My VW Polo 1.5 TDI HL Ownership Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #63
I just received GTI spec armrest ordered from aliexpress on 11th November, delivered by fed-ex.
Will try installing today itself, wish me luck and if anybody has installed it please tell me the procedure?

Buddy let me know of the armrest as well as its price. I also need an armrest for Polo because these days I am also getting to drive a Highline for around 2-3 days a week and that also for more than 150 kms per trip. Also let me know of the overall experience with the armrest once installed.

Hey jazzyb5454. Congrats on the GT TSI (and the 1.5 TDI also) and wish you lots of miles on your possession. It looks great in the pictures.

I think you should start another thread as one single thread for 2 cars is a bit confusing. There you can write about the differences in TDI and TSI drive.

Were you able to install the armrest?

Thread Starter #67
Some Installation Pics. I would say the installation of GTI spec arm rest is quite difficult its better to buy normal one without the cup holder. I opened the center console completely to install the armrest.

Attachments

I am also planning to buy the highline 1.5 tdi. Could you please tell me the kms done on your car and the cost spent on service intervals?

Thread Starter #69
I am also planning to buy the highline 1.5 tdi. Could you please tell me the kms done on your car and the cost spent on service intervals?
The car is with my brother right now, it will be going for 1st service next month. I spent approx Rs. 300 fo engine oil top up at six month check up.

15000kms or 1 year service interval.
cost-- 14000 rs. standard costs, i mean engine oil, brake pads ,labour etc.
It is cheap considering it is yearly.

Thread Starter #71
First Service completed. Car has done little over 16000 kms
Brother's view on car.
Positives:
The car is stable at high speeds.
Negatives:
According to him the bottom will scrape at full load.
The ingress egress is not so good.
Needles to say rear leg room.
He says there are rattles from instrument cluster. Told him to get it checked.
Other than that he think the car is good.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #72
The car has completed 22000 kms and doing fine. The AC is bone chiller.

There is really huge difference between GT TSi and Polo TDI. After Driving the GT for 7000 kms i drove the TDI for 300 kms and it felt lethargic. The push is not there.

The car is with me because GT is at service station because of AC problem.
It really needs a detailing session will be doing it on Wednesday.

Thread Starter #73
Updating after very long time.

The car has done 60000 km (approx) having dings and dents every where i look. Doing its duty is city so you can imagine. The car is doing fine, no Parts failure till now(Touch wood). AC is still a chiller, it sucks in GT. Hopefully it will be sold next year, looking at previous trends of our car ownership. Rarely drive the car so cant comment how it drives now. Update next when i will drive the car.

Thread Starter #74
Requesting mods to close this thread as we have sold the car. The car had done nearly 100000 trouble free kms. Apart from accidental repairs and regular service nothing was done to the car. The car will not be missed as i have a GT TSI.[;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom