My Solo Drive Through Countryside & Forests: Datsun RediGo

Thread Starter #1
Had been working too hard off late & needed a break which would also beat the monday blues. It was a beautiful sunday the 5th of august when i decided to go on an unplanned drive only to return on monday the 6th of august. I left Bengaluru by 12 noon on my cute datsun heading toward kanakapura. Traffic was moderate and i continued my drive on NH209 via Sathnur, Halaguru & Malavalli. A brief stop for a cup of tea / checking out whatsapp messages. Proceeded to Kollegal via Gaganachukki / Barachukki falls. It was beautiful to see the Cauvery river flow. This place was full of tourists & the cops had a difficult time controlling the swelling number of cars & vans that kept coming in. Stopped @ Shetty's hotel in Kollegal for tiffin. The rava idli & onion dosa was quite delicious here. Headed towards Gundlupet via Yellandur & Chamrajnagar. Drifted onto NH212 (Calicut highway) amidst a lot of marigold / sunflower plantations on either sides. Motorists stop in between this stretch to take selfies and family pictures. Entered Kerala state via Bandipur Tiger reserve. The Karnataka Forest Department officers pulled over two cars ahead of mine as they were taking snaps on their DSLR's. They were fined for this.
Checked into "Wild Tusker" resort near Muthanga Wildlife sanctuary. A great place to wind up after a long drive. Had an elevated cottage stay. The wooded room was very clean and the hosts were very obliging. Weather was awesome, drizzling & chill. Enjoyed whiskey & very tasty Veg fried rice/Egg masala. Slept well too. I was served complementary breakfast the next morning. Traditional Puttu & kadala curry was tempting. Had shower & left towards Sulthan Batheri amidst good downpour.
Stopped to buy Calicut halwa, banana chips & jackfruit chips at a shop near Mathais bakery. Took the broken road heading to Manantavadi. The high ground clearance of my Redigo helped a lot actually. Never did i scrape the bottom along this horrible stretch. Drove through beautiful Wayanad scenery & forest patches to reach Tholpetty via Panamaram & Manantavadi. After a brief stop for lemon tea drove on to reach Kutta in Karnataka. Entered Nagarahole Tiger Reserve through Nanachi forest check post. An amazing slow drive through Nagarahole was refreshing enough, the flora & fauna absolutely stunning. Exited through Veeranahosahalli forest check post to reach Hunsur. Continued driving till KRS road where i stopped for lunch. Some tasty naan & paneer butter masala to satisfy my hunger cravings @ Hotel Heritage Shelters.[:D]
Reached Bengaluru through the busiest impatient Mysuru - Bengaluru highway. This is my first write up here, hope you enjoyed reading it.

Please note : Can anyone let me know as to how to insert photos in between paragraphs ? Trip pictures below. Thanks.

Attachments

Had been working too hard off late & needed a break which would also beat the monday blues. It was a beautiful sunday the 5th of august when i decided to go on an unplanned drive only to return on monday the 6th of august. I left Bengaluru by 12 noon on my cute datsun heading toward kanakapura. Traffic was moderate and i continued my drive on NH209 via Sathnur, Halaguru & Malavalli. A brief stop for a cup of tea / checking out whatsapp messages. Proceeded to Kollegal via Gaganachukki / Barachukki falls. It was beautiful to see the Cauvery river flow. This place was full of tourists & the cops had a difficult time controlling the swelling number of cars & vans that kept coming in. Stopped @ Shetty's hotel in Kollegal for tiffin. The rava idli & onion dosa was quite delicious here. Headed towards Gundlupet via Yellandur & Chamrajnagar. Drifted onto NH212 (Calicut highway) amidst a lot of marigold / sunflower plantations on either sides. Motorists stop in between this stretch to take selfies and family pictures. Entered Kerala state via Bandipur Tiger reserve. The Karnataka Forest Department officers pulled over two cars ahead of mine as they were taking snaps on their DSLR's. They were fined for this.
Checked into "Wild Tusker" resort near Muthanga Wildlife sanctuary. A great place to wind up after a long drive. Had an elevated cottage stay. The wooded room was very clean and the hosts were very obliging. Weather was awesome, drizzling & chill. Enjoyed whiskey & very tasty Veg fried rice/Egg masala. Slept well too. I was served complementary breakfast the next morning. Traditional Puttu & kadala curry was tempting. Had shower & left towards Sulthan Batheri amidst good downpour.
Stopped to buy Calicut halwa, banana chips & jackfruit chips at a shop near Mathais bakery. Took the broken road heading to Manantavadi. The high ground clearance of my Redigo helped a lot actually. Never did i scrape the bottom along this horrible stretch. Drove through beautiful Wayanad scenery & forest patches to reach Tholpetty via Panamaram & Manantavadi. After a brief stop for lemon tea drove on to reach Kutta in Karnataka. Entered Nagarahole Tiger Reserve through Nanachi forest check post. An amazing slow drive through Nagarahole was refreshing enough, the flora & fauna absolutely stunning. Exited through Veeranahosahalli forest check post to reach Hunsur. Continued driving till KRS road where i stopped for lunch. Some tasty naan & paneer butter masala to satisfy my hunger cravings @ Hotel Heritage Shelters.[:D]
Reached Bengaluru through the busiest impatient Mysuru - Bengaluru highway. This is my first write up here, hope you enjoyed reading it.

Nice and Brief Travelogue with good pics.

Please note : Can anyone let me know as to how to insert photos in between paragraphs ? Trip pictures below. Thanks.
To insert pics in between the paragraphs:
bring the cursor below the paragraph,
click on the attach images and files,
select the file
and the pic will get inserted below the paragraph.

Thread Starter #6
Nice and Brief Travelogue with good pics.

To insert pics in between the paragraphs:
bring the cursor below the paragraph,
click on the attach images and files,
select the file
and the pic will get inserted below the paragraph.
Tried it but i was not successful ! Shall try again, thanks.

Top Bottom