Names of Cars and Bikes Kept After Animals

Re: Cars Named After Animals!!

Yeti. hmmm.[thinking].
Yes,as much I remember,Yeti is a mythical dragon type animal which lives in water,I mean something which has the mouth of a dragon,body of a snake with fins on it.
Example:If anyone has seen a cartoon called 'pokemon' on cartoon network then there was a pokemon called 'gyarados' in it,it looked like this myth called 'Yeti' :biggrin:
Nope according to hindus of India, Yeti (pronounced Yati) is an epic and holy creature that dwells in Himalays and worships the all mighty "Hari".It is often used as synonym of Lord Hanuman.

But in Europe and USA 'Yeti' is a hairy ape like creature known colloquially as "Big Foot".

Here are few animal name derived cars/bikes that I can remember:

1. VW Tiguan( Tiger+ Iguana).

2. Honda Blackbird .It has Amazing story of Hayabusa(japenese hawk) hunting blackbird(another japenese bird) and Suzuki naming their fastest bike just that.Symbolical of annihilating Honda BB which it just did.

3 .Scorpio.

4. Manza(means steer in Italian).

5.And how can I forget it, its my daily ride Honda Unicorn( one horned mythical horse)symbolical of being India's first mass production mono-suspension bike.

So guys how did you like my collection.[:)]

Well,here are some more names..

Fiat PANDA
Lamborghini Murceilago:Murceilago means 'BAT' in Spanish.
Lamborghini Aventador:Aventador means very strong bull in Spanish.

Re: Cars Named After Animals!!

Nope according to hindus of India, Yeti (pronounced Yati) is an epic and holy creature that dwells in Himalays and worships the all mighty "Hari".It is often used as synonym of Lord Hanuman.

But in Europe and USA 'Yeti' is a hairy ape like creature known colloquially as "Big Foot".
Big foot is totally different than Yeti,Big foot is an hairy ape and walks upright like us humans but Yeti has dwarf personality.

What about Lamborghini Murciélago & Aventador?

Lamborghini Murciélago

In a continuation of Lamborghini's tradition of naming its cars after stars from the world of bullfighting, the Murciélago was named for a fighting bull that survived 24 sword strokes in an 1879 fight against Rafael "El Lagartijo" Molina Sánchez, at the Coso de los califas bullring in Córdoba, Spain. Murciélago fought with such passion and spirit that the matador chose to spare its life, a rare honor. The bull, which came from Joaquin del Val di Navarra's farm, was later presented as a gift to Don Antonio Miura, a noted local breeder; thus began the famed Miura line of fighting bulls, and the name for one of Lamborghini's greatest designs.

white_lamborghini_murcielago-1152x864.jpg

Lamborghini Aventador
In keeping with Lamborghini tradition, the Aventador is named after a bull. The Aventador was a bull that fought particularly valiantly in the bull ring of Saragossa, Spain in 1993

2012_lamborghini_aventador_lp700_4_off.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lamborghini Islero,named after Islero a Miura bull that killed matador Manuel Rodriguez Manolete.
Lamborghini Urraco after a breed of bulls.
Lamborghini Jalpa after Jalpa Kandachia breed of fighting bulls.
Lamborghini Miura and Gallardo,both breeds of fighting bulls.
But of late they seem to have to run out of beautiful names.

350Z

Core Team
There has been a car called Lamborghini 'Reventon'. Can anyone tell mew what Reventon means?
Just like other Lamborghinis, Reventon is also named after a fighting bull. Here’s full information from Wikipedia.
The Reventón is named for a fighting bull, in line with Lamborghini tradition. The bull, raised by the Sihota family, was best known for killing famed Mexican bullfighter Félix Guzmán in 1943. Reventón means "Small Explosion" or "burst" in Spanish, when used as a noun. In the vernacular, it is also used to define a very large party or a night in town. In automotive terms, it means "blowout, flat tire" when used as a noun. When it was used as the name of a bull, however, it was intended to be interpreted as an adjective, a quality or property of that bull in particular. In this last sense, Reventón means "he who seems to be about to burst".
Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom