My White Lightning - Honda City S MT

Thread Starter #76
Changed headlight bulbs to Philips X-treme Vision yesterday when I got my car serviced. My initial observation is that there is an overall improvement in night vision in terms of light intensity, area covered and length of beam.

Hi MBT

A lil late but congrats on your city

It is a truly world class and global product with no room for compromised safety

White looks stunning and the pics in the Gujarat sun have come out superb [:)]

I am the son in law of your state and i manage to come to Gujarat very frequently

1 thing in Gujarat that amazes me is that 90% of cars are in White colors!!

But after travelling to Gujarat, i can now understand the reason behind it

Anyway - Honda city and Honda products are my Fav back in India [glasses]

Thread Starter #78
Thank you Ankx. I believe you are an indian married to a gujarati girl and currently staying in brazil and you come to gujarat often.

By the way, what is your logic for there being so many white cars in gujarat?

Thread Starter #79
Went to Mt Abu with family recently. One-way distance was around 550 km including 26 km of ghats. Reached in 8.5 hours with some spirited driving. Took breaks for breakfast (20 minutes) and lunch (45 minutes). Top speed = 150 kmph. Mileage = 16 kmpl.

Return journey took almost 10 hours since I was driving at much slower speed. Top speed = 120 kmph. Mileage = 18 kmpl.

Last edited:
Went to Mt Abu with family recently. One-way distance was around 550 km including 26 km of ghats. Reached in 8.5 hours with some spirited driving. Took breaks for breakfast (20 minutes) and lunch (45 minutes). Top speed = 150 kmph. Mileage = 16 kmpl.

Return journey took almost 10 hours since I was driving at much slower speed. Top speed = 120 kmph. Mileage = 18 kmpl.
Nice update mate,decent mileage, i haven't been to the places that you have mentioned, but just a newbie question, were you able to tackle the GC issue with your car that said you've been to hilly areas?

Million dollar question: Photos with [:D]please

Thread Starter #82
Nice update mate,decent mileage, i haven't been to the places that you have mentioned, but just a newbie question, were you able to tackle the GC issue with your car that said you've been to hilly areas?

Million dollar question: Photos with [:D]please
Sorry, Vishwas, I could not reply earlier as I was away for official work with limited access to internet.

As you may be aware, my car is the pre-facelift version having 160 mm GC. It scrapped 2 big speed breakers on the way to Mt. Abu however it was on the plains and not in hilly areas. No problem with normal speed breakers. The fact that we were 4 people in the car with lot of luggage in the boot also contributed to scrapping.

I am sure that this problem would have been resolved after the face lifted model was launched in January 2012 with 165 mm GC.

Thread Starter #83
Hello friends.

As you may be knowing, it is raining heavily in Gujarat since past few days. While returning home from work last evening, I had to drive through some water logged areas. The water was knee deep at some places. I somehow managed to get home without car stalling. But, when I got down from my car, I noticed that 3 out of 4 wheel caps are distorted!! This happened due to water force. No other damage to car, fortunately.

Any ideas if they can be fixed or I will have to buy new caps?

Attachments

new caps :frown the only option.!! I just booked a HONDA CITY CE just need some information regarding the electrical warranty-- is it necessary to get the ICE from Honda dealership or can i buy it from local store and the fitment can be done in Honda dealership??

Last edited:
Thread Starter #85
Congratulations [:)].

I have the 2011 SMT which came with stock ICE. From what I have read on various forums, there should not be any issues with electrical warranty as long as original wiring is not cut for installation of ICE. However, to be on the safer side, it will be better to get it done from dealer.

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Dear mbt_india

I feel the water flow had made to lose out the grip of holders and while you were running the protruded wheel caps, the water flow/current & some path holes would have created impact on the shape. Remove, clean and insolate or use a good industrial drier, try to reshape while they are warm. If still not good, purchase new ones, which will cost you Approx. Rs.2500 for four. But I would advise you, checkup with any known person at the dealer office, you can get the brand new ones for a cheaper price, which people left there while changing to alloys.
I have an ANHC 2013 Model and I found my wheel caps are not very tight and they are little moveable. I think that would be the design for to be flexible in case of mild impact. I checked up with some new cars. I found the same.

BTW, I would invite you to my new thread wherein I assure you, you would find it something interesting & different.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/14219-my-new-honda-city-white-albus.html

Last edited:
Thread Starter #88
Thank you mbt_india for your endearing welcome & wishes. Regarding wheel caps::: do you think this might be due to water force??
Improper fitting of wheel cap by mechanic when he opened wheels during routine servicing check may have been partially responsible but trigger was definitely water force.

Thread Starter #89
@Dr MUDHAN, Thank you for your valuable inputs. The distance from my office to residence is just 2.5 km and the road is in good condition without any pot holes so I would rule out potholes having any role in this. But I agree with the rest of your assessment.

Latest update is that the distorted wheel caps are fixed by local garage but some distortion is clearly visible and the mechanic says that they may deform again. Plan to buy new wheel caps when I go to authorised service centre for next service (service centre is 124 km away from my residence).

I will surely go through your thread where I am sure I will find lot of interesting stuff.

Top Bottom