My Tata Nano Gen-X XT: My Best Buddy, Now Modified.

Thread Starter #16
A quick coverage on the detailing service I did for my Nano at Moto38 car and bike care in Coimbatore.
People around Coimbatore and Tirupur can avail their good quality services.
I got foam wash and wax coating done for ₹999.

Thread Starter #17
Hello folks!

As of today, January 21st, it's been 4 years since the Nano became a part of my family.

Nearing 38,000kms, just got the tyres rotated and alignment checked.

Last week found out that the driveshaft boot was leaking and got that replaced for ₹650 at TAFE. Apart from a few runs to the grandpa's house at Dharapuram, the months have been largely uneventful.

However, plans for some long trips are in progress. Will update soon.

Here are some photos on the occasion of my Nano-versary!

IMG_20210121_190232_951.jpg

IMG_20201225_202317_860-01.jpeg

PicsArt_12-21-07.55.17.jpg

Forgot to mention that by mid-December, I got a few interior panels Hydro-dipped in carbon fiber design. The quality is really good and seems to suit my Nano really well.

IMG-20201206-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20201210-WA0023.jpg

IMG_20201210_161626-min.jpg

IMG_20201210_161641-min.jpg

IMG_20201210_161604-min.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #18
December first week:
On December 1st
I had been to Chennai for the review of the Nissan Magnite. It was the Nano's first long drive with the upsized wheels and modified interior.
Started by 5:15 am from home. It was a 501km journey to the room I had booked in Chennai. I had calculated an 8 hour drive.
Since I was the only person in the car, I enjoyed the drive with the music turned up.
I had selected the safe and smooth Coimbatore - Salem - Chinnasalem - Ulundurpet - Chennai route which has 4 lane highways for more than 70% of the route. I maintained a steady 80-85kmph speed for the most part.
Yes, the modifications I had done were really paying off. The cruising comfort has so much improved, with less road noise. The seat comfort with the armrest is so much like a luxury car. After setting off, the first stop I made was at Chinnasalem by 8:30 am, which is exactly halfway of the drive. 250kms in just over 3 hours is really impressive for a Nano, right? Spent some 15 mins clicking photos and updating status and then set off again to Ulundurpet, where I had decided to have breakfast.
IMG_20201201_083058-min.jpg
IMG_20201201_083139-min.jpg

It was a proper 1 hour break at the hotel in Ulundurpet, after which I set off again to the final destination. On the way I happened to encounter the upcoming next gen Mahindra XUV500 testing at high speeds.
It was 12:30 by the time I reached the outskirts of Chennai. Due to the terrible traffic and some political issue, I had to go around another way and then enter the city. Reached the hotel by 2:10pm with the fuel tank displaying just one bar.
It was on this trip that the Phone Mount came in really handy for navigation. With Google assistant I could give navigation instructions and the screen itself being right in front of me with real time speed was really so convenient.
The next day morning was spent with the Magnite and the evening at the hotel. I had tanked up the Nano after the review, resulting in an economy figure of 23kmpl.
The third day we set off back to Coimbatore by 1:30pm after catching up with a friend and visiting relatives. It was a rainy drive throughout. Reached Chinnasalem by 5:00pm after having a break on the way. After a break with a friend there, I resumed the journey and reached home at Coimbatore by 10:00pm.
IMG_20201203_172658-min.jpg

IMG-20201203-WA0055.jpg
The Nano performed great as usual and so did the modifications. The chances of driver fatigue has reduced drastically, making any journey a pleasant one. I am now looking forward to do more long drives this new year.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
@DJ bro Your Nano is among the most subtle yet tastefully done up examples. I really love your attachment and respect towards it. Apart from your car, the other example of long drive in a nano which I still remember was a trip from Mumbai to Delhi by one of the most respected and loved audio maverick, Sir Sam Kapasi along with one of his friend. Nano for the money its priced at, serves the purpose well. You'll know better, but, isn't the nano production stopped now? How are you managing the spare parts arrangements etc?

BTW, the unparalleled passion with which you do the reviews, I really like it and admire your level of knowledge[cheers] God Bless your car with a long life. It is blessed to have a owner like you!!

Regards
Akash

Thread Starter #20
@DJ bro Your Nano is among the most subtle yet tastefully done up examples. I really love your attachment and respect towards it. Apart from your car, the other example of long drive in a nano which I still remember was a trip from Mumbai to Delhi by one of the most respected and loved audio maverick, Sir Sam Kapasi along with one of his friend. Nano for the money its priced at, serves the purpose well. You'll know better, but, isn't the nano production stopped now? How are you managing the spare parts arrangements etc?

BTW, the unparalleled passion with which you do the reviews, I really like it and admire your level of knowledge[cheers] God Bless your car with a long life. It is blessed to have a owner like you!!

Regards
Akash
Thanks a lot for the encouraging words bro. Regarding spares I never found any hassle till date. Service is taken care of by TAFE ACCESS LTD and any other small parts are available on boodmo as well. Till date I have spent just around ₹7000 in total for service and spares for the past 4 years. Hope it stays that way.
Tata motors promise is that spares for any discontinued car will be available for the next 10-15 years. So no worry.
Glad you like my videos. I try to give my best and gain as much knowledge as possible. Still improving and realising mistakes.
The Magnite reviews really turned everyone's attention towards me and my channel and yes, the trip was worth it.
Thanks a cheers![cheers]

Top Bottom