My Zen Estilo Vxi

Thread Starter #1
The date 27th March 2008 is still fresh in my mind.It was the delivery date of our new Pearl Silver Zen Estilo Vxi.But on 15th march it was a different story,me and my dad had decided to go in for the wagonR.My dad wasn't happy with the WagonR as it has a low seating position as compared to our old car the Omni.Suddenly my brother suggested the Estilo one TD and my dad liked it,the riding position was the same and the width of the car was almost the same.(width was the reason the Swift was striked of the list).Booked the car on the 20th of march.
My first opinion:-This car definately looks different.

The Estilo sports the same engine as the Wagon R which is a 1.1 litre 32X4 hypertech engine.But it was tweeked for better performance and fuel efficiency.
The specs for the engine are as follows:
* 1061cc
* 64.8ps
* 84Nm,
* 4-cylinder
* 16-valve
* MPFI F10D Petrol

Exteriors-Estilo definately looks much better than the WagonR.The front end does it aerodynamic part by reducing the drag/wind resistance.
Overall a funny car to be looking at.

Interiors-Full beige as it is a Vxi.I loved the interiors because i was bored of the grey interiors of our Omni.Next thing to be noticed is definately the dashboard ITS HUGE!!!!.Maruti has maximized the cabin by engulfing the engine.Getting in/out is a breeze no problems for people of any age.Though the car is bit taller than the old Zen but it is smaller when compared to Wagon R but that certainly doesn’t translate into lower headroom for the driver.Front seats are great but really closely placed.When the front passenger seat is slided all the way to the front the gearstick scrapes the seats hence shifting is a problem.I have recently had many problems while changing gears,most of the times it was tough to engage it in 2/3 gear.

Fuel Effiency-Maruti claims that it should give about 14-15 in the city and 16-18 on the highway.My car only gives 11 overall all thanks to my sunsign being the same as Schumi(you know what I mean)[lol!]

Drivability
- An awesome urban vehicle,the low torque ECU mapping has helped the pickup and a headstart on every signal is what you get in this car.
Parking it is very simple all because of the wonderful EPS.The suspension setup is great too(the rear is a bit soft for my taste).

The car does feel short of breath on the highways.Max speed I've managed is 140Kmph at the Mumbai-Pune Expressway entry(Just drove for 2 kms then took a U turn over the divider.[stupid])
The accelerator is very responsive at about 2500-3000 Rpm producing a max torque of 84 Nm at 3500 rpm and maximum power of 64.8Ps at 6200rpm.

At 4000rpm the engine noise is pretty much audible and i just love the way it sounds.I redline it most of the time but it never complains.

The 3rd Service is due in 2 days will update you guys soon.

Here are Some Pics of my car

Congrats on ur car.
The car does feel short of breath on the highways.Max speed I've managed is 140Kmph at the Mumbai-Pune Expressway entry(Just drove for 2 kms then took a U turn over the divider.[stupid])
Get her a cold air intake.[lol!] And you went to expressway just to make a speed test?[shock]

a very nice & precise review buddy.

but the above action is not good considering the speeds at which cars travel in that express highway. you could have easily posed a threat to yourself as well as others.

i understand you would have been extremely cautious though.

Arun

Suspended
a very nice & precise review buddy.

i understand you would have been extremely cautious though.
He took the car early in the morning to his college and missed out the Panvel exit as far as he told me.

He is an extremely cautious driver but pushes this little tot to the limit every time we hit the highway[frustration].No wonder the car has begun to sound like a jet now!! You'll need to hear it yourself to believe it!About the fuel efficiency, the car has been pampered with fuel the way i describe it.Earlier the car would be stationary (switched on) for around 2 hours with the air conditioner on.I think the engine is one pampered baby!
That is why it will be on a diet now(thinner wallets are a major problem now).[evil]

More about the car will be coming up from my side!!

Keep burning asphalt!!

Arun.

Last edited:
Nice Review Renegade !

Just Frank & straight to point :)

Great that you love your car & Post your 3rd Service feedback :)

Nice review Renegade. Seems like you are enjoying every bit of the car.

I too feel that the rear suspension of most Marutis are touch soft.

Arun

Suspended
good review buddy. arun better learn to drive if you still do not know. and take the position of your bro
I am only 16 dude!! I can drive but am not allowed to do that legally!
Addy does allow me to drive under his supervision.

Any one who is willing to risk their beloved cars for teaching me how to drive are invited!! [stupid]

Nice review Renegade. Seems like you are enjoying every bit of the car.

I too feel that the rear suspension of most Marutis are touch soft.
Its not only maruti CC, even Hyundai have started putting soft suspension at rear to get the feel of luxury car (like) in Highways.

But please consider City Drivings tooo :(

Its really miserable even when you leave your car in small path hole :(

Arun

Suspended
ok arun. its just 2 years ahead for you to get a driving license. that's not such a long wait. just wait and then you can allow your bro to drive under your supervision.[lol] [evil]
Hehe!
I don't mind!!
No one willing to give their rides ? [cry]

Top Bottom