My VW Polo 1.5 TDI HL Ownership Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
--> If you do choose to go for a HL, it would make more sense to choose a metallic color --< Didn't got it fully, Why so ??
If you opt for CL, then VW offers two price points for it. I don't know about other cities, but for Delhi, the price points were such that metallic CL crossed the 6L mark. And because of that the registration charges increase by 3%, a good 18k.

So if you are going for CL, the obvious thing would be to go for a red or a white (non-metallic). otherwise, the difference between a metallic CL and HL is just 46k, making HL a lucrative option.

In my case, I thought why not make the most of the premium paid over CL and hence, went for metallic color.

I hope it makes sense.

If you opt for CL, then VW offers two price points for it. I don't know about other cities, but for Delhi, the price points were such that metallic CL crossed the 6L mark. And because of that the registration charges increase by 3%, a good 18k.

So if you are going for CL, the obvious thing would be to go for a red or a white (non-metallic). otherwise, the difference between a metallic CL and HL is just 46k, making HL a lucrative option.

In my case, I thought why not make the most of the premium paid over CL and hence, went for metallic color.

I hope it makes sense.
Thanks a lot @hanpolo for the info.
Went to the showroom on weekend and after comparing both the versions, finally decided to go with highline. Booked it finally :-)
1.5 tdi highline (candy white)

Will be taking the delivery on 25th of this month.

Congrats Vikas! Do keep us posted on your delivery experience.

If I may ask, did you book at VW Noida?

And yes good choice of colour!

@jazzy sorry for this OT discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot @hanpolo for the info.
Went to the showroom on weekend and after comparing both the versions, finally decided to go with highline. Booked it finally :-)

Hi Vikas
Why not a Gt tsi since you're in that price range. I guess a little more and you could have even a GTD.

Congrats Vikas! Do keep us posted on your delivery experience.

If I may ask, did you book at VW Noida?

And yes good choice of colour!

@jazzy sorry for this OT discussion.
Sure @hanpolo , will post the delivery experience once it is done.

I booked it at VW Gurgaon, actually my father is an ex-servicemen(Air Force) and our home address is of gurgaon. Taking it through csd. That's why went with VW gurgaon.
Any idea about VW gurgaon , hows it ?

And regarding colour , as i already told it was between red and white. Dad said no to red :-( , so white it was finally.

Hi Vikas
Why not a Gt tsi since you're in that price range. I guess a little more and you could have even a GTD.
Hi Jonathan

Thought about it actually, but my budget after stretching went till highline, could have not afford much than that. And GT after downsizing to 1.5 l engine, i guess it's not much of a difference now.

A little remap on normal 1.5 tdi polo can get u closer to what gt tdi offers IMO.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to know that 1.5 TDI is not affected by that software.I had checked my car's VIN and got to know that my car also didn't get affected by that software.BTW,mine is Vento 1.6 TDI 2012 version and it's EA189.

Congrats on your GT TSI mate, you seem like a true blue Polo fan. Which color did you get this time? So did you sell off your 1.5TDI or is it still with you?

Regarding the thread title, I think you should inform the moderators to close this one if you've sold of your diesel Polo and start a new thread for your GT TSI.

Thread Starter #55
Congrats on your GT TSI mate, you seem like a true blue Polo fan. Which color did you get this time? So did you sell off your 1.5TDI or is it still with you?

Regarding the thread title, I think you should inform the moderators to close this one if you've sold of your diesel Polo and start a new thread for your GT TSI.
I got white color, this was the only color available with the agency. I would have gone for black but GT TSI doesn't come in black, TDI is in the family. Polo is a good car i don't understand why people don't like VW cars. Everybody is mad at me for going with the same car again. People raised eyebrows when i told them i bought Polo the first time and then only after 7 months history repeated itself. I think too many threads and discussions about POLO GT TSI ruined me.
Regarding new thread if this thread name can't be edited then i will go for new thread for POLO GT TSI.

Congrats for buying GT TSI jazzyb5454.GT TSI is surely an upgrade from 1.5TDI and glad to know that you didn't sell your 1.5 TDI.

Post some pics of your GT along with your 1.5TDI.

Thread Starter #59
Re: My VW Polo 1.5 TDI HL Ownership Review (Its GT TSI now)

Today i put my GT in sport mode for 10 seconds and man it is so eager to move forward. That just blow you away[:D]

Re: My VW Polo 1.5 TDI HL Ownership Review (Its GT TSI now)

Today i put my GT in sport mode for 10 seconds and man it is so eager to move forward. That just blow you away[:D]
Next time do that on a hilly road and then you will have the true joy of driving this machine. Have been to highways driving a GT TSi and it isn't very special there. Hit some twisties in sport mode and enjoy some hard cornering with "enter-slow and exit-fast", you will instantly fell in love with this beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom