My Tata Nano LX Saga

Hello Nimu ,
First let me congratulate you one your new set of wheels. Nano is special in many ways and it being our first car makes it even more special. Nice pics of your nano along with your better half . I don't know if any other car will fit in our congested cities. please do start a new thread for your new Tigor as well .. We are keen on seeing your new beauty ;) . Happy motoring :)
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/32167-tata-tigor-xz-ownership-review.html

Thread Starter #92
Update Time!!!

After the car was brought to my native it was used very rarely. Once a week dad would start it and let it idle for 15-20 minutes and cover her up.

I used to take her out whenever i went to my native. But this took a toll on the aging battery in the car.

The battery finally gave up when my parents had gone out of station for a month and there was no one to even crank her Up. So the battery was finally changed after it refused to get even charged along with some tinkering work thanks to a biker ripping her bumper off in my native.

The battery came around 4000 something and the tinkering work for 300 bucks! Following that the car was used regularly as I was in my native for close to two months and before I left I managed top rip off the bumper again !

This time with a awkwardly parked royal enfield that escaped my sight.

Following this the car was again parked and started only on weekly basis.

A month later when I went back to my native , it was time to mend the bumper again along with the replacement of timing belt and tensioner bearing.

This time I took the advice of our regular driver and took her to a road side tinkerer to get the bumper fixed! and indeed he had done a neat job of patching it at just 150 bucks!

I sourced out the belt and bearing from a local store and again took her to a mech of his recommendation! Had to spend half a day at the garage to get the belt and bearing changed. The older bearing had cracked.

Two months down the line the yearly service was already 2 months behind schedule. So in April I took time off from my regular schedule and got her serviced!

I always open her engine cover before I start after a month to inspect oil, coolant and all. 2 months back I had noticed that the coolant was low and hence topped it up with distilled water and left her covered up for 2 months . Then after two months I found the over flow tank to be empty again. so this time I filled her up again and monitored her for leaks.

the lower bottom guard was showing signs of coolant leakage and hence took her to mech immediately!

Upon inspection he confirmed that the radiator has gone kaput and needs to be changed! Since the car was getting opened for a radiator change I decided to change the oils as well!

Boy I never knew that hunting for the right grade oil would be such a trouble. The store owners have no idea about petrol and diesel specific oils!

Ask for 15w40 api SJ or lower they proudly keep a can of 15W40 api CH4. After a lot of hassle was able to procure Castrol 15w40 api SN

consumables

engine oil
coolant
gear oil

spares
radiator
right brake cylinder
air filer
oil filter and
fuel filter.

total cost including wheel alignment and waster wash came upto 6250 INR
labour was 1250INR.

I'll hopefully post the pics later after I find them in my gdrive!

Cheers.

Thread Starter #93
Vehicle now sold! ODO stands at 37376 Kms .. Had changed a lot of stuff till now.. starting from clutch, catalytic convertor, shocks, locks to horn.

Top Bottom