My Toyota Etios Liva Diesel (Gd) - 1200km Ownership Report

350Z

Core Team
Congrats Lohith and thanks for a fantastic review with an equally fantastic set of pictures. Glad you are satisfied with the decision and are enjoying the car already. It’s indeed a no brainer that if space is the priority, Etios Liva is one of the names that immediately clicks into the mind. Please do not forget to keep updating this thread in future with long term ownership experiences, maintenance costs etc. This really helps the prospective buyers.

Drive Safe,
350Z

She really looks HOT in red buddy. Many congrats for the (driving) companion and to better it is the ICE you have selected. Wishing you many happy miles with Liva.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #18
Hearty congratulations on your new ride Lohith. I think Etios is a perfect hatchback for indian conditions with Toyota quality assurance. Best heart to boot and easy to drive. Wish you many many happy mile crunching. It really looks hottt in Red [:)]
Thank you Very much bro

Congrats Lohith and thanks for a fantastic review with an equally fantastic set of pictures. Glad you are satisfied with the decision and are enjoying the car already. It’s indeed a no brainer that if space is the priority, Etios Liva is one of the names that immediately clicks into the mind. Please do not forget to keep updating this thread in future with long term ownership experiences, maintenance costs etc. This really helps the prospective buyers.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Yes bro will update it frequently and thanks for your wishes

She really looks HOT in red buddy. Many congrats for the (driving) companion and to better it is the ICE you have selected. Wishing you many happy miles with Liva.

freakdude.
Thanks for helping me in ICE setup dude,now its rocking!!!

Many congratulation for your red hot Liva. Your car looks great, just a suggestion from my side: get rid of those rims and go for black finish alloys.

HI Lohith congrats on your choice dude.

Please help me out I'm planning to book Liva GD whats your Opinion on it.

please advice me. Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #22
Please help me out I'm planning to book Liva GD whats your Opinion on it.

please advice me. Thanks in advance
This car has more practicability like more space,near zero turbo lag engine (CITY),toyota's service,engine reliablity and yes,the mileage which is topnotch i am getting 18-20 in city driving conditions

the negative side is
dull look of dashboard and interiors

MY suggestion is wait till DELHI AUTO EXPO to get over,there are some rumours about updated interior look.so please wait and take the decision and also go for a test drive

Infact many quoted the problem about Door Beading,when we took the car to sakleshpur ghat faced a extreme heavy rain. No seepage of water inside
Congratulations on your new vehicle. Wishing you enjoyable ownership and safe driving. I have an Etios GD (i.e.entry level diesel) and have a beading problem. There's no seepage at the moment. However, my worries were long term rust formation due to water retention.

Took it up with Toyota Kirloskar. The local service guys turned up to inspect and file their report. Thereafter, I got very prompt calls to check if the service chaps turned up (they had, immediately). I waited for a couple of weeks to hear if Toyota would be providing a solution.

A second call to Toyota after a couple of weeks and they told me that since it's covered under 3 year warranty, there's no replacement. My worry however was not the 3 year warranty but beyond that period. Toyota's response seems to be to take care of their liability. My concern continues to persist.

Thread Starter #24
However, my worries were long term rust formation due to water retention.

persist.
I have the same type of door beading design in Ford ikon ,which is 8yrs old there is no formation of rusts till now .So i have hopes on toyota will have to push few more years

HI friends,
The above mentioned quote ( My Toyota Etios Liva Diesel (Gd) - 1200km Ownership Report) is only his fresh report , i m also having the LIVA GD .
vehicle style(front logan , back ASTAR ) and driving comfort is okay but we have to compromise a lot . poor plastic quality ,noisy dash board ,even you can simply pullout the meter top . regarding the front shock absorbers , if we try jumping a hump more than 40 km speed it will make a dashing noise because the release mechanism is not there .single reverse light is not a big issue ,but if you make a reverse , definitely some body will notice you "your reverse bulb is blown" . seating is only a sponge piece with a black cloth .

these are not the main issues ,the door is the main issue .you cannot close the doors easily .if you try closing like a Ambassador car its okay .with the normal push we cant close those doors .the rubber bedding will resist .its a big security issue ,from the last one month i m struggling with Toyota to resolve this issue ,still they are saying "our technicians are working on it "

don't compare this vehicle with other Toyota vehicles .but the
engine side is okay ,
steering comfort is okay
braking is okay ,
space is okay ,
a/c is okay .
"its just a car from Toyota not a caaaar ", don't expect more , really they compromised a lot .

even these issues exists if you make a test drive , definitely you will choose this vehicle like me , That's the TOYOTA MAGIC ..

HI friends,
The above mentioned quote ( My Toyota Etios Liva Diesel (Gd) - 1200km Ownership Report) is only his fresh report , i m also having the LIVA GD .
vehicle style(front logan , back ASTAR ) and driving comfort is okay but we have to compromise a lot . poor plastic quality ,noisy dash board ,even you can simply pullout the meter top . regarding the front shock absorbers , if we try jumping a hump more than 40 km speed it will make a dashing noise because the release mechanism is not there .single reverse light is not a big issue ,but if you make a reverse , definitely some body will notice you "your reverse bulb is blown" . seating is only a sponge piece with a black cloth .

these are not the main issues ,the door is the main issue .you cannot close the doors easily .if you try closing like a Ambassador car its okay .with the normal push we cant close those doors .the rubber bedding will resist .its a big security issue ,from the last one month i m struggling with Toyota to resolve this issue ,still they are saying "our technicians are working on it "

don't compare this vehicle with other Toyota vehicles .but the
engine side is okay ,
steering comfort is okay
braking is okay ,
space is okay ,
a/c is okay .
"its just a car from Toyota not a caaaar ", don't expect more , really they compromised a lot .

even these issues exists if you make a test drive , definitely you will choose this vehicle like me , That's the TOYOTA MAGIC ..
Babu,
Why don't you start an ownership thread of your own?

I didn't understand the statement "its a big security issue".

Hey log it.

Do one thing just remove electrical socket connector to eg valve. You will got 20% pick-up & mileage. Also you have cleaner exhaust. Mileage will go up to 24--28km/l8tr.only thing is engine check light will come don't worry. You will get performance free of cost without spending 20 kon tuning boxes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom