My White Beast: Tata Tiago XZ Diesel

Thread Starter #1
IMG_20180727_193518_420.jpg

this is our 4th tata car after 3 indicas. Before purchasing this beast we are very happy with our tata indica dlg turbo which is 2008 model and had clocked 1,32,000 km on odo. The car was still running very smooth and finely after 1,32,000 km. But my father wants to upgrade our indica with new car which have some modern features like steering mounted controls, electronically adjustable orvms , good music system, MID, etc. Our car running was 1500-2000 a month so we need a diesel car . So we got the delivery our beloved tiago on 28th April 2017.
Our budget was of 7 lakh so we consider these cars according to our budget-

1.hyundai grand i10- all the features we need in sportz variant on road price was 7,35,000.My dad was ready to extend budget for grand i10 . But lack of abs on sportz variant changed our views on grand i10.

2. Maruti baleno-my dad love this car look. But delta variant on road price was 8,00,000. And sigma variant was under our budget but it was very basic. So baleno ruled out from our list.

3.Tata Tiago -my dad went to tata showroom where he had seen tata tiago with which he fell in love . He take test drive of diesel tiago which won their heart .

All features we want in xz variant. My like the harman kardon music system very much.[/B]

Booking and delivery-
After selling our beloved tata indica on olx at the cost of 93000 rs . We went to tata motors showroom and booked tata tiago xz without alloy wheels on 1st April 2017. We got delivery of our car on 28th April 2017.

On road price in Amritsar of my car is 6,41,000. We got some freebies from showroom like mud flaps, floor mats. I didn't have purchased any accessories for my car from showroom. Also i had done my car insurance from outside insurance is dep cap type from national insurance costed me around 15k whereas from showroom dep cap insurance costing me around 25k. So i saved 10k bucks from insurance .

At the time of writing this thread my car had clocked 35k on its odo.

Engine and performance:

Car comes with 1.05 revotorq 3 cylinder diesel engine which produces 70ps power and 140nm torque. Engine performance of was good in city. But you may feel this car underpowered on highway if this is not you first car. With city mode it run very good but with eco mode it starts feeling slightly underpowered.

Mileage:
Car giving me 27-28 kmpl mileage with eco mode on highway but with city mode mileage was nearly 22-23 kmpl on highway. In city car gives me 16-18 kmpl.

Features:
Xz variant comes with many of the features like cooled glovebox, steering mounted controls, electronically adjustable orvms , day night irvm, central locking with flip key , height adjustable seats , adjustable steering wheel.best feature of this car is its Harman kardon music system with 8 speakers (4 speakers+4 tweeters) sound quality was awesome . Tiago also equipped with good safety features like two airbags, abs with ebd. The build quality of car is also superb.

Space:
This car is suitable for 4 people's . For front seats space is good. For back seats 2 people's can sit comfortably but 3 people's feel tight on the back. Boot space of car is also good. 242 litres boot space was usable.

In my opinion this car is value for money package and better than its rivals like celerio,santro etc.

Enjoy the pics of my white beast

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Service details:
1st service done at 1000 km free of cost it was just check up.
2nd service done at 7500 km it was also free of cost and just check up of car( engine oil was not changed at the time of 1st and 2nd service).
3rd service done at 15000 km. Costed me around 2250rs.engine oil was changed. And air filter cleaned.
4th service done at 30000km
Engine oil changed
Oil filter repaced
air filter replaced
Fuel filter replaced
cost of 4th around 3500rs

Nice write up. Will strongly follow your thread, as I have Tiago in my wishlist, and that too for my diesel upgrade, though it actually would be a downgrade enginewise from my current Santro which is a 4 cylinder 1086 cc whereas Tiago is a 1050 cc 3 cylinder diesel engine.

How's the NVH level of the car ? Do you feel the gear leverl vibrations, steering vibration and harsh engine when you are inside the car with windows rolled up?

Thread Starter #8
Nice write up. Will strongly follow your thread, as I have Tiago in my wishlist, and that too for my diesel upgrade, though it actually would be a downgrade enginewise from my current Santro which is a 4 cylinder 1086 cc whereas Tiago is a 1050 cc 3 cylinder diesel engine.

How's the NVH level of the car ? Do you feel the gear leverl vibrations, steering vibration and harsh engine when you are inside the car with windows rolled up?
Nvh levels is ok . When i purchased my car at that i didn't feel much vibration from steering and gear but 30k it should be increased at the time of 4th service i talk about this issue after which this issue was resolved by them. But if you on the Harman kardon music system of car then you didn't feel any type of noise and vibrations

By the way enginewise it is also downgrade for me from 1405cc turbocharged 4cylinder to 1050cc 3cylinder

Nvh levels is ok . When i purchased my car at that i didn't feel much vibration from steering and gear but 30k it should be increased at the time of 4th service i talk about this issue after which this issue was resolved by them. But if you on the Harman kardon music system of car then you didn't feel any type of noise and vibrations

By the way enginewise it is also downgrade for me from 1405cc turbocharged 4cylinder to 1050cc 3cylinder
1050cc 3 cylinder is also turbo charged, isn't it ?

What's the maximum speed you've attained in safe feel?
Also please confirm if the service interval is 15000 kms / 1 year whichever is earlier, as that's what I understood from your service history.

Thread Starter #10
1050cc 3 cylinder is also turbo charged, isn't it ?
Yes it is also turbocharged

What's the maximum speed you've attained in safe feel?
Also please confirm if the service interval is 15000 kms / 1 year whichever is earlier, as that's what I understood from your service history.
I had done my 3rd service after 6 months of purchasing. Because my car running was very much and i had done 15k km in 6 months. Till now my car has done about 36k km on odo. And still my car is running like new one. I didn't face any problem till now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Tiago has a RPM meter along the speedo??
If yes, then have you crossed 5k RPM?? Did the engine felt strained after 120-130 kmph???

Have you yet driven it by standing on accelerator?? I mean, have you pushed the race pedal all the way down??
How was the acceleration when you stepped on the race pedal fully??

Top Bottom