My Tata Nano ICE DIY

Thread Starter #1
I purchased my tata nano 26th jan 2012,
same day delivery.
Model-pearl white lx
they gave nothing free in accessories
floor matting 900/-
car cover/-700/-

There was no music system in my nano that time.And other than TAAS accessories void warranty.Company approved music system costs near about 10000/-
and that time my mentality was not to spend such huge amount only for warranty.[frustration]

but music is part (imp)of driving.So cant live without music system[:)]

Till now I've done one long trip to Ganapatipule at about 350 km from my native place. Journey was very joyfull .I have been given youtube link in Tata nano the best one forum.But missed the music.So while returning we went to Gandhinagar electronics market in Kolhapur.

There i saw a simple china mp3 model with in built lithium battery and remote + fm also.I purchased that unit only for 480 rs.
But never used as it is in my car

I unscrewed that unit and made beautiful music system for my nano.[clap]

Total expense approx 600 rs.

I will post photos soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Little diy in my tata nano

Sounds interesting and waiting for the photos.
Recently i happened to see a jeep in our locality with just a bluetooth speaker on its dash. The guy just synced his mobile with it by one touch and woow......it played so nicely. Acceptable effect if not so great as that of HU ones.

It appeared to be a good low cost alternative for those who are not music buffs but still need some sort of music while driving.

I purchased my tata nano 26th jan 2012,
same day delivery.
Model-pearl white lx

I unscrewed that unit and made beautiful music system for my nano.[clap]

Total expense approx 600 rs.

I will post photos soon

Hi milinda,
mine was also lx model purchased on july 2012, but I received freebies - mud flaps, floor mates(grass), temple, perfume, chocolate box[:)]. As you said the warranty will void if stereo is fitted from outside- so its completely fake. You can buy after market stereo as I did after buying the car, you need to connect stereo via 4 point connector(female is available)in the car dashboard purchase the male connector cost appx Rs 100.0. Unless until you do not cut any wires to make connections it will not effect the warranty.

DIY stereo unit, I have also installed it on my 2nd car when I do not want to invest money and need cost effective measure. Will post the picture today.

Last edited:
Nice DIY.
How the wiring for the rear speakers has been done?
Did you remove the floor carpet for the same and could you please post a picture of it?
I am having a Pio HU in my Nano LX with only front speakers and planning for a DIY rear woofer installation (without amp).

Nice DIY.
How the wiring for the rear speakers has been done?
Did you remove the floor carpet for the same and could you please post a picture of it?
I am having a Pio HU in my Nano LX with only front speakers and planning for a DIY rear woofer installation (without amp).
Sure bro. will post the images later this evening. When i have this set up no rear speakers only front one installed because I want a cheap yet effective system.
I don't think its good to install woofer without amp, or i have less knowledge in that area.

Thread Starter #11
see the pic of my DIY. this system is now removed and replaced with complete stereo with speakers in parcel tray and F&D usb powered speaker bar in the front.
Nice work mrigank.Finishing is also better.Please put the photo of current stereo system.

these are some snaps of my nano ice diy

View attachment 149973

after doing all this my car warranty is safe because i did not touched the ice circuit [:d]
This DIY looks terrible, I don't know how you could do this to your car?. Its just the warranty alone, not the aesthetics of your interior that matters to you! [cry]. Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. AFAIK installing an aftermarket ICE setup with proper wiring harness won't void the warranty.

Remaining images from my 2nd ride.
Do you know what is the use of another cable coming out from electronic antenna.
From the picture the antenna is having a built in booster, so it will need a 12V supply other than the cable going to SMA /coaxial connector.

bhvm

Honoured Member
in my old times, I had fixed a creative inspire 2.1 system in my car. I could plug my mobile or mp3 cd player (discman ) and enjoy ultimate sound quality.

From the picture the antenna is having a built in booster, so it will need a 12V supply other than the cable going to SMA /coaxial connector.
Where to get the direct power for this connection, any specific amp current it required. I don't understand if 12v power is needed to feed through this why the mechanic from where I installed this antenna not connected any one just SMA /coaxial connector only?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #15
Lamessonwheels you are surely right....but it was just simple experiment with no tools available.Also i had planned a long tour at about 4 days and there was no time to install authoroised ice ....also i was really unknown about aftermarket ice cant void warrenty thats why i done this rough finished diy...but enjoyed the music all the way....

Last edited:

Top Bottom