My Suzuki Mehran Mods a.k. Alto SB 308 a.k.a Maruti 800

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,

just sharing my mods with my ride from the other side of the border. Here we have this car model since 1989 and the has gone through my changes but most of them were not drastic.

Initially it came with the standard non Efi Carburetor engine but later in 2011-12 Suzuki gave this car an Efi system with improved air conditioning system and since then it goes on. When this car was launched it costed approx 90,000 PKR and now it is priced at 849000/- PKR due to high rupee to dollar parity. But still this is the highest selling and the most popular car across Pakistan just because its simple, cheap maintenance and reliable.

Anyways its a little intro about this little bug. I got this car in 2016 brand new. initially i didn't thought much about this car because i already had two cars at home. An old classic Mazda 1500 -1970 model and a Honda Civic 1981 hatchback model. But gradually as i started use it more and more i thought why not to change the car to my taste. so here goes the pic when i got it.

Then the first thing i noticed were its side mirrors which are standard plane mirrors. Basically we had a big market here for old parts you can say a scrapyard for old cars, parts market and a mix market for imported parts for all the cars. So i went there to find suitable mirrors for my car and what i found were these mirrors. these mirrors came in an old car named Subaru Justy 1984-1990 model. as soon as i saw them i bought them. painted in matt black and installed in the car. surprisingly the fitting was just perfect and the thing is they were not plane mirrors. they gave a perfect back view as compared to the standard ones.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
IMG_20181022_1515494.jpg

IMG_20181022_1516137.jpg
Continued.

As this is a standard car, my mind was full of ideas to make it a different car so i made a TO DO list and here it goes:

Seat Covers
Vinyl Flooring
Hand rest centre console
Door Lights
Alloy wheels
Day and night back view mirror
Doors hand rest
Speakers
Halogens
clock
Back spoiler
Hood scoop

and the list is still going

After the mirrors i changed the seat covers and got them stitched in ragazine material or u can say artificial leather. the color was rust orange in contrast with the body SAND BEIGE color.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Wow Nnabeel79,
Those are some well thought out mods on the mehran!
The seat covers in Sand color is also looking unique.

BTW, Its nice you have classic Mazda and other vintages in the garage. Pics please!
Subscribed to the thread, awaiting further mods.

Thread Starter #4
After seat covers, i managed to changed the hand rest of the front two doors which are bit meatier.

Center arm rest console installed from some imported toyota highlux adjusted in a way so that the hand rest on level with the gear shaft.

All four door cards were upgraded with door lights which i bought from imported old cars parts market. these lights come in doors of Toyota hi ace and liteace vans. Here in PK, suzuki mehran comes with only one door switch p so i had too install door switches in the remaining three doors, then connected all 4 with these lights which will lit when any of the door opens. here goes the pics in sequence.

Attachments

Thread Starter #5
As the wish list was getting longer and some of things were getting accomplished so i decided to do some more work.

the std car now comes with a usb players supported with two small speakers in front doors. What I did is i bought two door speakers of Honda civic 2010 model which is called here as "Civic Reborn". the speaker comes very cheap because honda owners take them out and install after market brands, so i got them in 400 rupees. Went to the guy who makes Dabba for speakers. I had the dabba made to order which is not fix basically and can be removed as and when required. Wiring for the rear was also done and the result came awesome.

the listening experience was excellent and produce best sound quality with all four speakers working together.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
Wow Nnabeel79,
Those are some well thought out mods on the mehran!
The seat covers in Sand color is also looking unique.

BTW, Its nice you have classic Mazda and other vintages in the garage. Pics please!
Subscribed to the thread, awaiting further mods.
yes sure will make separate threads for Mazda and the civic

Thread Starter #8
Another thing are the back lights. i liked the old ones which has visible lines and the new ones dont. so i decided to change the lights to old ones. Although people here differ from my choice but its solely my decision. Similarly i also changed the new front grill to an old model which came from 1992-1996 models.

first two pics show how it looks with new lights. And last two pics show how it look with old lights

Attachments

Thread Starter #9
the grill was too plane so i decided to give a different look. i took the reverse light from our suzuki bolan which was previously called suzuki hiroof ( the advanced model of suzuki gypsy).

i cut the grill from both sides and fixed the lights with screws. bought S logo from market and fixed it also with screws.

Attachments

Thread Starter #10
Here comes the hardest part. we have only two vents for ac blow which comes in centre. in previous model it used to come with four vents but after year 2008 the vents were limited to 02 only, so
i decided to make one on my side. bought pipes and vents from market and then started the process. at first i had to cut the coin box, surprisingly the dashbaord has all the holes and grips present to fit the vents and the pipes. took out the meter and speedo cable.

Thread Starter #11
Pictures for the diy

Attachments

So guys after a long long disappearance from this beautiful forum, sharing again some mods done to the car. The car as Mar 25-2021 has clocked around 55k kms with regular checkups and maintenance. My old id was Nnabeel79 which I couldn't log due to some issues.

So here goes, the first is the roof console. Basically it comes in an old model Honda civic 1978-77 model. I got it from scrap market in bare condition. Basically it is made of foam and its outer coating was gone. the lights were intact so after a lot of searching, my painter guy painted it with some technic using water based paint. It surely gave it a better look. for installation i had to used a metal strip inside the fibre of the roof which should hold the console from the middle.

81dd13f0c26fe9fbd9be5568d05e4378d9b5d962_1_500x500.jpg

81dd13f0c26fe9fbd9be5568d05e4378d9b5d962_1_500x500.jpg

IMG_20171105_215026.jpg

IMG_20171105_214620.jpg

f18c61984d759895bc15116db2f3e895f6d50873_1_500x500.jpg

So i took the measurement, took off the roof fiber, made the metal strip to fit in the middle of the roof with a nut welded to hold the roof console screw.
the metal plate in the console was painted black and new stickers were custom made to match the Suzuki name. here's the final result.

the console contains a Map light and center dome light. an incision was made in the fiber of the roof to pass the metal bracket of the roof console. The original doom light that comes with the back view mirror was taken out and a cheap after market light was purchased and cut so that it covers the area left blank after fitting the console.

IMG_20190825_1655493.jpg

IMG_20190825_1655392.jpg

IMG_20190825_1655557.jpg

IMG_20190825_1737385.jpg

IMG_20190825_1737496.jpg

IMG_20190825_1738099.jpg

IMG_20190825_1738577.jpg

IMG_20190825_1738099.jpg

IMG_20190825_1738577.jpg

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom