My White Lightning - Honda City S MT

hi mbt_india,
I am planning for stock headlight upgrade and deciding to replace them with philips 100/90 wattage bulbs.I don't have people doing good projector and hid stuff here so i have no other option.Accessory guy at honda is a total idiot,and telling me to have hids for 10000 rs,and that fool doesn't even know anything about projectors and when i asked that these hids will cause glare to the oncoming traffic and will disperse without projectors and also it will damage the stock holders and reflectors,he just denied everything and said nothing will happen,the light will be extremely good,no damage/blackening to stock reflectors and wires.
As far as i read on this thread and other forums that hids without projectors are useless in our honda city.
so what do you say?Have you done any upgrades to headlights??
I think you are also plannong to upgrade.

^^Buddy my friend also has got Philips HIDs installed on his City for 8.4k.
Although they are not as good as they are with projectors,but still they are doing quite well in the City,at least far better than the stock headlamps of the City which are really weak for this car.

So I'd say that if you can't get good projectors,then also you must get the HIDs and install the projectors whenever you go towards Delhi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #48
hi mbt_india,
I am planning for stock headlight upgrade and deciding to replace them with philips 100/90 wattage bulbs.I don't have people doing good projector and hid stuff here so i have no other option.Accessory guy at honda is a total idiot,and telling me to have hids for 10000 rs,and that fool doesn't even know anything about projectors and when i asked that these hids will cause glare to the oncoming traffic and will disperse without projectors and also it will damage the stock holders and reflectors,he just denied everything and said nothing will happen,the light will be extremely good,no damage/blackening to stock reflectors and wires.
As far as i read on this thread and other forums that hids without projectors are useless in our honda city.
so what do you say?Have you done any upgrades to headlights??
I think you are also plannong to upgrade.
@dr_sachin - I am planning to upgrade my city's head lamps to Philip Xtra Vision (H4 60/55W) in near future. This will not require any cutting of wires or other modifications/additions and will not void warranty. I have read mixed opinions about this bulb ranging from Average to Excellent but till I try it myself, I cannot comment on performance. Cost is around 1200 bucks for a pair.

I have had no experience with 100/90 bulbs but it seems most people are happy with their performance and cost. However, these bulbs will require cutting of wires for installation of relay and ceramic holders etc which may void warranty. I have also heard/read that life of stock reflectors gets reduced due to higher heat generated by these bulbs. Also, 100/90W bulbs are not street legal. I have 2 + 2 years extended warranty and my car is only 6/7 months old, hence I am not going for this option.

As you have rightly mentioned, HIDs without projectors will not be of much help so I won't suggest this option. You can get HIDs fitted together with projectors whenever you happen to travel to a place where projectors are available.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #49
My neighbors have bought a New Honda City in Carnelian Red Pearl. Due to excessive use of chrome, it doesn’t look appealing at all unlike in the images. Pre-refresh version looks much sophisticated to me.
I too feel that the pre-refresh version looks better. [:)]

@TSIVipul
So from how long that your friend has philips HID in his city?What is the specification of it so that i can tell the honda guy to fit exactly the same in my car too?Is there any issue with reflectors/wires getting blackened/damaged?I will be keeping this car for a real long time(minimum 7-8yrs),so i don't want anything that can trouble me in future.Is the HID,that your friend is using,white in colour?
@mbt_india
Are these PHILIPS Xtra vision or XTREME vision??
Are these bulbs not HIDs?
Don't we need any relays or anything for these?
Are these only bulbs that can be replaced in stock holders and we don't need anything else than the bulbs?
Do they give white light or yellow light?
Me too having 2+2 ext.warranty and 1 month old car and will be retaining it for a long time so i too don't wanna mess with it,but i really need good illumination.As i am living at a place where i don't have any option so i just have to look at the best AVAILABLE here and replacing bulbs only is the best available option(if they really solve our purpose).
Can i order them through internet on any site??

waiting for replies..

Thread Starter #51
@dr_sachin - I meant Philips Xtreme Vision but wrote Philips Xtra Vision by mistake. They are advanced halogen bulbs which Philips claim give 100% more light than standard halogen bulbs. As the specifications of the stock head lamps in Honda City and Philips Xtreme Vision is the same (H4 60/55W 12V), there is no need to do anything other than just changing the bulbs. They give yellow light. Please refer to link below for further details.

Philips Lighting India - X-tremeVision - Philips light&va=more light

Last edited:
@TSIVipul
So from how long that your friend has philips HID in his city?
Friend had HID in his old City for about 1 year and then in the second City for about 8 months.

What is the specification of it so that i can tell the honda guy to fit exactly the same in my car too?
I'll ask it to him and tell it to you soon,he also may not be knowing so I'll have to either check them myself or ask the dealer for that.

Is there any issue with reflectors/wires getting blackened/damaged?I will be keeping this car for a real long time(minimum 7-8yrs),so i don't want anything that can trouble me in future.
Till now there is no problem with the HIDs,but yes let me tell you that the dealer installed 2-3 more things with the HIDs.Rest I'd recommend you to seek for our 'tech. baba'-Ilango for more details.He can answer all your queries at its best.

Is the HID,that your friend is using,white in colour?
Yes,it is white only.

@TSIvipul
So this means that "tech baba-ilango" is the one i am searching till now in this world,and he is the one who will be giving "nirvana" to my car.[;)],and you are the guiding light.

I will definitely discuss with ilango.

HI Mbt, ur 2011 white city looks good than the 2012 one. lots of chrome on the car. old city looks bigger compared to the present one, old one looks really good.
some how i dint liked the new city face lift with changes in bumper and headlamp so that the front looks smaller.
Honda says they have added sportiness to the new city , but i feel old one was killer in terms of looks.

@TSIvipul
So this means that "tech baba-ilango" is the one i am searching till now in this world,and he is the one who will be giving "nirvana" to my car.[;)],and you are the guiding light.

I will definitely discuss with ilango.
Right you are,I have already sent him a PM to come up here and give you and your car a 'nirvana'.

I neither have any accessory shop owner having philips xtreme vision bulbs,nor any dealer of philips.There's no update from honda people too regarding my headlight upgrade.
Should i order these online?
mbt_india what you are up to?

Thread Starter #58
I neither have any accessory shop owner having philips xtreme vision bulbs,nor any dealer of philips.There's no update from honda people too regarding my headlight upgrade.
Should i order these online?
mbt_india what you are up to?
I am also facing the same problem. I inquired with some car accessories shops in Jamnagar. They stock standard halogen bulbs from Philips but are not aware about Philips Xtreme Vision. Even the Honda Service Advisor who attended to my car during 3rd free service was not aware of these bulbs.

Till some time back, these bulbs were listed for sale on ebay india but it seems the listing has been removed recently.

I am going to Mumbai next week for official work. Will try to get these bulbs from there.

Thread Starter #59
Thanx man,but the listing is a bit confusing that whether the package has a pair or is it a single piece,means do i have to order two pieces separately and pay a total of 2400rs or if i order one then i will get a pair for 1200rs.??
Do you have any idea?

Top Bottom