My Volkswagen Polo 1.2 Comfortline (Petrol)

Congratulations for your Polo and for the Passat too. Polo is rare to spot in this color , not many prefer this i guess. I think you are one ICE freak , the 2-DIN HU fits perfectly in a Polo i guess , in my Verna gaps are visible on all four sides![frustration]

Thread Starter #19
Congratulations for your Polo and for the Passat too. Polo is rare to spot in this color , not many prefer this i guess. I think you are one ICE freak , the 2-DIN HU fits perfectly in a Polo i guess , in my Verna gaps are visible on all four sides![frustration]
Yeah its a rare color. I don't see many Polo's of this car in chennai. But to my surprise someone as bought Polo of same color in our next street [surprise].

I listen to loud music. So i went for this ICE. Even in my old car opera i had put music system for the same budget. The dealer who fixed it for me had nice box for Polo, you can also try the same.

350Z

Core Team
Must say – Your Polo is looking really gorgeous. Congratulation for the new acquisition and also for the upcoming one. Please write your experience with the Polo. And I am sure that many of us (including me) are curious to read a review of New Volkswagen Passat straight from the owner himself. Keep us posted on both the cars.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #21
Guy i need help topping up Engine coolant in Polo. The spec given is G12 or G12++. Any other place i can buy this stuff, other than VW service center, Because service center is far form where i stay and also another 5000 km to go for first service.

I thought of checking coolant when i helped my friend topup coolant in his car.

Congrats man on Polo and Passat. I too went to VW showroom to check out Vento and was blowed away by Passat looks and feature, so eagerly waiting for the new Passat ownership review. Till then enjoy this German beauty.

Thread Starter #23
Guys, last week my mammyindia black box Bx200 stopped working it gave me an error. I have sent the device for fixing to delhi office. Just checked on the warranty of the product its only 6 months for hardware and 12 months for software.

If they say they can't fix it, then i Rs 20,000 spent on the product is a waste!!!!

Thread Starter #24
Guys, last week my mammyindia black box Bx200 stopped working it gave me an error. I have sent the device for fixing to delhi office. Just checked on the warranty of the product its only 6 months for hardware and 12 months for software.

If they say they can't fix it, then i Rs 20,000 spent on the product is a waste!!!!
Guys i got the black box back from map my india. I fixed it back, my gps is working now. [:D]

Thread Starter #25
Also I just checked the trip meter. The car has just completed 10000 KM.

Also i found a garage who have supply of G12 coolant. Will be going there for coolant and oil topup, since another 5000 KM or 4 months before my first service.

Thread Starter #28
Took the POLO to the garage.
1. Topped up engine oil with Mobil 1 Synthetic oil. About 400-500ml.
2. I was advised to add distilled water since the coolant level was little lower than minimum mark.

Thread Starter #29
Guys I recently visited the 3M car care shop in chennai. I actually visited them to get the under body rust protection coating done for my Polo. But I was informed all Volkswagen cars already have the coating. So I opted for the Basic Interior cleaning and Exterior paint protection treatment. Polo was considered a Medium sized car by 3M.

For paint protection, they had 2 types of treatment. One for new car and old car. They did old car treatment as there where some little scratches because of dry dusting and wiping of the car (little circler scratches). They charged 4495 for this treatment and 1195 for interior treatment.

It took about 6 hours for the above to be done. My interior looks good as new. There are no dirt marks in the seats now. Exterior also looks good now. I don't get water marks on the paint when it rains. They say the paint won't get de-coloured as time goes on. Have to wait and watch on that.

Overall it was expensive but a well done job.

Last edited:
Took the POLO to the garage.
1. Topped up engine oil with Mobil 1 Synthetic oil. About 400-500ml.
2. I was advised to add distilled water since the coolant level was little lower than minimum mark.
AFAIK VW uses synthetic Castrol B4 5W 40 Megnatec Professional oil. Will topping up with mobil good? Please tell us which grade oil it was and at what mileage you have topped up.
VW engines are known for oil consumption but i doubt the way oil level is checked by people at the workshop.
As soon as you reach the workshop they check it with hot engine with oil circulated everywhere, i don't thing it will show the correct reading.

@All
A shopkeeper in Mumbai told me that Castrol B4 5W 40 Megnatec Professional now re-branded as Castrol OE 5W 40 Megnatec Professional. Request to enlighten me on this.

Last edited:

Top Bottom