My Tool Collection & DIY Adventures With Them

Thread Starter #226

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Aray wah yaar!! Bhvm yeh toh wonderful cheez hai.Frankly I saw and heard about it for the first time.Its cute and small. Thanks for posting this.
What fuel cubes?? Looks like camphor/kapoor or something. Tell me more about it.

Hello Friends,

I have bought more tools and accessories last month and would like to post them here. Some are from local market and some from online stores. I have written short details and price above all the pics.

Dent puller with aluminum bridge - My car has few dents and thought to try this tool as it looked promising on Youtube videos. Tried it once but its a long process and tricky. Also I didn't remove wax from the paint so the hot glue didn't stay put. Meanwhile one of plastic stud screwed to the aluminum bridge broken apart while using it and I had to fix it with feviquick. May be I will try again in free times and see how it goes. Cost Rs. 700/- from Gearbest (Link).
CR_Dent_Puller.jpg

Sabre Saw Drill Attachment - I actually wanted a reciprocating saw but its a expensive tool. Later found this mini sabre saw which attaches to drilling machine and helps me to quickly cut wooden strips, tree branches, pvc pipes and etc. Cost Rs. 1670/- from Banggood (Link).
CR_Drill_Sabre_Saw_01.jpg
CR_Drill_Sabre_Saw_02.jpg

Sabre Saw Wood Cutting Blades - I was able to get more wood cutting blades for my mini sabre saw from local market and they were inexpensive. Cost Rs. 130/- for 2 blades, from local market.
CR_Sabre_Saw_Blades.jpg

Drill Guide - Helps me drill straight holes on wood, wall and etc. Very helpful for boring large holes using hole saw bits or forstner bits on plywood. Cost Rs. 1390 from Banggood (Link).
CR_Drill_Guide.jpg

Hole Saw aka Forstner Bit - This is for boring hole on plywood for installing concealed aka European hinges. It has depth stop and dia is 35mm. Cost Rs. 350 from Gearbest (Link).
CR_Hole_Saw.jpg

Keyless Drill Chuck - Switching drill bits in middle work on a keyed chuck is really annoying thing. The key gets lost somewhere and have to search around. I thought to replace keyed chuck of my B&D drill but it has 3/8 spindle and is difficult to find keyless chuck for that size. Banggood had one but its supports upto 10mm drill bits only (Original chuck takes upto 13mm). I have another drilling machine for thick bits so I bought it anyhow along with other items. It is SANOU brand so quality is much better then generic ones and doesn't wobble. Cost Rs. 350/- from Banggood (Link).
CR_Keyless_Drill_Chuck.jpg

Pocket Hole Jig - This is one of my favorite tool and I'm so happy to get it finally. Makes the wood joining job easy and quick. The tool also helps to make dowel joints. The kit includes step drill bit with depth stop, extension screw bit, self-drill screws and fillers. I will need to find more screws from local market though. Cost Rs. 1350/- from Gearbest (Link).
CR_Pocket_Hole_Jig.jpg

Rotary File Bits - These are used to remove excess or smoothen material (Mostly wood) using drilling machine. Got these from local market for Rs. 200/-
CR_Rotary_File.jpg

Adjustable Square and 45 degree Scale - Cost Rs. 300/- from Gearbest (Link).
CR_Square_Scale.jpg

Multiple Spray Cans - Bought these to repaint rusted tools and accessories. ARBO Matt Black Rs. 160/- ARBO Chrome Rs. 220/- Coating Daddy Forest Green Rs. 109/- All from Amazon India.
CR_Spray_Cans.jpg

Wire Brush - Helps to remove rust from metal items using drilling machine. Got these from local market for Rs. 200/-
CR_Wire_Brushes.jpg

Thats it for now. Let me know if anyone needs more details about the above products.

Thanks.
Best Regards

Last edited:
Thread Starter #229

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Congrats for this collection.[clap]
All the items are unique.And most of them are missing in my collection.[embarass] Sabre saw looks scary.
Do you do woodwork often.You show a lots of woodwork- related-tools.I am a noob there.

Congrats for this collection.[clap]
All the items are unique.And most of them are missing in my collection.[embarass] Sabre saw looks scary.
Do you do woodwork often.You show a lots of woodwork- related-tools.I am a noob there.
Thanks. Yes, I have most of tools related to woodworking and its one of my favorite hobby. [:)]

I have made tables, cabinets, shelves and etc using commercial boards. Also there are many more pending, a large TV hutch, sofa which includes storage space, book shelf, kitchen cabinets and etc. One last item is onway (mitre box) from gearbest, once I get it I will start building one by one.

Thanks. Yes, I have most of tools related to woodworking and its one of my favorite hobby. [:)]

I have made tables, cabinets, shelves and etc using commercial boards. Also there are many more pending, a large TV hutch, sofa which includes storage space, book shelf, kitchen cabinets and etc. One last item is onway (mitre box) from gearbest, once I get it I will start building one by one.
Nice collection @CRACING for the dent remover try using the black glue sticks they have good adhesion, i have a similar tool and am using black glue sticks

I am also using it on a 40w glue gun but the gun is a locally made, so should work on a Stanley, also prepare the surface by cleaning the surface with rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) even i luv woodwork ;-)
Good. I will buy the sticks from Amazon India asap. They are also available in Aliexpress for cheap but I have stopped buying from there due to shipping delay and items getting lost in transit.

Glad to hear that you also do woodworking. I would like to see your tools and stuffs you have made. Do post some pics when you can.

