for our Inter Region Meet has gone...

Excellent drive it should have been.
Sethu Sir,

Still your mind is in Goa [;)] come out sir, we have already fixed some other place for our meet.

My longest travel was with my brand new M800 in 2007 from Hyderabad - Kanyakumari - Hyderabad. I think it was a total of 4000km approx. really enjoyed that trip with 3 active drivers and 5 people on board.

Yes, I came out of Goa sir. But still as you said this is kind of Inspirations which make things easier..

No wonder why the nations fastest selling diesel cars too depend on FIAT for engines. The trip must have been the trip of their lifetime.
Congrats to all Fiat owners [:D]

OT: A Punto has also attempted for a record in Limca books!

resizedimage600399-DSC1960-1.JPG
Image Souce: Motoroids.com

Wow!! That's one hell of a ride and definitely an inspiration for many of us and people who like to travel by road.

Would be really great if you can post some pictures as well buddy.

Wow! Thats incredible achievement. 68 hours of driving from one end to other end of country just fabulous. These are the people who can motivate the enthuiasist in you.[clap]

The car chosen for this drive is also one of the best diesel hatchback we have in india.

It will be better if we can see the photos of this journey.

When i think for long distance travel, first resistance come from my family only. They just cant understand that such long trips can be organised. The long distance i travelled is max 850 Km in one day.

Wow! Thats incredible achievement. 68 hours of driving from one end to other end of country just fabulous. These are the people who can motivate the enthuiasist in you.[clap]

The car chosen for this drive is also one of the best diesel hatchback we have in india.

It will be better if we can see the photos of this journey.

When i think for long distance travel, first resistance come from my family only. They just cant understand that such long trips can be organised. The long distance i travelled is max 850 Km in one day.
Same here. My wife clearly says a bi NO. Mine is 600Km In a day.

Wow, this really is an excellent feat and it also shows that the Punto can take such torturous beating, all the punto owner's must be proud of this record

Top Bottom