Nano Comes To Rescue Police in Congested Mumbai Roads!

Thread Starter #1
In order to do patrolling in small lanes and chasing criminals, the Mumbai Police might procure Tata Nano car. The police are doing a trial of the vehicle and are looking to the possibility of making it a part of the city police. According to the police sources, company officials had visited the office of Mumbai Police Commissioner on Monday and had proposed them usage of Nano car, after which the police had kept one car within the commissioner office to examine its efficiency.

“We use motorcycles to do patrolling in narrow lanes in the city. However, Nano car has more than one advantage, while it takes less parking space as compared to other Sedan cars, it can replace bikes as far as doing night patrolling is concerned and weapons can also be stored in the duct of the car,” said a senior police officers, He added that, the police have kept one Nano car within the city police headquarters for a day and are still examining whether it can be used by the force. “Nothing has been finalised yet on the procurement of Nano car by the police,” said the officer.

Source:
First look: In congested Mumbai, Nano comes to cops rescue - Mumbai - DNA

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: In congested Mumbai, Nano comes to Mumbai Police rescue: First look

This is a good move and congested cities like Mumbai, Delhi etc should go this way. Thanks for sharing.

:lol!: imagine criminals running away in mercedes on highway and cops chasing them behind in nano!!

Imagine criminals ramming the Cop Nano off the road with their get away big car, like an Ambassador or a Jeep.

lol this is funnier dude..why india always has pathetic police cars?? [frustration]
I've seen Cop Accents with bar lights and the works with the T.N Police. Was a great idea and I believe Hyundai donated them to the Force. Some good 17Bhp plus bikes were better than the Nano idea if they wanted to dodge and hunt someone on the run in heavy traffic!

Well friends, if New york police can use three wheelers to patrol and follow up vehicles , Nano is much better and stable . Utilization of this car need not be to chase a fast car like mercedes ,but as stated above for narrow lanes and in any weather.
We must consider the improvement for the policemen who are exposed to weather and criminals while patrolling in bikes.Moreover nano can carry more people or goods (baton/shields/weapon) compared to a bike.

I've seen Cop Accents with bar lights and the works with the T.N Police. Was a great idea and I believe Hyundai donated them to the Force. Some good 17Bhp plus bikes were better than the Nano idea if they wanted to dodge and hunt someone on the run in heavy traffic!
I think,we have Karizmas(White,I think) for the police forces in Kerala.
But its only few in numbers.

Seems like the cops are getting new age quality rides than the normal citizens.The Nano plan is good for congested roads in Mumbai.

In Bangalore,Traffic police use Pulsar 200 for patrolling.
Chevy Tavera For interceptor.
R.T.O still uses Old Force Trax or Sumo Victas

Mahindra Bolero Plus for patrol(Called Hoysala).The higher level of them use Scorpio LX and Bolero LX.

Re: In Congested Mumbai, Nano Comes to Mumbai Police Rescue!

Great move by Mumbai Police. Italy has Lamborghini and we have Nano. ;P

Last edited by a moderator:

Well i would say good move and +1 to carabiker.

@ Jalex Yes Hyundai donated the Accent's to the traffic police department at Chennai some years back. If i remember correctly it was done mainly to dispose off the unsold cars to make way either for Verna or a refreshed Accent.

It's not the power but the size which gives the Nano an advantage. I don't know some of you find it funny. It's better than the splendors or other bikes. BTW years ago the Goa police had RD350's for patrolling.

There used to be RD350s with the Cochin City Police a some two decades back. Now thats what I call a real cop bike. I myself was a little bit afraid of the cops on TVS Fieros while I was a student in Bangalore.

Well friends, if New york police can use three wheelers to patrol and follow up vehicles , Nano is much better and stable . Utilization of this car need not be to chase a fast car like mercedes ,but as stated above for narrow lanes and in any weather.
We must consider the improvement for the policemen who are exposed to weather and criminals while patrolling in bikes.Moreover nano can carry more people or goods (baton/shields/weapon) compared to a bike.
Cops in the NYPD even use bicycles for patrol vehicles. And the usual weapons cops carry in India are a challan book, a Baton and thats about it.

The reason why I'm saying cops need better powered four wheelers and bikes is cause that itself makes it a deterrent for offenders as they fear they might be caught even if they run.

I dont know about others but a shiver used to go down my spine as an eighteen year old on an RX100 when I'd see a cop on an RD350. I wouldn't dare pull a stunt or do a traffic signal drag no matter how tempting it was then.

A 'tuned for performance' Nano cars will be nice for police.

A 'tuned for performance' Nano cars will be nice for police.
Hahaha thats funny[lol] If they try to tune it, it might blow up. Its already went up in flames as a result of owners getting ICE fitted form outside says the company.

Top Bottom