My Tata Nano LX Saga

Thread Starter #31
Hi guys ,
A little DIY from my end !

Painted the rims matt black and I need your suggestions for wheel cover design and colour combo I'll leave a sample work

Attachments

Last edited:
I am not sure whether my idea will work great for you or will you like my thought!!

In my opinion the whole black wheel cap with white screw bolt will look good. Also you could colour tyre brand with tyre paint. Speaking about the matt black strips on front bonnet, roof and the rear spoils the looks. It looks like excessively decorated. But Squadron Shield look much better.

Thread Starter #33
I am not sure whether my idea will work great for you or will you like my thought!!

In my opinion the whole black wheel cap with white screw bolt will look good. Also you could colour tyre brand with tyre paint. Speaking about the matt black strips on front bonnet, roof and the rear spoils the looks. It looks like excessively decorated. But Squadron Shield look much better.

I'm happy with the stripes and the looks :) BTW can u elobrate me about the tire paint ? Don't bother :) ordered one just now :)

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
1) I liked your racing stripes, bumblebee style. I'm having a similar pattern on my blue boy i10.

2) the rim painting is also looking good. for the design, I guess take a look at where you have put tape on the inner ledge, if you complete the design (so that it looks like 3 triangles inside the wheel), shall look good.
this design then can be painted chrome or a very hot looking orange/yellow( same color as your car )

Thread Starter #35

so instead of those double stripes what would you have preferred ?
just want to get an idea of your taste :)

@BHVM
thanks a lot [:D] and actually the wheel cover of nano has too many curves !
so it kind of kills the character that any color gives it! I too thought of doing it fully instead of stopping at midway, but it looks more like a handle IMO .. what so u say ?

try body colour stripe on the circumference of the wheel and paint the three nuts in Body colour it will look cool. Stripes i have already told you it isnt the stripes that looks odd its the distance between the 2 stripes. but anyways to each his own i shall leave it at that. The Back sticker of the squadron looks awesome. if possible smoke the tail lamps and the head lamps the NANO would look like a DECEPTICON [evil]. Also In bangalore you get black and yellow 2 tone wheel caps they look awesome when fitted to a yellow car. Try to procure such a wheel cap where you are.

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Beauty is in the eye of beholder.
if I were you, I would worry less about comments and do what my heart days. about the wheel caps, simple yellow(body color ) caps would also look good.

Thread Starter #38
try body colour stripe on the circumference of the wheel and paint the three nuts in Body colour it will look cool. Stripes i have already told you it isnt the stripes that looks odd its the distance between the 2 stripes. but anyways to each his own i shall leave it at that. The Back sticker of the squadron looks awesome. if possible smoke the tail lamps and the head lamps the NANO would look like a DECEPTICON . Also In bangalore you get black and yellow 2 tone wheel caps they look awesome when fitted to a yellow car. Try to procure such a wheel cap where you are.
I'm having the same thoughts as you said above . but the problem is that I'm not able to get that papaya orange as aerosol spray! I don't want to do it outside by some painter as I enjoy doing such work [glasses]. Speaking about blacking the tail lights wont it affect the visibility of the light in day time ? [confused]you know how blind our fellow motorists are ? And about the stripes what I had planned initially was to put them a lot closer ! and not this far . but the roof lines spoiled it all
[cry]

Beauty is in the eye of beholder.
if I were you, I would worry less about comments and do what my heart days. about the wheel caps, simple yellow(body color ) caps would also look good.
one of our fellow member's DJ bro did some renders too ! ill post'em after getting his permission

Thread Starter #39
try body colour stripe on the circumference of the wheel and paint the three nuts in Body colour it will look cool. Stripes i have already told you it isnt the stripes that looks odd its the distance between the 2 stripes. but anyways to each his own i shall leave it at that. The Back sticker of the squadron looks awesome. if possible smoke the tail lamps and the head lamps the NANO would look like a DECEPTICON [evil]. Also In bangalore you get black and yellow 2 tone wheel caps they look awesome when fitted to a yellow car. Try to procure such a wheel cap where you are.

How about fluorescent orange ??

No not orange keep it restricted to body colour. otherwise it would look odd. i will try and send you some pics of the wheel cap i find here in two tone may be that will help you narrow down on the search. if you cant find body color no worries have full black wheeel cap even that would look cool. add some led lights at the bottom of the car that would enhance the look at night. just a thought[:)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #41
No not orange keep it restricted to body colour. otherwise it would look odd. i will try and send you some pics of the wheel cap i find here in two tone may be that will help you narrow down on the search. if you cant find body color no worries have full black wheeel cap even that would look cool. add some led lights at the bottom of the car that would enhance the look at night. just a thought[:)]

Well the car color is orange ! [roll] and led's ,drl's are for a later stage [evil] and ill be blacking out the tail lamps using tints not gonna smoke 'em

cool that's nice. Once you blacken the headlight and tail light see how mean the Nano would look. It would look mean and awesome. not Drl's bro what i meant to say is, have you seen cars with lights at the bottom of running boards. they look good if done nicely. and that would require only 2 LED lights to be fixed at the bottom of the car max 2 hr job.

Thread Starter #43
cool that's nice. Once you blacken the headlight and tail light see how mean the Nano would look. It would look mean and awesome. not Drl's bro what i meant to say is, have you seen cars with lights at the bottom of running boards. they look good if done nicely. and that would require only 2 LED lights to be fixed at the bottom of the car max 2 hr job.

Can you post a pic for reference ? And also take a look at this

Attachments

Last edited:
plasmaglow-2.1-million-color-led-under-car-light-kit.jpg

Some thing like the above pic. See the underbody with blue lighting it would look awesome at night.
Also did you paint the MRF with white colour if yes, first wash the tyre completely then go for rubber spray can and then write on it with white. below is the image as to how it would look.

400RMODDED2.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #45
View attachment 189160

Some thing like the above pic. See the underbody with blue lighting it would look awesome at night.
Also did you paint the MRF with white colour if yes, first wash the tyre completely then go for rubber spray can and then write on it with white. below is the image as to how it would look.

View attachment 189161
Will keep the underbody lighting for later ! and yes i did use a Tyre paint ! Will definitely wash it and do it [:D]

Top Bottom