My Tata Nano LX Saga

Thread Starter #16
Last week i was a bit free and so started to dig in to LED lamps !!

I always felt that my cabin light was very low and after seeing other forum members change their filament lamps to led's , i also thought of giving it a go!!!

So i opened up the dome inspected the festoon adapter and the space available!!

With the dimensions in mind , i started to search online!!!!

With space constrain i opted out of those panel led's which needs to be pasted using a double sided tape!

so finally settled with this

CAR LED 16 SMD White 36mm Bulb Dome Festoon Interior Light 12V CAR Accessories | eBay

But again i tot of checking the next door accessory shop and to my sweet surprise he had exactly what i wanted ! :D bought it for 150 bucks and now my cabin is gleaming :D and also fixed a pair of blind spot mirrors that i got them cheaply from paytm !!! perhaps the mirrors are too cheap :(

Attachments

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
I loved the idea of small convex mirrors.
Don't they confuse the view or hamper the coverage of original mirror?

Thread Starter #18
I loved the idea of small convex mirrors.
Don't they confuse the view or hamper the coverage of original mirror?
Even i was thinking of the same ! But yet to drive her to ascertain the real world performance ! But as such it doesn't hamper that much ! They are extremely helpful while reversing

bhvm

Honoured Member
will you recommend me to use such mirrors on my scooter?
the factory mirrors are very small and don't cover much area. can these be removed if I don't like or they'll put stains?

Thread Starter #21
will you recommend me to use such mirrors on my scooter?
the factory mirrors are very small and don't cover much area. can these be removed if I don't like or they'll put stains?
bhvm , i don't think that they will go well with scooter mirrors! adn yes the marks can be removed with surgical sprit or colin
Good thread with tons of details about your Nano and driving experience. Thanks for sharing.

Nice LED light you have in the cabin. Any new DIY from your end?

My pleasure mastiandroid5 !!! i'm out of town for a week and hence no DIY from my end! anyhow planing to to do damping with thermocol and yoga mats :)

Waiting for pics Akmal! how about the cabin noise, do you find it increasing if you have 4people and accelerating from 20 - 60kmph?

Thread Starter #24
Waiting for pics Akmal! how about the cabin noise, do you find it increasing if you have 4people and accelerating from 20 - 60kmph?
SS80 I mostly drive alone and that too in B2B traffic so I can't really comment about acceleration and noise ! Speaking about noise ! the insulating layer above the engine cover is missing in my car ! so no insulation from noise and heat! I have been planning to do a DIY Insulation using yoga mats and thermocol ! But the incessant rains and my hectic schedule are not permitting me !
I have some Good news and bad news too guys !
I banged her in a pillar while taking her out ! akward parking postion ! and wet steep slope aided this !
My Blind spot mirrors were stolen in secured parking in office! [frustration]
and last Monday's cloud burst has flooded my car !
My car has pvc carpeting done over the stock one!
I still have no idea from where so much water had come in from! I had mopped out 3 buckets and still its there! My carpet is wet still with a mini bathtub beneath it .[anger]
Asked TASS for cleaning and they were quoting 2800 bucks for cleaning ! whereas the new carpet would come around 1700 bucks !
So I ripped of the pvc flooring and mopped out another half bucket of water
Have spoken to 3m ! initially they refused as my car had pvc mats and they can't remove it (are u kidding me ?) Will be taking them to Saturday ! will update the post with all the pics !

And yes I forgot to add I changed the License plate lights to SMD(led) projector ones!

Last edited:
Sad to hear about the water inflow into the car. its funny sometimes how these big service providers like 3m react to simple problems.

Thread Starter #26
Sad to hear about the water inflow into the car. its funny sometimes how these big service providers like 3m react to simple problems.
Yeah Incarnation ! and tass was at its best (stupidity) "Sir removing the seats involves a lot of labour ! " I was like give me a allen key set ! i'll remove them myself [lol]

Thread Starter #27
So as promised ! I'm back with snaps and a few upgrades too!!
The things that I have added are
1) new led number plate lamps
2) stripes inspired from bumble bee
3) window shades !

Attachments

@Akmal im sorry to say bro the stripes are too far spaced and that is spoiling the look of the car. the sppace between the 2 should not be more than the thickness of the stripe that is if u have used a 4" wide stripe there should not be a gap more than 4" between the 2.

or else do one wide stripe and one thin stripe on one side of the car even that would look cool.
i have included the pic
Tata-Nano-GenX-Accessories-racing-stripes-1024x683.jpg

Tata-Nano-GenX-Accessories-1024x683.jpg

Tata-Nano-Jet-Body-Kits-001.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #29
The problem is that the roof lines at the top where obstructing ! And that's the reason I I had to do this ! And I wasn't happy with the single stripe at a side !!! :) and no offence meant buddy :) what may appeal u may not appeal me !!! That's the way modding and car designing is ! :p isn't it

Last edited:
Its Just that bro sometimes when you have done the hard work and you get the feedback as negative it upsets. i have faced it sometimes. so i know at the receiving end how it feels hence said so. But your reply did get the spirits high which is so very true. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Top Bottom