Good. I will buy the sticks from Amazon India asap. They are also available in Aliexpress for cheap but I have stopped buying from there due to shipping delay and items getting lost in transit.

Glad to hear that you also do woodworking. I would like to see your tools and stuffs you have made. Do post some pics when you can.
for Aliexpress u need to choose the registered shipping with tracking, than only you are 95%sure it will come
I will post some photos soon, when i get the time just have been supa busy shuffling with work, making videos and uploading on my youtube channel.

Thread Starter #236

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
I also love woodworking but only love,don't know anything about it,nor know how to go about it.Moreover all the drills and saws look very scary.
Please both of you ,post some pic of any of your finished product,so that it motivates us to do something at least.

I also love woodworking but only love,don't know anything about it,nor know how to go about it.Moreover all the drills and saws look very scary.
Please both of you ,post some pic of any of your finished product,so that it motivates us to do something at least.
Yeah woodworking needs lots of elbow grease especially when we use raw wood. I only use plywood, MDF and etc that are easy to work with, for my projects. Making doors and windows aren't my thing. [;)]

I always use safety equipment's like safety glass, dust mask, ear plugs, gloves and etc while working. As of power tools, I'm afraid of using circular saw and angle grinder. I tried them once and will never use them again in my life. So for cutting boards, I use jigsaw instead because its very safe (Won't kickback) and versatile. For making slots and to trim edges, I use router which is also safe tool when used properly. Drilling machine is must for any work but one shouldn't stress it while its doing its work and drill bits should be good enough. Local or Chinese bits may break off while drilling.

I had bad experience with carpenters before. First they quote high like professionals, take some advance money and get drunk. They use marble cutting saw with wood cutting blade (This is very dangerous because marble cutting saw runs at 12000 RPM whereas circular saw runs at 5000 RPM. It has no safety cover for blade so incase of kickback, you can imagine what can happen), drilling machine with one worn bit, dull planer, chisel and etc old tools. Workmanship is also worst. They don't do pilot holes for screws, just hit hard with hammer and the screw goes cross and bend inside. Screw head will be broken and/or split the wood. I had to fix so many screws on doors and windows in my house.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #239

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Workmanship is also worst. They don't do pilot holes for screws, just hit hard with hammer and the screw goes cross and bend inside. Screw head will be broken and/or split the wood.
Same is the case here.All the iron grills in my house are hammered into the costly ghana teak wood.They say that there is no other way except brutal hammering. Most of the screws are broken or bent out of shape.I couldn't stop their work as I had no knowledge and no internet then.
If I have to do some change in the grills now, wrenching them out will destroy the whole wood base.

Last edited:
Man is a tool using animal.Without tools he is nothing,with tools he is all..
Thomas Carlyle
Since childhood I had a fascination for tools esp.the ones used on scooters.One of the very first memory of a tool was of the spark plug opener wrench with a tommy,which was used in front of my eyes often,by my grandfather on his lambretta.When I grew up,I had a L.M.L scooter,with a tool set provided with it.That was my first personal tool set.I preserved it for 16 years,till I sold off the scooter.The problem with spark plug wrench was that it was made of inferior quality metal(most of them are).It got warped on applying extra torque.At that time I was sad,blamed myself for making it useless.
When I got married I had a maruti 800 deluxe (emerald green).It had it own tool set.And I was more than happy,to have 2 tool sets together.I loved it.I took care of it and washed it regularly.One day the grey coloured front grill came off and started rattling.I opened the bonnet and inspected closely.There were screws needing tightening.Also there were 10 no. bolts loose on the front trim above the grill.I was determined to do it myself without any ASS help.I searched the local small shops around my home.There were many mechanics and all ,but nobody had any clue where to buy the specific tool for it.That day after little bit of asking around I actually bought my 1st tool,and used it too.It was a small thing for others but a big feat for me then.
Later on when I started earning money was really scarce.No One will believe it ,but I had to save for quite some time to spend on tools and other DIY stuff.

I mean I had money to eat and live and take care of rent and petrol,but that was all.There were no savings and certainly no money for this tool-busines.Whenever I used to go to different service centres,I used to marvel at the good hand tools these mechanics used,and how easy these tools make their work look(which actually is not easy).I wished someday I could lay my hands on one of those torque wrenches,used by them.
Collecting and using the tools is not my hobby but my passion. Its the extension of me. Just like I love my cars,so do I love my tools.and I enjoy using them.The good thing is,unlike my cars, I am sure my son and his son too has a good chance of inheriting and using them.

this is the first tool I bought for 10 sized bolts of maruti 800
View attachment 239362

5 ton bottle jack.Very smooth in action
View attachment 239363

along with the helper rods
View attachment 239364

this is a 12 ton bottle hydraulic jack!!I have used both on my XUV.
View attachment 239365

this thing is heavy duty
View attachment 239366

both the jacks together.
View attachment 239367

This is a trolley jack,and its very handy.this is automotive grade paint,which I have used on the jack bought for the purpose of touchups of ritz and swift.This jack has 3 ton capacity.I have used this extensively while changing and mending puncture tyres,as well as changing shockers of swift as well as ritz.
I have a unique habit of painting each and everything (esp. cars and tools and bike and activa!!)around me.Its hand painted by me.OEM Paint was green.

View attachment 239368

this thing weighs 32kgs!!
View attachment 239369

this is the most used jack in the house.I have installed rubber on the front (to protect the contact points of car )leftover from the old shocker of rits
View attachment 239370

I even painted the iron tyres and make it look like a toy car.
View attachment 239371
You are in love with your tools.. nice

Top Bottom