My Tool Collection & DIY Adventures With Them

I have used these torque wrenches in the following DIY done at my home only.
I do not have any sort of hydraulic hoist.I have used my pictured tools only for these DIYs.
1. CHANGING ALL 4 SHOCK ABSORBERS (complete strut assembly)OF MY SWIFT PETROL.
2. CHANGING OF SUSPENSION ARMS BOTH SIDES OF SWIFT PETROL.
3. CHANGING TIE- RODS BOTH SIDES SWIFT PETROL.
4. CHANGING OF FRONT TWO STRUTS(complete assembly) OF MY RITZ VXI.
5. CHANGING OF ENGINE OIL WITH OIL FILTERS MULTIPLE TIMES OF SWIFT.
6. CHANGING ENGINE OIL WITH OIL FILTER MULTIPLE TIMES OF RITZ PETROL.
7. CHANGING OF ENGINE OIL WITH OIL FILTER OF XUV500 ONCE (yes that too)
8. LEAKING HEAD GASKET CHANGE OF SWIFT PETROL.
9. REPLACING PETROL FILTER OF BOTH SWIFT AS WELL AS RITZ.
10.REPLACING GEAR OIL OF BOTH SWIFT AS WELL AS RITZ ONCE IN THE OWNERSHIP.
11.REPLACING FAILED/WEAK BOOT STRUTS OF SWIFT AS WELL AS RITZ AFTER 5 YEARS OF OWNERSHIP.

This much is coming to my mind now.I have not included multiple replacements of..
1. BUMPERS both front and back(at least 4 times in the ownership)
2.Torn fender linings
3.pipes change ,rubber bushes changes
4.all 4 headlights changes(ritz as well as swift) etc etc ,as these did not require torque wrenches.
My goodness! Being a doctor, you did all these? A big respect, Doctor...

First of all Thanks for your nice appreciation.Yes I am keenly interested in your workshop tools.Please do post pics of the same (if it's alright with you).

Yes I am MBBS.MD in MEDICINE.and i am practicing successfully in my private clinic near my home.Other than medicine ,my passion lies around cars and bikes and scooters.But mostly cars. I try to do the things(repairs,replacement etc)the right/correct way.And you already know there is only one right/correct way ,ie the OEM specified way.
Despite of the best tools available in ASS workshopsall over India,many times they ruin the car,because of callous and careless attitude.They simply will never love your car the way you do.And I have personally witnessed the same happening in front of my eyes,with my car. And I was so hurt. Slowly I started collecting tools and reading and gaining basic automotive knowledge.What all I have,has been collected slowly-slowly over many years.
Thanks very much, Doctor. Your words are truly inspiring me. I should also follow suit and fix my Royal Enfield, 1987 and Jawa, 1960 and be close to TAI community...

Thread Starter #321

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Although you joined some time ago, I could not notice your garage with these beautiful machines.
A big welcome to you on this forum and this thread.

Did you mean jawa 1960 model??
Bullet is a dream for any DIYer. It has been so in the past. There is so much and so many things to tinker with. You are a lucky chap.
Please let us see each of your machines. Feel free to ask for help with anything.

Last edited:
Bit the bullet and bought myself a pressure washer from amazon .The brand is StarQ model W3B. Have used it about a dozen times and have found it to be very useful .Added a snow foam cannon to it and it has become a weapon [cheers].Pressure is fantastic.The nozzle is adjustable to create a laser water jet with high pressure or a wide fan pattern for watering plants .
PROS:
1)conserve water : I can routine wash my SUV with just 1.5 buckets of water .Detailed wash with foam cannon takes about 2.5 buckets of water only .
2)save time: clambering all over the SUV with hose and wash mitt was time consuming. Now i can wash 1 SUV ,1 hatchback and 2 two -wheeler within an hour!
Tough grime and hard to reach areas are simply a breeze to clean due to the high force especially under-body and the suspension areas .
3)the machine has self priming motor so direct water source is not needed from water tank;a bucket of water with a hose dipped in it is enough.
This i was able to use as I had to clean the terrace of algae.
4) compact easily stored in my tools cabinet
CONS:
1)the inlet and outlet threaded pipes on the machine are made of plastic which eventually can be damaged making usage a problem .
2)no storage case
3)buying quick disconnect accessories are difficult ;would be great if the company markets them along with the product.

The machine is sturdy and weighs about 6kilos..since the hose is long enough it doesn't need to be carried around vehicle atleast for my vehicle.I have a long water hose to provide water source to inlet or alternatively my large paint bucket is used for self priming if I'm doing routine washing .Seems to be working fine though it lacks mobility it makes up with build quality

continuing with report of the machine and foam cannon in action
Slide1.JPG
Slide2.JPG
Slide3.JPG
Slide4.JPG

I have used Wavex car shampoo 50 ml with 950 ml tap water for this wash .The lather is pretty decent with good lubrication for contact wash with Chenille wash mitt.
After wash I dry with synthetic chamois and this time i applied Bilt hamber double speed wax .Have reviewed the product also previously and is my go to paint protection wax.
Refreshing bath for TANTOR[:D]

Thread Starter #328

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
I envy you. Your Tantor is lucky car!!
I dont have a high pressure car wash system.Your pics are provoking me to go for it.

Like wise was tempted for a very long time myself! It has paid for itself already.Id suggest you to go to ur local market and purchase the similar design at a lower price instead of online .I realized it a bit too late after I saw them in the local market for atleast 1500 RS lesser ..but no regrets about owning one as it's use for washing car and also around my home [clap]

Top Bottom