My White Lightning - Honda City S MT

Thread Starter #16
Congrats Buddy, City has been the bechmark for a decade now...your FE figures are too good considering the fact that th citys got a bigger 1.5 ivtec engine. I recently got a mx FE of 19km/lt in my new jazz which has a 1.2lt engine. So your FE figures are even better I must say...

Cheers
jazzy
Thank you, Jazzy.

The ARAI mileage of both Honda Jazz and pre-facelift Honda City are same at 16.7 kmpl although City has a more powerful engine.

However, the facelifted Honda City's ARAI mileage is 16.8 kmpl although there is no change in engine and transmission [surprise]. Guess it is something to with the new bumper design (more aerodynamic?)[confused]

The ARAI mileage of both Honda Jazz and pre-facelift Honda City are same at 16.7 kmpl although City has a more powerful engine.

However, the facelifted Honda City's ARAI mileage is 16.8 kmpl although there is no change in engine and transmission [surprise]. Guess it is something to with the new bumper design (more aerodynamic?)[confused]
Well,I have a small experience with City of somewhere north of 15k kms.And as per my experience with i-vtec I believe that City delivers somewhere about:-
8-10 kpl in extremely dense traffic.
10-14 kpl in general City traffic.
14-16 kpl on quite open roads.
16-20 kpl on highways.
20-21 kpl if driven with alight foot on an open highway in lesstraffic and speed being 80-90-100 kph max.And yes,point to remember:The FE of Honda i-vtec dips below 80 kph,you won't get anything higher than 15-16 kpl.Why?Because this engine needs to be kept above 2.5-3k rpm for optimum FE.

I don't know about others,but what I know is that I myself have attained these figures in a City.

And at last 6-7 kpl max on open highways while pressing on the gas and doing 150+ speeds.

:offtopic:And hence I can conclude that City is still not a true blue driver's car,while my Laura still gives a respectable 10+ kpl whatever way you drive it.

lxi.

Suspended
Yes, TSIVipul, My city also does the same. 10-14.3 in City, Light traffic. And in open highways- it easily shows 16-18kmpl!

Thread Starter #21
During the running-in period (first 1000 km), I did not exceed 2.5k rpm and drove at a steady speed of around 80 kmph in 5th gear on highway. Even after the first 1000 km were completed, I have gone up to maximum 100 kmph on highway. Also, I did not use the AC much as it was winter. Now that it has started getting warmer, I have started using AC more often and expect the mileage to come down a notch.

Planning to go on a long drive with family after 16th March once kids' exams get over [drive].

During the running-in period (first 1000 km), I did not exceed 2.5k rpm and drove at a steady speed of around 80 kmph in 5th gear on highway. Even after the first 1000 km were completed, I have gone up to maximum 100 kmph on highway. Also, I did not use the AC much as it was winter. Now that it has started getting warmer, I have started using AC more often and expect the mileage to come down a notch.
Well that's good, did you check the FE figures while testing it in the highways especially after 1000 kms?

Planning to go on a long drive with family after 16th March once kids' exams get over [drive].
Happy Journey, please do update you T-LOG after the journey is over. Drive safe[:)]

@mbt_india
my best wishes for your white lightning.
me too had a white city smt,purchased on 16th dec 2011,loved it like you love your one,but unfortunately it met with an accident on 18th march 2012.
as you said i was also concerned about the safety and thats why gone for honda city(huge reputation for being a safe car),and she din't failed me.i was alone(god's grace)and was wearing seat belts at the time of crash(~100kmph on highway),she saved me with just few scratches but she was gone(~65% damaged).everybody advised me to not to use the repaired car so i settled for cash loss.my insurance claim is yet to be settled,but we(my 2yr old daughter and me) missed her so much(got emotionally attached),that i purchased a new one on 22nd may(no discounts whatsoever).same colour,same model(white honda city smt),feels like she is back in family.
what i can say right now that i personally feel that while investing a whole lot of money(as per our budgets) we should go for the best(esp.safety),and must always wear seat belts while driving.you never know when they can really save you like they saved me.
thanks to god and thanks to honda engineers.

@mbt_india
me too had a white city smt,purchased on 16th dec 2011,loved it like you love your one,but unfortunately it met with an accident on 18th march 2012.
as you said i was also concerned about the safety and thats why gone for honda city(huge reputation for being a safe car),and she din't failed me.i was alone(god's grace)and was wearing seat belts at the time of crash(~100kmph on highway),she saved me with just few scratches but she was gone(~65% damaged).everybody advised me to not to use the repaired car so i settled for cash loss.my insurance claim is yet to be settled,but we(my 2yr old daughter and me) missed her so much(got emotionally attached),that i purchased a new one on 22nd may(no discounts whatsoever).same colour,same model(white honda city smt),feels like she is back in family.
what i can say right now that i personally feel that while investing a whole lot of money(as per our budgets) we should go for the best(esp.safety),and must always wear seat belts while driving.you never know when they can really save you like they saved me.
Its heartening to hear all is safe and well at your end and i greatly appreciate the fact you conclude saying that one shouldnt compromise on safety !

There have been numerous posts on this forum when people say i dont need airbags i drive in the city or the price difference for airbags/abs is too much. But the reality is the price difference is never more than you and your dear ones lives.

Safe driving and enjoy your new ride!!

Thread Starter #26
@mbt_india
Felt sad reading about your accident and extent of damage to the car.

At the same time, I am glad that you managed to get away without any major injury. I hope all prospective buyers take an example from your experience and consider buying cars with safety features like ABS and Airbags.

Please accept my congratulations and best wishes for your new ride. [:)]

Thanks a lot mbt_india for your wishes
well,about FE,my 2011 city gave me ~17kmpl overall with 60:40 city:highway ride,not used much of ac.once i have gone to delhi in my old city(2011 model)from my place and back,around 700 kms and used ac for most of the time,at that time i got 19.6 overall on that trip.that was my best figure.
i have driven my new city for 160 kms till now with ac and now its showing 12.4.i am pretty satisfied with it,but i feel my new car's(2012 model) ac and music system is not as good as previous one (2011 model)was.
one more thing i noticed is that new model is a little bit more noisy.[thinking]
does anyone think i am right or is it just my subjective feeling?????

Last edited:
Really great mileage !! Waiting for the day I will own one(which is a bit too far away [lol])

Still I wonder why the smaller brio doesnt return this mileage [frustration] Theoretically it should return more !!

Thread Starter #30
Really great mileage !! Waiting for the day I will own one(which is a bit too far away [lol])

Still I wonder why the smaller brio doesnt return this mileage [frustration] Theoretically it should return more !!
One of my colleague has bought Brio recently. He claims to get mileage of 18 kmpl overall (50 highway + 50% city). What is the mileage you are getting?

Top Bottom