My White Lightning - Honda City S MT

Thread Starter #61
Thanx man,but the listing is a bit confusing that whether the package has a pair or is it a single piece,means do i have to order two pieces separately and pay a total of 2400rs or if i order one then i will get a pair for 1200rs.??
Do you have any idea?
It is Rs. 1199 for 2 PCs as mentioned in web page. However, I suggest you ask the seller to confirm this so that there are no issues at a later date.

In case you want to buy online, there is another website which you can try. Price on this website is Rs. 600 per bulb. No idea about shipping charges. I am sharing the link below.

Philips - Headlamp - H4 12342 XV 12V 60/55W P43t-38* B1

Last edited:
Well guys,though I don't know very much about it but still as much I remember,these high wattage bulbs etc generally end up spoiling the reflectors.So take care of it before installing them.
Instead the LED/HIDs are on the safer side when it comes to the reflectors.So I still recommend HIDs only,they offer better visibility and have a longer life too.

Thread Starter #63
Well guys,though I don't know very much about it but still as much I remember,these high wattage bulbs etc generally end up spoiling the reflectors.So take care of it before installing them.
Instead the LED/HIDs are on the safer side when it comes to the reflectors.So I still recommend HIDs only,they offer better visibility and have a longer life too.
Appreciate your concern but Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs are of same specifications as stock bulbs so they will not spoil the reflectors or void the electrical warranty. [thumbswink]

@tsivipul
You are absolutely right but the problem is that we are at a place where nobody is familiar with projector job and when i ask them they just stare at me as if i have come from another planet or i am too oversmart to tell them the thing that even they don't know[frustration].Here few accessory shop guys are telling me to install hids without any projectors and saying that there will not be any issues,but i just don't trust them.
So we can just go for a bulb replacement and nothing else,and that is why i asked you about the HIDs details of your friend as he is having no issues so i will just go to honda dealer and tell them to install the same thing(even though they too are dumb heads but if i involve HONDA in between then i will be safe)
Well its good to see a honda city as your avatar.[:)]

@MBT:
Then they are the way to go.
BTW,I am still waiting for our Ilango to come online to give a perfect advise.

@tsivipul
You are absolutely right but the problem is that we are at a place where nobody is familiar with projector job and when i ask them they just stare at me as if i have come from another planet or i am too oversmart to tell them the thing that even they don't know.Here few accessory shop guys are telling me to install hids without any projectors and saying that there will not be any issues,but i just don't trust them.
So we can just go for a bulb replacement and nothing else,and that is why i asked you about the HIDs details of your friend as he is having no issues so i will just go to honda dealer and tell them to install the same thing(even though they too are dumb heads but if i involve HONDA in between then i will be safe)
Well its good to see a honda city as your avatar.
Hehe,buddy I'd instead advise you to hold on for some more time and get the HID installation job done on your car whenever you visit Delhi or Noida.Till then you can save enough cash to get good projectors,LEDs etc etc whatever you want.
Rest,I am not against these bulbs too,if the rating is same then no issue at all.

Last edited:
Hope i missed this thread for long , thanks vipul for pm

First congratulations for the cars.

Any upgrade than stock in headlight need care.

In any upgrade there is no wire cut - peace of mind.

If HID , go for branded one like Philips.
I had one customer who ditched Philips HID for Chinese HID saying that is more bright. More bright , is more irritating to opposite cars.

Remember , the stock is sufficient for night driving , rest other than that upgrade is done since we believe we dont see anything - we want a day like lighting on road - you have to fix day lights used in cinema's

The 100/90 is good upgrade and should be used with relay.
Though its healthy to use , remember it fades the doom with high heats etc. the doom fades , and the car's eye looks dull.

For projector , there are lot of modifiers who does on sending your head lamp to them , or will send you a new pair with stock head lamp.

Thread Starter #67
ilango[speed thirst];177570 said:
Hope i missed this thread for long , thanks vipul for pm

First congratulations for the cars.

Any upgrade than stock in headlight need care.

In any upgrade there is no wire cut - peace of mind.

If HID , go for branded one like Philips.
I had one customer who ditched Philips HID for Chinese HID saying that is more bright. More bright , is more irritating to opposite cars.

Remember , the stock is sufficient for night driving , rest other than that upgrade is done since we believe we dont see anything - we want a day like lighting on road - you have to fix day lights used in cinema's

Though its healthy to use , remember it fades the doom with high heats etc. the doom fades , and the car's eye looks dull.

For projector , there are lot of modifiers who does on sending your head lamp to them , or will send you a new pair with stock head lamp.
Thanks, ilango. I will be going for Philips Xtreme Vision H4 60/55W 12V. Philips claims that these bulbs offer 100% more light compared to standard halogen bulbs. As these bulbs have the same rating/specifications as stock bulbs in Honda City, it will be just plug & play (No cutting of wires, installation of relay etc.). Also, it will not have any bad effect on reflectors and doom.

Last edited:
ilango[speed thirst];177570 said:

Thanks to tech-baba Ilango for coming up and solving the query.

Well,guys the highlighted part is what made me concern about those bulbs.
Though now you people know where to PM or put the query if needed.

Hi mbt_india,
just happened to have an almost empty tank with fuel needle at the lowermost point and the range showing 32kms with low fuel indicator light on.I went to the fuel pump and said to make it full tank,then i was surprised that it filled full with just 32 litres.Honda city fuel tank capacity is 42 litres according to specifications.I saw the fuel meter showing full tank and range 536 kms.
After this i drove the car a few kms and went again to petrolpump the next day,it filled just 2 litres and again became full.
I am confused that is the fuel tank only 32-35 litres capacity or there is something wrong with my car's tank or fuelgauge or fuel indicator?One more confusing thing was that the calculated range was according to 42 litres as my average shown at that time was approx.13-14.
Is this a problem or what??

Thread Starter #70
It seems the ongoing Olympics are motivating my White Lightning. It is getting better and better. Recently broke its previous mileage record of 20.3 kmpl by a big margin. Look at the snap below. [clap]

Attachments

Hi mbt_india, dr_sachin, TSIVipul,
I have booked a Honda City (EMT) which is likely to be delivered in the next few days. Since EMT does not come with factory fitted keyless entry, i am planning to go for Autocop/Scorpio security system from after market shop. I am convinced that there is technically no wire cutting involved in the installation process, but certain amount of wire chipping (the plastic part of the wire) and then taping the security device's wires to connect to the main power line. My query is would this void the warranty?
The dealer also installs the same product but charges almost double and then says that there is no wire cutting involved but onlyl coupler to coupler connection.

Congrats hakki for your city.
As far as honda is concerned,they will never allow you to get anything done out of the dealership.This is clearly written that tampering in any form will void the warranty terms.So i suggest you to get this thing done from a honda dealer(you can try with any dealer)because the warranty is extremely helpful if you experience any engine or related issues in near future.
I have also paid extra money for every accesssory that can cause tampering and believe me these few bucks are worth spending when warranty is an issue.
Rest is up to you to decide.

Thanks for your suggestion Dr Sachin. I have gone ahead and asked the Honda dealer to install the basic version of Autocop which according to them does not tamper any wiring.

Top Bottom