My Stint Purchasing a Used Tata Safari

That grille in the first pic....OH MY GOD ! You have got yourself the 3.0 litre Dicor (LX) Model (unless the grille is not an original one). This one was a real lemon from Tata, a Spacio DI engine with a common rail head. It revs up only till 3000 rpm (please post a picture of the rpm meter to confirm if it is indeed a 3.0 Dicor) and is a rubbish engine for the city. Things do improve on the highway, though. I don't know what came over you/who advised you to go for this model. How much did you pay for it? The only Safaris worth buying are the ones with the 2.2 litre Dicor engine. The 2.2 Dicors come with the same grille that you have posted in your second pic.

The grille would be a straight fit on your Safari, no problems at all. But personally, I think the present grille looks much classy. You can alternatively try the chromed version of the present grille (should be available with your Tata dealer/in the grey market). Keep us posted!

I am sorry but that engine is not a lemon! We owned a Safari 3.0L DICOR for 4 years and clocked 1Lakh KMS and we never faced a single problem with the engine! I agree its not a free revving engine or peppy but it's quite good. Anyways SUV'S are not meant to race then why would you want it to rev above 3k??

Have you owned a Safari before? Please don't post wrong information all over the forum saying Safari is unreliable buddy! There is hell a lot of difference between unreliable and niggle. Safari suffers from niggles but no way it's unreliable. And all cars do suffer from breakdown , there is not a single car which is free from breakdowns , and FYI i have seen even an Innova being towed!

lxi.

Suspended
Congratulations on your Beast! Looks well maintained and white also goes well with the car. I would suggest you to paint the bumpers white and the grill should be replaced by the chrome grill instead of the one you showed earlier. I have done some photoshopping on how it will look with these[evil][glasses]. Sorry if its not that great, i am newbie to photoshop and this is my third or fourth try with photoshop. here you go. Also if you want me to add any accessories on your safari, feel free to tell.bUDDY , i have it on my pc, but i am not able to upload it.[confused]. MODs - please help how to upload a photoshop image (psd. extension)

I am sorry but that engine is not a lemon! We owned a Safari 3.0L DICOR for 4 years and clocked 1Lakh KMS and we never faced a single problem with the engine! I agree its not a free revving engine or peppy but it's quite good. Anyways SUV'S are not meant to race then why would you want it to rev above 3k??

Have you owned a Safari before? Please don't post wrong information all over the forum saying Safari is unreliable buddy! There is hell a lot of difference between unreliable and niggle. Safari suffers from niggles but no way it's unreliable. And all cars do suffer from breakdown , there is not a single car which is free from breakdowns , and FYI i have seen even an Innova being towed!
Please read my previous posts on this thread. I never said that the 3.0 engine was a lemon. I said that the 3.0 Dicor version was a lemon. One cannot argue with the number of 3.0 Dicors sold by Tata. It was a reasonably okay product but was simply not up to the competition and that's why Tata had to replace it with the 2.2 Dicor. Like you, even I love the Safari despite all its faults and like you, even I have had some excellent time with it on the road. I just wish it were as reliable and fault free as any other car on the road today. As things stand on date, when you climb out after driving another rupee ten lakh car and into step the Safari and drive it, you just can't help feeling that this just isnt a properly thought out vehicle from an engineering point of view. I hope things improve with the Storme.

I think Storme has addressed the issue which you have mentioned. People who have checked it out said it has a more car like feeling now.

Reliability yeah hope they can improve on that! But let me clarify again , no other car is fault free. Every car has some problems , to an extent only the Japs are trouble free but i have seen even Innova's being towed!

Finally it all boils down to the maintenance and driving. I have seen several Safari owners who are extremely happy with the car except facing a few niggles.

lxi.

Suspended
Buddy, Here's your car with chrome grill, painted bumper(white) and chrome Orvms!

Cheers. if you want some more add-ons on your car, tell me. I am feeling great workingg on Photoshop!

Buddy, Here's your car with chrome grill, painted bumper(white) and chrome Orvms!

Cheers. if you want some more add-ons on your car, tell me. I am feeling great workingg on Photoshop!
I can't see any picture? Yes we do want more mods, maybe start a new thread for your photoshop mods.[:)]

lxi.

Suspended
But i am not able to upload the Photoshopped pics. It has PSD. extension which is not valid here.? What to do?

lxi.

Suspended
I am not able to upload [:(] as it is a psd. and it cant be open with those applications which support jpg, jpeg,etc. and if i open the original file (before modifications) with any application which does support jpg, then i am not able to modify :lol!:

i think photoshop does have feature of exporting as pic in other format . many people do photoshop here in this form like type-r . they do upload pic . if they can why can't you

Top Bottom