My White Lightning - Honda City S MT

Thread Starter #31
Recently went on a long drive in my White Lightning.

Route was Jamnagar - Baroda - Surat - Saputara - Baroda - Jamnagar. Covered a total distance of 1457 km which included about 5% city and 95% highway driving (with AC on all the time).

I drove alone in the first leg i.e. from Jamnagar to Baroda. Got a mileage of 18.7 kmpl.

My family (Wife + 2 kids), who was already vacationing in Baroda, joined me from Baroda. On the way from Baroda to Surat, mileage went down significantly, probably due to increase in weight of passengers and luggage. Boot was packed with luggage. Got mileage of 17.5 kmpl. On the way from Surat to Saputara, mileage went down further to 16.9 kmpl due to uphill slope and winding roads (Ghats) for about 50 km.

On the return journey, mileage increased. Overall, I got a mileage of 17.3 kmpl.

This was the first time I crossed speed of 100 kmph. Till now, I was restricting my speed below 100 kmph to ensure proper running-in. This time, I went upto 140 kmph on stretches. [clap]

Last edited:
@Dr_Sachin:
I think we people can form a club called "City saved our life".
Honda is amongst my hot favorite cars any day.In fact,no doubt that this car is simply fantastic,very smart packaging and hence gives everything one may need in his/her car.

Honda city is the car owned by my best friend,in fact he was addicted to the City after he owned his first City and after that we had a City 2003 V-Tec,2005 V-Tec,2007 V-Tec and 2009 i-vTec and at last a 2011 i-vtec after we lost our 2009 i-tec in a road accdient on the midnight of 26th july 2011.From that time,I owe it to the City to save our lives.And after that friend asked me which car to buy and I simply said "Only a City can replace a City" and again a Honda City(used-Feb 2011)entered our turf.
I think I can write a review of that car in free time...[:)]

@MBT:
So how is City doing now?
How about 2-3 latest pics?

Last edited:
Hey mbt_india,tsivipul and friends,
i want to put fog lamps on my city2012 smt model,honda people asking for 22000,and a car accessory shop owner selling me a pair for 6000(told me that he is arranging it from delhi for me and these are imported ones,some dallas or something like that company),and he is saying that they will work fine and most honda city users are using them.
what should i do??go for it or give honda people 22000rs[confused][confused](i don't want to give this much),because i definitely need them,as fog is very much annoying here in winters,and i already lost one due to poor visibility.
please reply soon,thanks in advance.

@dr sachin.

I got fog lamps installed on my fiesta (2009 model) from a ford authorized service center at an overall cost of 3500, including light switch change. Dealer said that after market would cost less but can hamper the car electrical.

I think 22k is exorbitantly high which is also pulling up the aftermarket price to 6 k.
Fog lamp is a fog lamp after all [;)]

@dr sachin.

I got fog lamps installed on my fiesta (2009 model) from a ford authorized service center at an overall cost of 3500, including light switch change. Dealer said that after market would cost less but can hamper the car electrical.

I think 22k is exorbitantly high which is also pulling up the aftermarket price to 6 k.
Fog lamp is a fog lamp after all [;)]
THANKS madaneeraj for such a quick response.
is it just rs 3500 or is it 35000??
i have talked to a honda sales guy and he will arrange the fitments to be done at honda,so no worry about warranty issue.i just have to purchase and give it to him.i am not sure about buying from accessory shop,(this shop owner is one of the reputed shop here for last 15-20 years),as he is not giving me hella,bosch,philips,osram(the names i came to know through the forums)but giving something else.

