My trip to Kodaikanal & Munnar

Thread Starter #1
Hey guys this is my first travelogue here. Me and my family went on a trip to Kodaikanal and Munnar several months back. It was a six day trip and it was so much fun driving almost 2000KM on the whole.

And this is the tour where our Safari had the CHECK ENGINE light glowing for most part of the trip but luckily nothing happened to the car , the only reason i like TATA! Also another blemish was we had a flat tyre one day almost wasting 2 hours of travel time!

My dad is a member in Club Mahindra holidays so he got a complimentary package tour to both these places , so off we decide to go in our Safari!

Day1: We start off leisurely from home at around 8AM in the morning and around 4PM in the evening we reached our resort at Kodaikanal. We decided to take rest that day and have our sight seeing tour the next day.

Day2: In the morning we got a call saying the resort has organized a local sight seeing tour for us in their Qualis for a nominal amount. We decided to take their offer since we wont have the trouble of driving our beast in unfamiliar places and stopping many times to confirm the routes! Off we went in their Qualis in the morning and returned to our resort back in the evening. The resort had organized a camp fire that night but sadly none turned up. So we decided to spend our time playing some indoor games and then finally had dinner and slept off!

Well here are the first set of pictures from Kodaikanal: Rest to follow soon.

Attachments

Thread Starter #3
Yes sir the roads are very good in TN and most of the major roads are being converted to 4 lanes![thumbsup]
-----------Next Post-----------
Next set of pictures include Pine forests , The caves used for shooting a tamil movie "GUNA" , a pillar rock which stands alone without any support , some view points and a golf club. Here are they:

Attachments

Last edited:
hey you did the same trip as i did, munaar and kodai.

cool

Err more than scenery , i am intrested in seeing your safari pics between this scenery.

Cool pictures though , missing the car !!post them soon

Nice pictures cooldhaya, I was in Chennai last week and we were planning to visit Kodai but could not because there were no trains available:-(

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
So now you have also begun to tease us like Mukesh by posting some breathtaking pictures of South India. :smile: Awesome scenic beauty, keep ‘em coming cooldhaya, and yes, add a few images of your Safari too.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #7
@ Ilango Yes bro , but the thing is we din take our car for viewing the scenic spots , so no pictures of the car! And also generally we don take much breaks while travelling and dad says no no to stop car for taking some photographs![cry]

@ Shailinder That is why we prefer to travel by car always![:)] I suggest you too do the same.

@ 350Z Thank you 350Z but sadly i don have pictures of Safari in scenic spots due to the above mentioned reason. Have only one though taking rest in the parking lot!

Thread Starter #8
Here are the next set of pictures covering the foggy conditions , our Qualis car used for sight seeing purpose , A waterfall , Kodaikanal river and boat club and a Gypsy converted to a shop! Still more to come.

Attachments

Awesome pictures there Cooldhaya. Looks like you had a great time in this heavenly place. Yeah, btw please do post some pics of your beast in which you traveled to all these places, it will add another shining star to this thread[thumbsup]

Thread Starter #13
@ Mastersquall Thanks buddy!

@ Nikhilanand Thanks bro , I took Chennai-Trichy-Dindugal-Kodaikanal route.

@ Vjroadie Thanks again bro. As i said before we don go sight seeing in our Safari so no scenic photos of Safari![cry]

@ Mukesh Thanks buddy , all your inspiration!

Great to know that you went to Munnar & Kodai.

It might have been a rocking experience if you have driven some stretches in munnar.

By the way great pics too. reminds my trip :)

Top Bottom