My Turbocharged Baleno (2008 Build)

Thanks for the info, please post some info and pic's of your 800 mpfi too..

I live in the other side of the city.. kengeri (mysore rd)

Codename, till jan 2012, I was frequenting Melbourne every month. I wish I knew you earlier. Anyways, next time I am in Melbourne, I will invite you to our ship and let you see the ship's huge diesel engine. And I will have a chance to see your power horse.

Codename, till jan 2012, I was frequenting Melbourne every month. I wish I knew you earlier. Anyways, next time I am in Melbourne, I will invite you to our ship and let you see the ship's huge diesel engine. And I will have a chance to see your power horse.
Melbourne docks?

Should have told me before. The guy works there on the gates he is a security officer, he is my gym friend. Tell him your my friend , he will call me and can do the meet :)
Nice and easy man .

Thread Starter #20
Kengeri is quite far. Let me know if you ever come this side.

I will make a write up for my MPFI M800 turbo setup sometime soon .. I hope..

Powerful DIY Joeking,
whats the total damage to pocked if one has to place a small turbo in normal petrol engine, what relevant parts needs to be changed?

Powerful DIY Joeking,
whats the total damage to pocked if one has to place a small turbo in normal petrol engine, what relevant parts needs to be changed?
I think this is not enough information

You must tell him the make model and engine number/type of your car and also be specific about turbo your looking for.

Parts/setup may vary accordingly

Turbo charge concept , you need
Turbine
Compressor
Extractors
intercooler
computer
blow off valve
vacum pipes
clamps and brackets
Intake plenum (custom)

and some other small nicks

Hi JoeKing,

Please can you tell me the from where you bought the alloys for your baleno...at what price and company name??

Regards,
Aditaya

Hey Joeking, super job on the turbo setup... Can you tell me how i can get my hands on one for my Swift petrol, also the aproximate damages that i should expect, a small turbo should suit me fine... (its my wifes car and she wont mind, what she does not know [:D])

Thread Starter #29
Thanks.

If its your wifes car, you may want to think twice before turbocharging it. The driver needs to be watchful about various things on a turbocharged setup.
That said, its not very difficult to do a turbo setup. Tuning the turbo setup to run reliably is a bit challenging though if you are not being helped out by experts/professionals.

1. Depending on your engine internals G13 or K12, you decide on the target boost level.
2. Source a turbo to suit your power need. A Garrett GT17 or similar spec would be nice for a low boost setup, GT20 for some more performance.
3. Source larger injectors if your turbo setup (psi) demands more fuel.
4. Source a piggyback ECU/ standalone ECU to take care of additional fueling/ignition.
5. Fabricate turbo exhaust manifold with stainless steel pipes or thick gauge mild steel.
6. Source a intercooler & BOV.
7. Fabricate intake plumbing from turbo to intercooler to throttle body.
8. Rig in oil line from the engine to the turbo and return line from turbo to oil sump.

Now you are done with the easy part.

Next - Get your car tuned right. This is key to having a reliable turbocharged NA car. Get help from experts/tuners/professionals to get the tuning right. It would help if you tune it with a wideband plugged in to ensure the cars running safe AFRs.

Ball park cost -
Turbo - 18-38k
Intercooler - 6-10k
BOV - 4-6K
ECU - 15-40k
Intake plumbing - 10-15k
Exhaust -14-16k
Oil lines etc - 3-5k
Other machining costs - 5-7k
Labor - depends on who/ where u get it done
Tuning - same as above

Hope this answers your questions. Good luck !!

Top Bottom