THANKS madaneeraj for such a quick response.
is it just rs 3500 or is it 35000??
i have talked to a honda sales guy and he will arrange the fitments to be done at honda,so no worry about warranty issue.i just have to purchase and give it to him.i am not sure about buying from accessory shop,(this shop owner is one of the reputed shop here for last 15-20 years),as he is not giving me hella,bosch,philips,osram(the names i came to know through the forums)but giving something else.
it's 3500 only mate and that too from ford service center.
Just checked, You can order it on ebay, i believe you can get it for as low as 20$

Thread Starter #37
Hey mbt_india,tsivipul and friends,
i want to put fog lamps on my city2012 smt model,honda people asking for 22000,and a car accessory shop owner selling me a pair for 6000(told me that he is arranging it from delhi for me and these are imported ones,some dallas or something like that company),and he is saying that they will work fine and most honda city users are using them.
what should i do??go for it or give honda people 22000rs[confused][confused](i don't want to give this much),because i definitely need them,as fog is very much annoying here in winters,and i already lost one due to poor visibility.
please reply soon,thanks in advance.
@dr_sachin: Sorry, I could not respond earlier as I had gone out for office work. I have no idea about cost of fog lamps for Honda City. I live in a place where fog is not an issue except for a few days in winter. So, for me, it is not a "must have" feature and I never bothered much about it.

22k for fog lamps is surely exorbitant.

Thread Starter #38
Attaching a recent snap of my 2011 Honda City SMT and my colleague's new 2012 Honda City VMT for viewing changes in exterior, especially the front bumper.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #39
Got my white lightning serviced today. It was the 3rd & last free service scheduled at 6 months or 10,000 km, whichever is earlier. Engine oil and oil filter was changed. Total cost was Rs. 1316/- (only material cost, labour was free).

I was not charged anything during the 1st & 2nd free service. Engine oil was not changed during the 2nd free service (as adviced by dealer's service engineer) as my car had run only 1600 km.

hi mbt_india,
i have a question.i yesterday installed parking sensors from honda dealership for 8500 rs,including a screen and 4 sensors.today evening while i was reversing,the sensors showed nothing and i touched our gate and then had a deep scratch mark on my rear bumper and then it started to beep like hell and showing STOP signal.i am really upset with this thing.i want to know that is this a normal thing to get so much delayed response from sensors or there is definitely a malfunction and i should take it seriously to honda dealer.i was reversing very-very slowly at that time.

^^Buddy what was your reversing speed?
At high speed reversing parking sensors seems to be a bit confused.

Rest,if the speed was lower then get it checked.

Advice:Always use Sensors+ORVMs for perfect reversing.

@TSIVipul,
I was reversing at very very slow speed,i was taking out the car from our porch.i never touched my car when i had nothing,but today when i had genuine parking sensors and i was a bit tensionfree,this thing happened.I just feel that if i have a gun then i would[gun] honda accessory guy.

^^I hope your gate is not very much edgy and is not made up of thin metal rods.
Why?Because parking sensors tends to malfunction quite a bit in case of edgy surfaces.

Thread Starter #44
hi mbt_india,
i have a question.i yesterday installed parking sensors from honda dealership for 8500 rs,including a screen and 4 sensors.today evening while i was reversing,the sensors showed nothing and i touched our gate and then had a deep scratch mark on my rear bumper and then it started to beep like hell and showing STOP signal.i am really upset with this thing.i want to know that is this a normal thing to get so much delayed response from sensors or there is definitely a malfunction and i should take it seriously to honda dealer.i was reversing very-very slowly at that time.
Sorry to hear about the incident. You should go ahead and complain to the dealer.

I have had no problems with the rear parking sensors (with 4 eyes) installed in my car by Honda dealer except that it cannot sense obstacles at low height (below the sensor eye level). It came as a freebie from dealer and is the basic version which gives only beeps (there is no voice message or screen). As such, I depend a lot on ORVMs while reversing.

350Z

Core Team
Attaching a recent snap of my 2011 Honda City SMT and my colleague's new 2012 Honda City VMT for viewing changes in exterior, especially the front bumper.
My neighbors have bought a New Honda City in Carnelian Red Pearl. Due to excessive use of chrome, it doesn’t look appealing at all unlike in the images. Pre-refresh version looks much sophisticated to me.

Your dealer charged too much for the parking sensors at first place. Either the installation isn’t proper or the unit is malfunctioned. Please insist for a replacement and remember not to rely solely on the parking sensors for reversing. Always turn back or keep a check through inside rear view mirror.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom