Nano Micro-Hyrbid In 2011-12?

Thread Starter #1

AMG

Suspended
The Nano is gradually gaining traction in the market, and by the end of this year, Tata Motors showrooms may also sell a micro-hybrid version, of the small car.
When contacted, a Tata Motors spokesperson said that the company “does not comment on the company’s product plans”. The Nano micro-hybrid will be another example of Tata Motors’ growing capabilities in greener technologies. It will launch an electric version of the Indica Vista in Europe this year.
Earlier, it had showcased an electric Ace and had also run a few hybrid buses during the Commonwealth Games in New Delhi last year. We learn that the micro-hybrid technology may be supplied by a German tier I supplier. Currently, German component majors Bosch and Continental supply key some components to the Nano.
The Nano clocked its highest monthly sales volume of 10,000 units last month. Cumulatively, around 80,000 units of the Nano have been sold since its roll out from Sanand in June last year.
Source: Autocar India

why vista EV should be launched in Europe first.
why india deserves only second place?
Its not about second place, but about the popularity. In India, the electric or hybrid vehicles are not preferred by masses. Even in metros, its hard to spot cars like Civic hybrid or the likes. While in Europe, these hybrid vehicles are very popular owing. I remember reading a review of the Tata Vista EV on some European website.
Even i doubt these reports of the Nano hybrid. If such a variant is launched, the price bracket will surely be widened.

Top Bottom